The Mainland War – Chapter 8
1.6k 35 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours after the last chapter...

Succubus Homeland, Succubus weapons production

 

The explosives were getting upgraded, so too were all of the casings. C4 was not used in things like fragmentation grenades, because it usually vaporized the shrapnel. It was like hard alcohol and it required a chaser to mellow it out. This is what you used Trinitrotoluene for, true TNT and not a weak mixture of nitroglycerin soaked in sawdust and clay.

 

The bombs they were going to use look like aerosol cans and had the same detonator that modern grenades used. There were two types, one with a cone-shaped bottom and one that was flat. The flat design would be used for gas and thermite-based grenades. These could both be initiated by lead azide, it was also much safer than the alternative. This was a chemical called mercury fulminate, it released a lot of pressure, but not much else. It did release all of the mercury you used in gas form, this made it the worst primer imaginable for firearms.

 

No one wanted to breathe in mercury gas, it would kill you after enough exposure. That was if you didn't want to be driven insane by it first, it had been strongly linked to dementia. Instead, they used lead-based primers, which tended to be safer than the barium alternatives. They also had no access to barium on the island. Rex also doubted that the locals had any idea what it even was.

 

A grenade detonator was incredibly simple in design, the lever that you held acted as a stopper(sear) to hold a mechanical striker on a hard spring. This acted as a match using red phosphorus to light a fuse made of melted sugar and potassium nitrate. This fuse was a 5-second fuse and it went down into a blasting cap made of lead azide. This was to keep it safe, you didn't want to shock it by accident. The pin was just to keep it from going off by accident.

 

The casings for the grenades and the detonators would be created by the succubi craftswomen. They could begin putting it into production via casting. This was just until Rex had the proper tools to be able to start machining the pieces. Rex also dropped the mana-infused Borax off, it would be used the next day in an attempt to make dark iron in larger quantities.

 

If Rex succeeded in his efforts with dark iron, it might be the catalyst he needed to push the island ahead by another stage. Rex would not be happy until the island was an unassailable fortress. Then he could use the ships as a method to control the waters. As long as he had Kira, and if he was able to keep building a better relationship with Guffrey, then he would be able to heavily influence the island politically.

 

Walking out of the succubus weapons factory, Rex felt pretty good about the direction everything was headed currently. Every day hundreds of new bullets were being manufactured, and it was the beginnings of a large stockpile. The succubi were so proud of this that they decided to share with the other females on the mountaintop.

 

They are such a bad influence!

 

Kira had come up with a new strategy for the beastmen, they were going to create their own beast kings. These would be beast kings who would be very friendly towards them and help them break into the beastmen plains officially. Kira wanted Rex to help prop them up, by giving them access to weaponry to even out the power gap. It would also give the island the ability to take in some of the races of the beastmen as citizens on the island.

 

Kira planned to use the female fox beastmen that had lived with the succubi for 6 years now. That Fox had been such a kind young lady when Rex had first met her, her name was Lunas. The reason that the elves had raised this female fox was to make her into a coat using her fine red fur. The succubi had turned her from a nice and caring young fox, into another gun-wielding hooligan. Lunas even began dressing like the succubi, she was now just like them in nature. Kira was planning to return her to the fox tribes in the plains, and make her into the first-ever fox beast queen.

 

Since this was the plan, Rex threw his own candidate into the pool, and that was the mouseman Greko. The elves used the mousemen to keep their sewers clean, it was a dirty and disgusting life for the mousemen. The mousemen also had one of the largest populations among the beastmen, as a bonus they had fairly good connections with most of the rodent tribes.

 

Greko was Rex's answer to sweeping up a massive population that was highly suppressed. The elves saw no purpose in having more mousemen and ratmen, so they were killed on sight.

 

They have such an incredible sense of smell! How could they genocide such an incredible race?!

