3.30 – Got Her Spot Occupied – Downfall of Humanity
155 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

╔════ Author's note ═════╗

( ‾́ ◡ ‾́ )

Yi Zen's and Fu Lian's relationship was inspired by some BL novels. 

╚═══════════════════╝

Yi Zen looked at the mouse he was supposed to kill, feeling pity — no, more like a lack of pity, given what he'd endured with her throughout the entire year.

Glad that he wasn't the one in Ren Han's shoes, Yi Zen motioned for Ren Han to disperse, "Bing Shi is very loyal to her boyfriend. She won't meet up with a man alone."

Both of them stood there awkwardly. Ziek felt like a humble peasant who had just been slapped by the grand lady herself. Did it look like he was desperate for some attention?

"..." With a mood that felt thoroughly crushed, Ziek made his way back to his tent.  He reckoned about how her shitty boyfriend kept appearing whenever he wanted to stir up some trouble with Bing Shi.

Drowning in a sea of secondhand embarrassment, Ziek defaulted to the only solution he could think of—avoid Bing Shi.

It didn't take long for Yi Zen to notice that messing up with Bing Shi, was a one-way ticket to an emotional circus.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

At the top of the platform, Bing Shi was looking for an empty spot. The spot she had once claimed was now occupied by none other than Fu Lian, who was invited for a date inside their base by Yi Zen. 

The seating arrangement had shifted subtly: Fu Lian was now seated beside Yi Zen, while Yi Zen found himself flanked by Ren Han.

The entrance of Fu Lian alongside General Yi Zen triggered a symphony of appreciative whistles from the men present. Her arrival was akin to the appearance of a goddess among mortals, a sight that left them awestruck.

She had a beauty that made those billboard princesses look as paper-thin as they could. Her ruthlessness was evident in the crease of her lovely brow and the down-curve of her full lips.

General Yi Zen pampered her as if she was his long-lost lover. Regrettably, his affectionate overtures were met with an icy demeanor from the ice queen.

Thus, the question echoed: Why had she even chosen to grace this gathering with her presence if she didn't like their general?

Yi Zen found himself ensnared by the frigid intensity of her unwavering gaze. His kitten, as he endearingly referred to her, exuded a subtle arrogance that commanded attention.

The soldier's jaws dropped and eyes widened, witnessing an unbelievable sight: General Yi Zen, known for his stoicism, was wearing a smile more charming than the most popular idol. Every word he exchanged with Fu Lian carried tenderness that would make one get a sugar overdose. 

In response to the prying glances cast their way, Yi Zen's demeanor turned frosty as he surveyed the crowd; clearly dissatisfied that his kitten was being peeped at.

Terrified, all eyes quickly shifted to a different figure in motion—Bing Shi. With friendly waves and gestures, they beckoned her towards an available seat, offering her a vacant spot.

[Host, you haven't exchanged a single word with the female lead yet.]

["I didn't find a good opportunity. Plus, I suspect she's not too fond of me.  Didn't she lose loads of money when she invested in the wrong stocks? Maybe she is here to take revenge. Kuro, be careful of our nuclei, don't let her steal it."]

[Yes.]

After the loot, there were 32 955 LVL one nuclei and 56 LVL two nuclei.

Leading the pack in contributions, Bing Shi reaped the lion's share, amassing an impressive bounty of 5,500x LVL one nuclei and 30x LVL two nuclei.

The second was Yi Zen and Ren Han, with 2100x LVL one nuclei and 13x LVL two nuclei each. Yi Zen's offering included his arsenal, manpower, and resources, while Ren Han devised an ingenious strategy to attract a substantial zombie horde in record time. His tactics involved efficiently utilizing ammunition and human resources.

The remainder was distributed among the soldiers who dutifully followed the orders, each earning 110x LVL one nuclei. Among their ranks was Kuro, who earned an additional 5x LVL one nuclei for his role as the mascot with the highest kill count.

Bing Shi positioned herself on the opposite side of the base, choosing a seat next to a soldier who bore the weight of a shattered family—his wife and daughter died before his eyes. 

"Wan Ke, are you prepared?" she inquired, her hands deftly arranging a rifle for Kuro.

Wan Ke, his fingers tracing the contours of a machine gun, responded with a heavy sigh, "I'll need a blindfold."  He was about to kill his brothers-in-arms—a trauma he was not yet ready to experience.

"Hm, did you ever thought of giving up?" she asked, "I'd give up in your stead."

"At times, yes," he confessed, his gaze distant. "I joined the ranks as a soldier to find purpose—to be part of something larger than myself. But now, it's all muddled. Don't misunderstand; we are not saints by any means. We are a vicious, uncouth, and rowdy bunch, especially those in front lines," he gestured toward the taciturn men who rarely exchanged words.

"You remind me of my brother, who wanted to be a soldier," she observed, catching the fractured expression on his face, "No, not Yi Zen. He was my blood-related sibling. He almost ran away from home when my business-oriented parents disagreed."

She continued, "They didn't understand. He was the eldest son, so you could imagine the havoc. I wanted to fulfill his dream, so I asked him for a reason. If he gave me a good one, I'd help him. That boy told me he wants to put his life on the line to protect his family."

Wan Ke managed a strained smile, "Did he succeed?"

Bing Shi's voice held a note of pride as she responded, "He did." A soft laugh escaped her lips as she continued, "My second brother aspired to be a veterinarian, dedicating his life to animals. You can imagine the second uproar that was caused at home. What would you do if it was your daughter?"

To divert the conversation, she redirected the focus onto him. Wan Ke embarked on a narrative of how he had encountered his wife during a mission in a foreign land, and how their precious daughter had come into their lives.

A faint smile graced his lips, momentarily conjuring the presence of his family beside him—almost as if they were there, providing companionship.

In those fleeting moments, he thought about the future that could have happened, "If my daughter ever wanted to become a soldier, I'd back her choice."

A soldier who had been eavesdropping on their exchange interjected, his voice laced with raw emotion, "If she were my daughter, I'd damn well tell her to stay miles away from war and instead focus on studying hard to prevent it."

5