3.16 – The Raid – Downfall of Humanity
590 11 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ren Han trained intensely with his teammates daily, which excused him from office work and allowed him to patrol the city.

One day while on patrol, they heard gunshots and found a dead body. Despite the violence being a daily occurrence in their crime-ridden city, the patrolling soldiers and police gave civilians a sense of safety.

However, with the recent capture and escape of the notorious drug lord Ma Jie, deadly gunfights erupted in the town as rivaling factions fought for power.

The military was here not to stop the war, but to prevent the heavily armed drug cartels from controlling the territory, which belonged to the government.

Being locked in the prison with the highest security, his cartel was split into various rivaling factions. After Ma Jie escaped the prison, he wanted to regain his power back, resulting in deadly gunfights in the middle of the town.

Ma Jie, before becoming second, held the first spot for an incredibly long time.

Bing Shi, now holding the first spot, was viewed as someone from a developed future. People demanded she should share her knowledge, not only in technology but also in other fields. With her power, they wanted her to solve first-world problems. There were even rumors that she had a cure for cancer!

It took ten months for Bing Shi to decide to move to this dangerous city. On her first day, she wanted to acclimate first before starting to stock up on resources, but someone had to destroy her schedule. Finishing her plan sooner, she was forced to move back to that hellish place.

'I don't want to go back! (╥﹏╥)'

Being a woman and living in that part of the city, Bing Shi didn't feel secure at all. She looked down at her black armor with a sigh, put on a black Kevlar vest under her hoodie, checked the pepper spray and gun on her waist, and finally added speed, invisibility, and strength pills to a secret pocket inside her hoodie.

She packed her ballistic and gas mask, along with two submachine guns, inside her backpack, and was ready to depart to city C.

'Is it too much? Nah.'

Wary of the dangers that lurked in the city, Bing Shi decided against finding a new apartment. The relatively safe neighborhoods were all rented out, making it difficult for her to secure a place to stay.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Bing Shi stood in front of a luxurious hotel, known to be owned by Ma Jie, but advertised as a safe haven for tourists. In order to maintain a positive image, the drinks and food served in the hotel were not laced with drugs.

'My new home?'

'No, sorry.'

'My new place to sleep, is it?'

Inside the hotel room, she continued to gather information on people she was going to meet in the future. During a short break, she thought about the raid on Cheng Bai. Not able to withstand the curiosity, she was about to message her newly acquired grandson. Before she could send the message, she threw her phone on the bed and started to jump on the bed in frustration.

'Stop being lonely!'

jump

'So what if his sniping skills are the same as Xuan Mu's!?'

jump

'Stop being curious!'

jump

'Don't get attached to anybody!'

jump

'Should I play some games?'

jump

'I have no time for games!'

jump

'One...'

jump

'Two...'

jump

'Three...'

jump

Bing Shi counted to two hundred before calming down. Lying on the messy bed like a starfish, out of breath, she looked up at the ceiling.

'I'm such a monkey.'

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

APOCALYPSE COUNTDOWN:

7 days left

If you want to live, go to this website:

www.bingshi.com

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

In the quiet early hours of the morning, three moving trucks screeched to a stop on a dark and opulent street. Men dressed in black armor quickly emerged from the vehicles, surrounding a beautiful villa concealed behind thick concrete walls.

And while this soon, it was hard to see the details, each man wore a gas mask with a night vision function. One of the leading men yelled at the door, "Police, search warrant! Open the door!"

While another was struggling to open the reinforced steel door with the door blaster.

As soon as the door was opened, a flashbang was thrown inside. A tremendous boom sound affected anyone who stood on guard inside.

Moving through the door, the SWAT team started roaring and pointing their rifles at the gunmen inside. "Get on the ground! Get on the ground! Get on the ground!"

Before the gunman could point a gun at the SWAT member, he was shot dead.

Each member had his own assigned task. Ren Han continued to search for the man, due to whom the raid occurred. Kicking the master bedroom door down, he found out it was empty.

Full of adrenaline, he moved towards the attached bathroom. Arriving at the bathroom, the sight amazed him, saying, "He escaped through the secret passage under the bathroom."

He strode down the tunnel. At the bottom, there was a rail for Ma Jian's quick escape, while a generator pumped air through the ventilation system.

A week ago, there was a report by a local, who spotted a few careless gunmen around the villa. Responding to the reports, police put the house under surveillance.

It turned out to be Ma Jian's safe house. Not wanting to miss a chance, and knowing how dangerous Ma Jian was, they asked the military for assistance again.

Police surrounded the city borders, stopping any cars which wanted to pass. While inside the city, soldiers hidden in military trucks, surrounded the vicinity of the villa. The dark city was suddenly lit up by lights, shunned down by helicopters.

Ma Jian summoned his entire cartel and forty assassins to help him escape. The highly effective killing machines, which were hated by many, were strategically positioned on rooftops and buildings.

Taking down a helicopter was child's play for them. They aimed to destroy the morale of the enemy troops by targeting key military personnel, including Yi Zen.

  · · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Yi Zen led his team of twelve toward the abandoned factory, which was close to the end of the secret tunnel. Then out of nowhere, a bullet passed before him.

"A sniper!" Yi Zen warned other members. Throwing out a smoke grenade, they ran inside the factory, where about twenty hidden gang members waited for their arrival.

With automatic weapons, they fired thousands of rounds of ammunition at the same time.

Yi Zen quickly realized that they were outnumbered and outgunned. He ordered his team to take cover and return fire.

They fought fiercely, taking out several of the gang members, but more kept coming. It was a battle they couldn't win, and Yi Zen knew it.

"Retreat!" he yelled, and they started to fall back, using the smoke grenade as cover. They made their way toward the exit, but more gang members were waiting for them outside. It was a trap.

When the firing ceased, each gang member started to laugh, "That was too easy!"

23