 

The elves had made a list of the various beastmen races, and it had the prices for every different beastman that the elves would take. They were treating this war as a way to shop for more slaves. This behavior had upset Rex, especially since he never had a favorable impression of their species. While his anger was reduced, since he was friends with Welch, he still felt their behavior was abhorrent.

 

The plan was to put the mouse and fox into a boot camp-style regiment and train them into soldiers. Kira had a section on the far south of the island that was used for this type of training. That was because the Pride of Men kept a large facility they used for working out, they had been trading with the dwarves through Bob to produce weights and dumbbells out of steel. Every member of the Pride of Men did some form of weight lifting and exercise, Simbad once said “A strong body is required to accept such a powerful culture, and to forge unbreakable bonds!”

 

Rex reached up and rubbed his face violently, it was to scrub the image of that proud, grizzled lion out of his mind.

 

Looking at the abandoned succubus house in front of him, he stopped at the door and opened it. This was to let it cool down from using the heat lamp. Reaching inside the house, he bent over and turned off the heat lamp. Blue started vibrating on his wrist, this caused Rex to look at it baffled. Rex stood up slowly and looked around the abandoned succubus house. The only thing he could see was the barrels of chemicals and his work desk.

 

Several boxes sat in the corner that was filled with assorted beakers and glassware. Rex suddenly felt Blue start to quickly liquefy, and he was able to make out something rapidly approaching behind him. This barely gave him time to bend his knees and jump to the side feeling something cut into his shoulder. He could hear his shirt rip and some of his blood was released into the air.

 

A pale hand with sharp nails barely avoided grabbing his shoulder. The nails had torn his skin open when it attempted to grab him. The nails were too white as if they were made of bone.

 

Using the momentum from his jump, he was able to get a few feet of distance. This also gave him a chance to get a look at his assailant. It was a pale woman with long blonde hair and pointed ears. At first, he thought it was a high elf until he saw the blood-red eyes. She had a look of disdain on her face as if she had failed to swat an insect. The several long sharp fangs revealed her race.

 

Vampire?!

 

Rex realized that this was a vampire based on her physical appearance. It was hard to focus on this though, there was a major problem with looking at her. She was completely naked, and Rex could see everything. The only reason Rex was even able to tell that it was a woman was the lack of a penis. Her chest was so flat, and her nipples were so pale that he had almost mistaken her for a man.

 

“What the fuck are you staring at?!” The woman roared, as she furiously charged towards Rex.

 

Anna was very angry, she wasn't strong enough to manifest her blood into clothing! This is why most vampires hated having to transform. They were unable to carry anything that wasn't able to be carried by a bat. This meant they lost all of their clothes and jewelry whenever they transformed, and she was not able to carry any of it.

 

The high elven enchanters could create spatial items, that were engraved into the neck of a bag or around a trunk. This allowed you to fill the container with much more than you would normally ever be able to, but it had to be able to fit into the opening of the storage device. Her father had been turned during the era of the high elves, but he had only been a woodcarver. He didn't possess the long-forgotten secrets of enchanting or alchemy.

 

As the vampire charged towards Rex, a change suddenly happened to the boy. A ball of blue gel rolled up the boy's left wrist, then it compressed into a ball before it exploded and launched slime everywhere in the room. The force was strong enough that it pushed Rex back, and slowed down the vampire as they were both covered in it.

 

Rex stumbled back several steps; he slammed into one of the metal barrels, causing it to tip over, and the lid to come off. A clear liquid like water was caused to spill out and steam could be seen rising off it. Rex felt horror from deep in his bones, it didn't matter if he was nearly immune to it.

 

OH, GOD! IT'S THE NITRIC ACID!!!

 

If 50 gallons of liquid were spilled into a 12ft x 12ft room, how much would pool on the floor? Rex didn't need to think about this for very long, as it quickly spilled against the corner of the wall, and sprayed all over him, and soon started coating the floor with a thick layer several centimeters deep. Thick vapor gas began to quickly fill the room, as the acid began to spread across the floor making hissing noises.

