2.54 – A.I.M – Mr. and Mrs. Jelly
195 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

╔════ Author's note ═════╗

Edited by Dymens

╚═══════════════════╝

7:00 PM.

Currently, A.I.M was working on a few important projects. To meet the due deadline, Bing Shi had to work overtime together with her employees, but she liked to call them colleagues.

'~You are so stupid.'

'~ You are not good enough.'

'~ You are nothing compared to Xuan Mu.'

'~ You need to be equal with him.'

'Be quiet, you monkey.'

Bing Shi was reviewing a blueprint of their oldest mall and was feeling frustrated. Although the civil engineer had improved upon the architect's design, she was still worried about whether the supporting structure she had designed would be able to withstand the addition of two more floors. 

Although the computer's calculations indicated that it would, she knew she couldn't rely solely on the computer's results.

Wouldn't it be just easier to tear it all down and build a whole new building?! Yep, easier maybe, but not more cost-effective!

While she was thinking of calling a more experienced structural engineer for help, she received a phone call from Xuan Mu.

"Bing Shi, I'm in front of your company," Xuan Mu said, gripping the steering wheel tightly as he felt the power of the machine at his fingertips.

"Oh, you didn't have to. I could go home by myself. I still have some unfinished work," Bing Shi gazed out of the window as the engine of his car roared to life. The sound of the revving accelerator echoed down the street, announcing his arrival, "..."

Xuan Mu furrowed his brows in disappointment, his lips forming a pout, "Bing Shi, you forgot we have a date today?" Despite his frustration, his eyes still held a hint of playfulness, showcasing their affection for Bing Shi.

"Oh no, I completely forgot!" Bing Shi jumped up from her seat in a rush. She swiftly said goodbye to her colleagues and rushed out of the office, sprinting towards the sleek black car parked outside.

"Wow, what a life she has, being the boss and all. She can just up and leave work whenever she wants," said a male architect enviously.

"And she's with Guan Lin's son too, she's become quite the talk of the town," added his female colleague, a fellow civil engineer.

"Who wouldn't want to be with Guan Lin's son? I'm so jealous," another architect gushed in, a dreamy expression on her face.

"I was shocked when I found out about her connections. Never would have thought our boss had such a powerful backing," a male helper chimed in, impressed. "Such an easy life. I would do anything to be born into wealth. Why even bother working?" he asked.

"I don't think so. Can you imagine the pressure Bing Shi must have felt growing up, knowing she was expected to take over her family's multimillion-dollar company? I couldn't handle that," another female offered a different perspective.

"But doesn't she have two brothers? Why give everything to a daughter?" asked the helper.

"As far as I know, Bing Shi is the only one interested in taking over the company. Her brothers both have different career paths," she explained.

"Probably wants to prove herself," one of them speculated. They continued their discussions while carefully resuming their work.

· · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Bing Shi had just settled into the luxurious leather seat when he leaned over and captured her lips in a tender kiss. 

"Until when were you going to work?" his lips traced down towards her neck, nibbling and kissing her softly, "Your time management is so bad."

"I'm sorry," Bing Shi apologized with a remorseful smile, "Nobody can reach the level of your time management. I wonder if there's anything I excel at more than you."

"Stressed from work?" He soothed her with gentle kisses on her neck, "Then just focus on being my partner, please," he chuckled, "You don't have to push yourself to learn martial arts or car racing."

"I'm not pushing myself. I'm no longer interested in car racing or fighting. It's no fun when you are being held back because of me," Bing Shi said with a hint of disappointment before breaking into a grin. "Being your biggest cheerleader became much more enjoyable for me."

Seeing no reaction to his kisses, he let go of her neck and pecked her lips, "Do you want to try shooting range today?" he suggested.

"Xuan Mu, our dating places are so strange," Bing Shi laughed and reciprocated with a kiss on his neck.  "Well, everything is better than a boring walk in the park." She grinned, "I'll beat you in the shooting."

Xuan Mu chuckled and revved up the engine, "Not happening. I like it when you cry a little in frustration."

"You little sadist." Bing Shi mock-grimaced, "You get enjoyment out of watching me make a fool of myself, don't you?"

"Yeah, your instincts are always a source of my amusement" Like a chicken, she would run away before a fist could reach her. Xuan Mu chuckled as he reminisced, "Aren't you going to retort? How about you seduce me and then deliver your ultimate kick at me? Mm... That would be an act of sweet revenge."

"I'm going to do...nothing," Bing Shi simply shrugged, "Wake me up when we arrive." She secured her seatbelt and settled back in her seat, quickly falling asleep.

"..." Xuan Mu's face cracked as he pinched her tight, "Who is a sadist, huh?"

"Meeee," Bing Shi said in her sleepy voice, catching his hand, she interlocked their fingers.

Xuan Mu gripped her hand and smiled at the road before him, "Bing Shi, why can't you see your power, hm?"

"I see none. There is only a stupid girl pretending to be more than she is," she said with her eyes closed, "But she is super pretty with makeup. So it's a win, I suppose."

Her opinion of herself pained his heart, "Bing Shi, you need to vent your stress, somewhere."

"I tried meditating, but there are monkeys in my brain."

"...." Xuan Mu laughed helplessly, "Why don't you try pole dancing?" He suggested, "It should give you strength and confidence."

In astonishment, Bing Shi's eyes shot open to the absurdity that left her man's mouth. "It doesn't suit my image," she frowned.

He raised an eyebrow, "Do you have an image before me?"

"I don't," she grinned, "Was this your scheme? To have an exclusive pole dancer?"

He let go of her hand and caressed her hair, "Not at all. I just thought about a nightclub. The only interesting thing was those women dancing around the pole like acrobats." Touching the earbud in his ear, he called his people, "Let's go visit the best pole dancer instead of the shooting range."

"Suuuuure," Bing Shi checked the videos on the internet with bright eyes, "So beautiful!" She grinned happily to herself, "So badass." With a gleeful smile, she looked at the smiling Xuan Mu, "Learn with me."

"Sure," Xuan Mu laughed, making sure her gleeful smile would disappear soon.

6