3.17 – Kuro I Choose You – Downfall of Humanity
187 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Comprehending the situation, the bloodstained Yi Zen glanced at his dead underlings for the last time. Without remorse, they became his meat shield, voluntarily.

Bullets pierced through Yi Zen's legs, rendering him immobile. Despite the pain, he clutched onto his rifle and mentally noted the position of each of his enemies.

Just as he was about to retaliate, his attention was caught by a shadowy figure, swiftly taking out the gang members with ease. He paused his actions, curious about the identity of this mysterious savior.

The tight black suit couldn't hide her perfect curves. Fu Lian moved with the grace of a feline predator, dispatching her targets with lethal precision. As the last gang member fell, she stopped and turned her gaze toward a wounded soldier who was still alive. She first glanced at the rank insignia on his uniform, then locked eyes with him.

While their eyes were locked, in steady steps, she took out a small glass flask from her waist belt. Crouching before him, she marveled at the attractive man. Taking hold of her emotions, Fu Lian wiped down her invisible saliva. Pinching his chin, she fed him the water from the healing pond.

Yi Zen was captivated by her every move as she fed him something that made him feel instantly better. He couldn't look away from the alluring woman, her white skin flawless like a polished diamond, shining in the darkness of the night and captivating his heart.

Fu Lian noticed Yi Zen staring at her and couldn't help but blush. The faint pink hue on her cheeks only added to her beauty.

Despite Yi Zen's usual indifference towards women, this mysterious and alluring figure had stirred something inside him, "Who..." He attempted to ask her a question, but before he could finish, he drifted off into a deep sleep. The healing water worked its magic, repairing his injuries without leaving any visible scars.

While waiting for Yi Zen's rescue, Fu Lian couldn't resist admiring his features. However, when she heard the sound of approaching military men, she quickly retreated into her hiding place.

  · · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

In the factory, a small white snake slithered unseen, relaying everything it saw to its host who remained unfazed by the gruesome scene. Bing Shi had grown accustomed to Fu Lian's brutal methods of dealing with her enemies.

'SHE IS SO COOOOL!'

Bing Shi, who would usually eat popcorn during a situation like this, passed this time as it was an important first meeting between the leads.

'Hello, Fu Lian? What's with all the loving stares? Did his beauty erode your sense of smell?'

'There are dead bodies everywhere; shouldn't it smell like death?'

While lamenting in her head, she asked Kuro to zoom in on Yi Zen's face.

'What the...'

If she didn't study his face for a year, she wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Bing Shi spotted a tint of nervousness. Was it due to the injury, Fu Lian, or something else?

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Meanwhile...

The chase after Ma Jie continued. In their previous life, he was never caught.

In this life, Ren Han and his teammates returned to the police station. They swiftly set up their laptops and began the tedious process of sifting through the recordings, analyzing every bit of information, and cross-checking it with their knowledge of Ma Jie's suspected allies. After a grueling search, Ren Han was able to pinpoint Ma Jie's location.

Just like that...

While on their way to catch Ma Jie, Ren Han's teammates looked at him with admiration and respect, laughing as they said, "You're like the second coming of Bing Shi."

"I wish." Ren Han checked his phone for any new messages from his grandma. Finding there were none, he turned on the GPS, "What a cunny rat, hiding in a patrolling police car near a factory."

That awful night shook the world; mainly the City C citizens. To catch one man, many civilians, officers, and soldiers were injured or killed in the process.

At least, Ma Jie was caught.

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

APOCALYPSE COUNTDOWN:

3 days left

If you want to live, go to this website:

www.bingshi.com

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

 Bing Shi struck again, this time targeting the authorities. 

Inside the group chat room.

(Guest54): You can't do it!

(Bing Shi): You refuse to help? Fine. I'll do it myself.

Soon, everyone's devices were bombarded with a spam message that appeared every five minutes for three seconds.

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

Prepare for the war.

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

When one person stopped working, another followed. As if a switch had been flipped, all over the world, people began to succumb to group paranoia.

"What do we want? Bing Shi out! When do we want it? Now!"

The riots were violent and chaotic outbursts of desperation, aggression, and blame.

"No more lies, no more greed!"

"We won't stop until she's gone! Bing Shi, you don't belong!"

"No more lies, no more greed!"

Individuals started to invade supermarkets and weapon stores in a desperate attempt to stock up on food and water.

In their desperation, even the most mild-mannered individuals resorted to aggressive behavior, fighting each other for a mere scrap of bread.

It was like a Black Friday sale, but much more severe, with the stronger ones grabbing what they wanted, while the weaker ones ended up in hospitals.

Despite this, there were those who chose to use their strength to aid others, providing food and shelter for those in need.

Everyone needed a scapegoat, and Bing Shi became the target of blame. As a result, she was burdened with the title of "public enemy number one" and became the most despised person in the world.

Beneath the covers of her hotel room, Bing Shi lay curled up, trying to calm her racing mind. It was a hard pill to swallow, accepting the blame for all the chaos in the world.

Although she had not physically caused any harm, the weight of responsibility felt like a heavy burden on her shoulders. She had played with fate and now feared the unknown consequences that lay ahead.

'I hope their view will change when the apocalypse occurs.'

'Mm, that's what matters the most.'

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Sitting on the rooftop of a building, a man aimed his rifle through the scope, observing the scene in the main square below. Amidst the chaos, people raised peace signs and shouted out their message, hoping someone would hear them.

"We say no to hate and fear! Bing Shi, get out! You can't hide from the pain you caused, it's time to take the blame!"

"No more lies, no more greed!"

"We won't rest, we won't cease, until Bing Shi is gone from our lives!"

Suddenly, Ziek's phone vibrated in his pocket. He retrieved it and saw a message from someone who hadn't responded since the toy box incident.

(Bing Shi): Do you hate me too?

(Ren Han): I feel nothing. Is it enough?

(Bing Shi): More than enough. Did you like my gift?

(Ren Han): I loved it. Grandma, do you want to come over? I'm curious if you grew some wrinkles since the last time I met you.

(Bing Shi): Let me spare your innocent eyes of such a dreadful sight. I have a surprise for you. Meet my buddy, Kuro.

Ziek, 'Fūck.'

'Kuro, I choose you ♪♫'

Ziek saw a little white snake suddenly appear before him. His instinct was to reach for the gun on his waist and aim it at the snake. He pulled the trigger, but the snake, named Kuro, dodged the bullet and transformed into combat-ready mode. Its sharp fangs were poised to strike at Ren Han's face, but before it could, Kuro vanished into thin air.

Bing Shi started to clap in delight.

["You avoided his bullet! Good job, Kuro. Our training didn't go to naught!"]

[He is a lot better than you host. He almost got me. ]

["Huh? But I got you plenty of times."]

She tried to save her image.

[That's because you used a speed pill.]

["Hehe."]

Her system unintentionally shattered her self-esteem.

Rooted at the spot, Ziek didn't notice the goosebumps that covered his arms. Feeling nauseatic, he picked up his phone.

'Xuan Mu is scared of snakes. No, more like he holds deep hatred toward them. Ziek knew Kuro is going to appear and that he belongs to me. He didn't scream nor run away, yet he attacked Kuro. I wonder why?'

(Bing Shi): Grandson, did I scare you?

(Ren Han): Fūck you.

'Yes, continue being like that. Don't try to imitate my Xuan Mu.'

4