 

On the other side of the room, the slime on the vampire began to rapidly change colors. This caused steam to begin emitting from the exposed flesh of the vampire. The vampire began to try to claw at the goo that was lightly coating her, she quickly realized something when she saw holes opening in her flesh, making her skin look like Swiss cheese. Her claws also began to melt right before her eyes like butter.

 

I'm melting?

 

Blue was also incredibly happy about all the acid coating the floor, it could move incredibly quickly through fluids. Rex also took this opportunity to do the most sensible thing he could think of.

 

“ASSASSIN!” Rex roared at the top of his lungs.

 

This wasn't for the succubi, but all of the various beastmen on the mountaintop. The vampire was scratching at her skin violently trying to get the slime off of her, she was even cutting herself with her own nails. She must have realized the situation was getting very bad for her and tried a final time to take him as a hostage.

 

Blue had become truly pissed off at this point, as he was boiling madly on Rex's wrist. The more that Blue spread itself out the thinner it would become like a liquid, this allowed it to move incredibly fast. The woman reached forward, getting her hand onto Rex's shoulder. Before she could try to pull him towards her opening maw, Blue had been sliding up his shoulder and pooling onto his chest. It violently sprang forward slamming into her chest.

 

Every action has an opposite reaction, and every force will also cause a reverse force. If Rex had been standing, he would have been pushed over. Rex was currently on his ass, hunched over on a floor covered with acid that is more viscous than water. He was violently thrown and rolled against the wall, his acid-coated clothes had already begun to dissolve. This caused him to easily rip right out of them, and out of the vampires hold.

 

The vampire made a final grab at the man who was sent sliding across the floor into the other corner. His overalls had already come off exposing his long hairless legs, she reached towards it and grabbed onto it. She found no purchase as her hand slid down his ankle, and off his sweaty feet. The man was covered in acid, and it felt like a sticky thin oil. She couldn't get a grip, and her claws had already melted off.

 

This was because her nails were calcium-based, and fluorine was incredibly reactive with it. The acid that Blue produces will cause the bone to melt like it is cotton candy, it was the protective flesh and organs it had to deal with first.

 

The vampire could feel a tight force building around her lower back and stomach. The slime had given her a light coating and was gathering around her waist into a thick belt. She could feel the tension rapidly increasing, and she knew what it wanted to do.

 

It's trying to break me in half, so it can eat me slowly!

 

An angry roar was heard tearing through the city, and she could hear the loud sounds of an earthquake building from outside. She had been lucky that the slime hadn't made it into one of her eyes, leaving her a bit of vision. This allowed her to turn and see a large white bear coming charging towards the building from down the street. The force of its roar made her feel deep intimidation, it was something she only felt one other time. It was when she happened to spot the Lion King when he was sparring with an opponent.

 

The roar he released had that same kind of crushing pressure as if announcing that you are now very fucked. This was a roar filled to the brim with the anger of a very large bear, it had used the full power of its bloodline, and was currently even larger than the abandoned house. Its limbs were thicker than tree trunks, and the ground shook under every one of its footsteps. This caused the old clay succubus houses to begin collapsing under the force of its footsteps.

 

Borscht was angrier than he had ever been in his life, this was for a very simple reason.

 

You dare touch my cubs!

 

No one on the island dared to touch the boy, not due to the boy's strength, but the giant white bear. Normally he was about the height of a small car when Rex rode him, but his back was currently higher than the ceiling.

 

The vampire made a very painful decision, this was because it would cause her to drastically weaken. She started burning up the blood in her body to increase her regeneration. This wasn't for her badly melted body, but her transformation. As Blue began to build up the force needed to shatter her spine, her body rapidly contracted into itself as she transformed into a bat. The bat looked like muscle and skeleton, as it managed to break free of Blue's belt, quickly flying through the hole that formed in the slime where her face was.

