V1ーExChapter 2*
3.9k 17 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is the day I have done my first mission as an esper. My father accompanies me for safety. It is an E-Rank Mision to exterminate Abyssal beasts. The beast has some resemblance to a troll monster that is breathing fire. This is supposed to be an E-rank mission; I am only thirteen years old. And worse yet, my power is the ice system!. Who handles this commission and gives this to me?.

"Well, Irana... I will only observe from here. You are on your own now."

"Father...are you sure I can do these?"

"Sure sweetie... your training with me for the last five years will be a waste of time if you can't do this." Said my father confidently.

"Well if you say so... I am off to go then."

We are currently on the city's outskirts, where the line separates the forest and the urban. A few hours ago, a dimensional crack was detected around here. The crack is a small one and is judged as E-Rank. If this troll is considered E-Rank, I could only imagine what D-Rank and beyond that look like. As I approach the troll, who is wandering around. The troll noticed my presence and began to approach me offensively. The troll has a big club in his right hand. He swings that club toward me. I stop running toward him and jump to the side to avoid the attack. But what meets me after is a breath of fire aimed at me. The troll seems to expect me to dodge his club. I quickly shield my entire body with ice to lessen the damage. But it is only barely done it. My entire clothes got burned and left me naked while fighting the troll. Thank goodness this is a rural area, so there are no people around aside from my father. My only hope now is my father didn't film this entire thing.

"Don't worry sweetie, I got change cloth for you." I heard my father cheerfully out in the distance.

That old man!!... He expected this. I need to complain to Onii-chan after this.

After that, I create an Ice spear, quickly impale the troll in the knee, and immediately retreat afterward. The troll, Although his body is big, is relatively slow. Unless I can't read the troll attack like earlier, I can't imagine losing now. Compared to father hell training, this is just a piece of cake. In the end, I manage to defeat the troll by penetrating his eye with an ice spear.

"Father... I am done."

"No, you are not... you have to kill it." Said my father.

"I already have..."

"What?... then are you alright?... after all, this is the first time you kill something this big."

"Surprisingly... I am okay."

To be honest, I am ready for a psychological blow for killing a thing. But even I didn't expect that I would be this calm about it. Is it have something to do with my previous life? After all, I committed suicide. I don't know why thou.

"Is my daughter actually psychopath..."

Hearing that, I kick my father's feet.

"Where the change cloth?... I need to get back before Onii-chan wakes up."

"Irana...Aria is a girl... call her Onee-chan."

Ah... I forgot it again... I even promised Oni... I mean, Onee-chan to stop calling her Onii-chan. I need to get rid of this habit quickly.

After wearing the changed cloth, I have swiftly gone back to the school dormitory without anyone noticing and sleep beside Oni... Onee-chan.


When I woke up... I panic quite a bit. Onee-chan is gone. She was not beside me when I woke up. But I still saw Viola standing in front of a mirror tidying her hair.

"Viola!... Where Onee-chan!!."

"Oh... Irana, you wake up. Good morning... As for Aria, she is in the bathroom taking a bath right now.

Without even giving it a second thought, I barge into the bathroom.

"ONEE-CHAN!! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP!!."

"Oh, Irana... I am just about done. I am going ou..."

Ah... you can't!!.

"Noo... stay still. I'll wash my body real quick and hop in with you Oni..nee-chan."

I need to wash real fast.

"Fine... Just be quick. Viola is waiting for us after all."

"Okay! " I cheerfully reply. 

I then quickly wash my body. And at this time, I notice something. There's some red mark here in there on my skin. It's probably because of the fight with the troll. I hope Onii-chan didn't notice it.

"Hey... Irana... I know I said to be quick. But slow down a bit... Don't be rough with your own skin!."

Oh... She notices it. But it seems she thought because I was being rough washing my skin. This misunderstanding is also good, so just pretend to be ignorant then.

"Why?... is not like it make any difference whatsoever. "

...

This chapter is parallel with chapter 5...

94