3.43 – She Brought Snacks – Downfall of Humanity
155 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pure black of the night created a grand stage for the moon to shine beautifully upon the man's penetrating eyes, lighting a fire inside Fu Lian's guts. At first, she had Yi Zen for a pervert, but as time went by, he never went beyond hugging and kissing. Why was it taking him so long to make the next step?!

Yi Zen's irresistible charm slowly chipped away at the barriers Fu Lian had erected with care and effort, leaving her defenseless against his advances.

"Here," she offered, handing him a bowl of stew, her voice slightly shaky, "You must be hungry."

In a swift motion, Yi Zen's fingers curled around her hand, the one holding the dish. He drew her close into a tight embrace, worry evident in his voice, "You finally appeared." And then, his lips crashed against hers in a passionate kiss.

Caught off guard by the sudden intimacy, Fu Lian found herself momentarily rooted in place. How long had she waited for this moment? His scent, a blend of freshness and a hint of tobacco enveloped her senses, causing her to let out a soft whimper, cheeks flushing a deep shade of red. She attempted to pull away, her rationality battling against her escalating desire.

Breaking the kiss, Yi Zen chuckled, his gaze tender, "Do I smell bad?"

Fu Lian's head shook vehemently, her face pressed against his chest.

"Every time I came back from the restroom downstairs, I made sure to freshen up," he reassured her, his fingers brushing through her hair, "Why did you disappear all of a sudden?"

Other than Yi Zen's gentle presence, Fu Lian found the rest of the base's inhabitants to be incredibly bothersome. Skirting around his question, she shifted her gaze to the white snake, which had its eyes covered by its own tail. "Why is Kuro always with you?" she inquired.

"Bing Shi thinks you'll kill me in my sleep," Yi Zen explained casually, his tone light, "Let's prove her wrong." Then, with a determined look, he leaned down to capture her lips in another heated kiss.

Fu Lian, still harboring her uncertainties, turned her head away, "Spill it out, what is your relationship? You're not even blood-related."

"Jealous?" Yi Zen looked at the frozen stew in midair and placed it in her hand, saying, "She is my sister, and I'm her brother, no less no more." Lifting Fu Lian in a princess carry, he asserted, "It's time to return."

"Put me down! I'm not going back," Fu Lian protested, her voice unwavering. Feeling his grip tightening on her rear, she responded with a punch to his shoulder, "Who do you think you are?!"

"That's enough," Yi Zen said with a stern expression, gazing at her intently. Leaning in, he silenced his kitten's protests with a commanding kiss.

When he opened his eyes, he appeared in her space. "Is this an invitation?" he smirked at the fuming kitten.

Unwilling to be outdone, the fiery Fu Lian grabbed his dark locks, crashing her lips onto his with fervor.

Amidst the green grass and beneath the expansive blue sky, clothing was discarded with abandon as two naked bodies succumbed to an electrifying spell of unrestrained passion.

  · · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Kuro waited outside, its eyes covered as it coiled up, pretending to be asleep.

[Host, they are practicing devil's tango in Fu Lian's space.]

Bing Shi yawned and rubbed her tired eyes, a playful grin forming on her lips.

["They are adults, let them be."]

[Host, why didn't you intervene? What if Fu Lian gets hurt again? What if history repeats itself?]

Nestling back under the covers, Bing Shi adjusted herself for comfort.

["To finish all my tasks, I need to have both of them under my watch. There is a quest where I have to make Yi Zen feel loved, which I'm trying to accomplish as his sister. But I can't say confidently that he won't fall in love with me. The best way to prevent it is to have another woman in his life, Fu Lian. So what if their connection is based on lust? They can always learn how to love."]

["I'm preventing history. Yi Zen can't run away. I threw too many responsibilities at him. The base, the soldiers, Fu Lian, Me... let's say the whole world depends on him. That's what he gets for playing with a girl's heart, hehe."]

["As for Fu Lian... She shouldn't kill Yi Zen; her pride won't allow it because it'll only prove how right I was about her. What I'm worried about is Fu Lian's ability to attract trouble. Her relationship with Ren Han is getting dangerous."]

Bing Shi let out a sigh.

["That unruly boy is causing me quite a bit of trouble.  But at the same time, he helps me out a lot."]

[Can I go back now?]

["Not yet. We need to remind Fu Lian that my trust in her is still shaky. Wait for me; I'll come join you soon."]

Bing Shi emerged from under the covers, dressed herself, and slung her mountain backpack over her shoulder. Exiting her tent, she paused to write a message on her whiteboard. As she walked, she stopped in front of Ren Han's tent.

She knocked on his whiteboard, playfully calling out, "Hello? Anybody home? I heard there was a party."

"..." Ziek opened his eyes, his expression devoid of enthusiasm.

Bing Shi continued, undeterred, "I brought some snacks."

Ziek, obviously in a bad mood, observed his own nakedness. He put on a pair of pants before stepping to the door and addressing her, "What do you want?"

"I'm going to fetch Kuro. Do you want to join m—-" Bing Shi's voice trailed off as her gaze landed on his well-sculpted physique, particularly the scratch marks on his chest.

The sight triggered a flood of painful memories, causing her restrained emotions to overflow like a broken dam. The pain she had long suppressed surged through her, stabbing at her heart and soul.

Ziek squinted at her through her gas mask, his vision hindered, "No." With that, he closed the door. He hesitated for a moment before reopening it, "Are you crying?"

Bing Shi's eyes, already red from her tears, met Ren Han's own tired gaze, marked by dark circles beneath them. Overwhelmed, she burst into loud sobs.

"Hey, hey!"  Ziek looked around, his frustration evident, "I'll come out, so stop crying!" He rushed to put on his clothes, aware of his lack of underwear, "Get out."

Bing Shi ran out of his tent; her bitter cry woke up the whole base.

"Fūck me!" Ren Han hurriedly dressed himself, slipped on his shoes, grabbed his weapon and backpack, and dashed out of his tent in pursuit of her.

4