 

She looked hatefully at the half-conscious man, he was dazedly shaking his head. This was because the force of the push had caused him to slide along the wall on the oily acid, headfirst into the corner. Such an idiotic and bumbling creature had somehow managed to escape her capture, she could only stare at the blue slime creature that was forming tentacles, as it reached for her. She didn't dare stay, as she quickly flew out the open door and into the sky.

 

Her wings were the only things that were in good shape due to the healing she gave them, she didn't dare to remain here. She had just gotten out of the door when a large furry paw began tearing through the building, flying right below her body. The entire wall with the door and window were flung off into the distance shattering a hole in the side of the cliff. This left a giant crater in the side of it, it could easily fit an SUV in the center.

 

She felt a warm wind brush her, and push her lightly forward, as what sounded like two cars crashing into each other rang out behind her. Looking back she saw rows of teeth that were as long as an arm, if she had hesitated at all, then she would have died between them.

 

This caused her to feel a deep chill run down her spine, but she soon heard the sound of wings. Looking back, she could see a large succubus flying towards her. Her wingspan was several inches longer than the other succubi who were struggling to keep up with her, this caused her to remember a legend.

 

The succubi had not had a true queen for a long time, this was not just some chosen succubus. It was a young succubus who had consumed an entire cities worth of life force during their developmental period. Over time they would grow a second smaller set of wings, these were not for flying. They magically increased their speed and extended the range of their charm. It also gave it the horrifying ability to even penetrate walls.

 

Many legends were told of the original succubus queen who came to this world with the original demons. She would lead her sisters into the middle of a city and commence a grand feast of lust and debauchery. The original anti-charm enchantments were placed on windows and doors to save the charmed residents when they tried to climb out of them to get to the succubi. It was said she was the great-great-granddaughter of the great ancestor of the succubi. (Author note: That is a lot of great's, so you know it is good!)

 

The vampire didn't have time for these useless thoughts, she quickly began to fly in the opposite direction. The succubus pulled out a short and stubby boomstick. Her tail flew forward and snapped out the folding stock. She angrily pointed it in the direction of the vampire and fired it.

 

The recoil caused Kira to slow for a second, but a cone of fire erupted out the front of the barrel, she loved loading the rounds very hot. This caused the dark iron slag to fly out in every direction. It looked like a shattered rock and whistled sharply through the air. Fortunately for the vampire, this was an incredibly inaccurate weapon.

 

She had missed, and she was angry about it. She snapped the stock shut, and used her tail to grab it by a strap. A hook was maneuvered and connected to a hoop on her belt, causing the shotgun to hang on her thigh. This left her hands perfectly free to maneuver the other gun of the succubi. It had a plastic folding stock as well, this was to make them easy to maneuver. This was the lever-action rifle that they were trained on.

 

Maneuvering the gun towards her shoulder from across her chest, her tail that had finished with the shotgun, moved forward and kicked out the folding stock. Her hand reached forward and chambered a round using the lever.

 

Anna as a vampire had a very acute sense of danger. While the last weapon was frightening, she felt that if this gun hit her there would be almost nothing left of her. It would be impossible for even the hardiest vampire to survive in their bat form if they were splattered.

 

Her answer was to fly as erratically as possible, this was to be as hard to shoot as she could. A loud bang was heard and she could instantly feel a cool breeze zip past her. This was followed by a deafening crack that nearly drove her mad. This caused her to veer sharply, as suddenly a rock flew where she had just been. This was an insane speed of throw, and it flew past her. She got a strong scent of elf in the wind of the thrown rock, it caused her to almost fall out of the air in shock.

 

IVANGOR!?!

 

The name of one elf was enough to bring nightmares to many beastmen and demons. It was said even the skaarm held an instinctual fear of him. He was the strongest elf in the entire kingdom. Vampires were able to instantly recognize this elf, and that was because of how distinct his blood smelled. It was as tyrannical as he was, and it made even their vampiric blood shake in unease.

 

Looking down towards the ground, she could see a tall dainty elven woman sprinting across the ground. Her body was fairly low to reduce the drag. She had a similar enraged expression as the succubus, she was running almost as fast as the succubus was flying. She reached down in her sprinting motion and grabbed another rock. Leaping forward, and sending the rock flying through the air with a mighty throw.

 

The bat instantly veered, causing the rock to barely miss her. A loud crack instantly erupted, smashing the rock into pieces. The vampire, Anna felt several rock shards tear into her body. Everything felt so raw, and she was filled with shock.

 

What kind of freaks are these?

 

Her flesh had barely started to grow back, and she could no longer afford to use any more of her blood to heal. The succubus continued to pump the lever on her gun, but she was falling further and further behind. It was more and more unlikely she would be able to hit her. She looked back in scorn to see the succubus' tail dart forward and snap down on the contraption she was using as a sight. The succubus smiled at the bat in mockery as she lined up another shot.

 

The vampire felt the hand of death approaching and quickly dogged to the side. The bullet was barely dodged, the succubus' accuracy with that boomstick was insane! The vampire felt cold sweat cover her, but the sense of death was only getting closer. She rapidly flapped her wings as quickly as she could. Her heart stopped when she saw a giant flat piece of stone go whirring underneath her. She realized instantly that this was the roof of the building she had been fighting in. Looking back she could see the giant enraged bear off in the distance.

 

It was clear from it standing over 50 feet tall in an awkward pose that it had thrown the ceiling of the building at her. She was fortunate to be out of the succubus' charm range, or she wouldn't have made it this far. Another rock whizzed past her, but she was finally out of the crater in the volcano. The bear and the elf were no longer going to be a threat. Now she just had to escape from the succubus. Looking over her shoulder, she saw the succubus tail moved to her thigh and pulled a long, shiny, black thing from the pouch. A similar thing dropped from the bottom of her boomstick into her waiting hand.

 

Kira placed the spent magazine in a separate pouch, as her tail slid the new magazine into the magazine well. This was the first time she ever had a face to direct her rage at. This bitch had tried to murder Rex! Her tail angrily slapped the bottom of her magazine driving it snugly into the gun as she actuated the lever on her gun. Their sights had two settings, 100 meters, and 500 meters. This all relied on the excellent eyesight of the succubi.

 

Kira was angrily grinding her teeth as she fired another round at the vampire. She was determined to chase this creature straight to hell! Every time she tried to aim the bat would start darting around erratically.

 

The vampires had officially become the number 1 enemy of the succubi, she was already planning on sending orders through Kera to have Dora rat out all of the demon's remaining spies! Why had the succubi been able to stay undercover? This was because Dora was masquerading as one of the richest and most well-connected elves in female society. Even former elven queen Ashanda had personally endorsed her beauty products. Vain people always gathered together; and at the center of all of these female get-togethers, they wanted the spicy and outspoken female elf who was acted by Dora.

 

Women in elven society were expected to behave very gracefully, and properly. Dora, as a succubus mother separated from her daughter, tolerated no bullshit from anyone. She was the person who said what these female elves all thought, but weren't supposed to say. This gave her a very unique position in society. Death by gossip, Dora would be ordered to slowly spill out the locations of all of the demon's spies, until they were all gone. This was information they had slowly collected over the years, this was because they could better hide.

 

Kira smiled widely at this idea, as she fired another round at the vampire. The vampire was faster than her and she was chasing her over the ocean. Kira was currently having to tamp down her fury, by imaging just how badly she would screw over the succubi's former allies.

 

Why did they need to worry about the beastmen or the elves? They had enough explosives stockpiled on Acid Island to destroy an armada of ships. Rex had no idea how thoroughly Kira had prepared for the upcoming wars she imagined in her head. She could see a bright future where her husband ruled the nation from the shadows, while she led their glorious armies into battle! No room anywhere for that stick of an elf.

 

These thoughts disappeared from her mind, as she aimed again and pulled the trigger. She smiled happily, as she managed to graze the vampire's small back left leg, causing it to violently rip off and go tumbling into the ocean. Kira felt encouraged as she loaded another round into the chamber using the lever. Right now her only thoughts were revolving around new ways to fight the demons.

 

Legends would be told in the future of just how dangerous a succubus' scorn could be!

 

-

 

Rex was in what was left of the abandoned succubus house. It was currently missing the roof and one of the walls. Rex was drenched in Nitric acid, some of it had even gotten into his eyes. Shockingly the only place he felt any burn was on his cut shoulder. Looking at it painfully he could see a half palm wide size of corroded flesh. Blue noticed this as well and quickly began wrapping around his wound.

 

Rex felt the burn start to recede immediately, this was followed by a tingling numbness that erased his pain. Rex sighed in relief as he shakily got to his legs, he could feel a strong draft that engulfed his entire body. The first thing Rex noticed was two thick, white, and furry legs that looked like trees. His eyes followed them slowly up, towards a giant white body, then a furry head. He took a deep, sudden breath when he saw the massive bear in front of him.

 

Rex had heard that beastmen with purer bloodlines could do this, but it was his first time seeing it. Rex suddenly thought of all of the things Welch had told him about magic and casting spells. This was the first time Rex had seen such a difference between the two worlds. He suddenly felt for the first time just how immense this world was. Fear appeared for only a second before it was replaced with curiosity.

 

Rex was human after all, if there was one thing humans were known for, it was making bigger weapons for bigger threats. The guns he had always loved were the ridiculous ones, Rex had secretly dreamed of working in manufacturing artillery on Earth. That is what had made him interested in guns in the first place, but his true love would always be giant industrial machinery with billions of moving parts.

 

Rex was interrupted from his fascination, by the booming voice of the bear as it stared at him in pity.

 

“Your fur! It gone!” The bear lamented in horror, his loud voice echoing through the entire mountaintop.

 

This thought caused Rex's brain to stop, as he realized his hair wasn't acid-resistant. His hands reached for the top of his head, and he felt a perfectly smooth expanse of skin. This caused Rex to start shaking in horror, the future scar from the acid long forgotten.

 

It'll grow back, right?!

 

Rex began hyperventilating when he started hearing laughter and catcalls. Looking around a large group of succubi had all gathered. Rex saw them all chatting back and forth animatedly as they would occasionally make joking gestures at him.

 

Rex suddenly felt a cold breeze that tickled his crotch, his balls instantly contracted in protest. Looking down, Rex suddenly realized he was naked, his clothes had dissolved in the acid. This caused him to begin hyperventilating, as he felt darkness encroach on his vision rapidly. He was completely hairless and naked in front of a large crowd of armed succubi. This was too many traumas at once, and he soon started collapsing to the ground.

 

Blue decided to help Rex out and started removing all of the bacteria and mold from the surface of his body. Blue had a very close relationship with the mold, it treated them like family. When Blue cleaned Rex, it didn't destroy any of these little creatures. This was because Blue could also speak the language of microorganisms. They could communicate massive amounts of information by transferring protein chains, all Blue did was tell the little creatures to go home and set them back under his skin.

 

Blue was very sad currently, it had lost some of its mass inside the vampire's body. Blue was unsure how it would behave, as it would no longer be controlled by the collective whole. Blue felt the first true emotion it had experienced besides endless affection for its creator. It was frustrated it was too small, it needed more mass to become more effective in combat. Blue extended out its senses and was able to sense the bacteria in the nitric acid, the bacteria also carried the mold's immunity to most solvents and acids.

 

Blue felt it should not let this potential fuel go to waste, it would begin prioritizing its growth. It would also need to begin experimenting with division, and being able to create subordinate collectives. Blue would first prioritize his creator's primary objective. It must regather all of the bacteria before it can leave his body. His creator had been carefully accumulating towards his own growth, Blue was certain of this. Otherwise, why would he try to contain such a powerful weapon?

58