2.58 – Their Dates – Mr. and Mrs. Jelly
200 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

— Bing Shi's and Xuan Mu's Friday date:

Bing Shi and Xuan Mu's Friday date was at an indoor shooting range. As they arrived, Bing Shi couldn't help but ask the instructor about Xuan Mu's skills, "Mr. instructor, tell me, is Xuan Mu good at shooting?"

"More than good," the instructor replied with a nod. He showed Bing Shi how to load the magazine and hold the gun, then handed it to her for her to try.

"Oh," Bing Shi held the small gun with the utmost care, "It's heavier than it looks."

Xuan Mu struggled to contain his laughter, putting protective earphones on her ears, "...Pfft..."

She followed the instructor's instructions and pointed the gun at the target, shooting a few times. To the instructor's surprise, every shot landed around 8-10 on the target.

"I've held an air gun before," Bing Shi explained, "I'm quite good with static targets. Moving targets are a different story, I can barely hit them," she said sadly, turning her head towards Xuan Mu who kept laughing at her, "Xuan Mu! Why are you laughing the whole time I was shooting?!"

"B-Because..." he laughed even louder, "Your p-parents...showed me the picture of a tiny Bing Shi holding a gun, longer than herself."

"Oh, that explains it," Bing Shi grinned. Her school had lots of after-school activities, and shooting was among the first ones she tried out and gave up on.

Xuan Mu gave her a matching grin and displayed his shooting skills.

The instructor standing beside her let out a sigh, "Young lady, you are good, but he is a genius. Especially his sniping skills at moving targets, they are godlike."

"..." Bing Shi raised her hands in defeat.

— Bing Shi's and Xuan Mu's Friday date:

Bing Shi and Xuan Mu had just finished a horse riding lesson and were on their way home. The night was dark, with only the stars and the headlights of the car lighting their way. 

"Xuan Mu, you were so bad at it!" Bing Shi giggled uncontrollably.

"Well, you were even worse. Screaming and shrieking the whole time," Xuan Mu chuckled along with her.

"Whatever, the fact remains that you were terrible. Haha!"

All their dates were during the night. With money, everything was open 24/7.

"Xuan Mu, do you remember how to play a musical instrument?" she asked.

"No," Xuan Mu replied, resting his right hand on her thigh while keeping the other on the steering wheel.

"Are you planning on learning?" Bing Shi glanced down at her leg.

"No."

"My goodness, finally something I'm better at!" Bing Shi exclaimed.

"I thought you had stopped," Xuan Mu turned his hand over.

Bing Shi placed her hand in his, "I haven't played the piano in a while, but I still play the kalimba every now and then when you're not around."

Xuan Mu interlocked their fingers with a mischievous grin, "Good girl. Keep it that way; I don't want my ears to bleed."

"You're underestimating my skills again?" 

"Of course not. I just don't want to overestimate them."

"..."

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

'Be calm.'

"Bing Shi. Don't worry; even if my ears bled to death, I won't love you less."

"Xuan Mu. Don't worry, even if you taunt me to death, I won't love you less."

"Dear God, What do I do? I think I turned my girlfriend into a masochist."

.

.

.

.

.

(ノ`Д')ノ彡┻━┻

Despite their playful teasing, they held hands throughout the entire drive. Thanks to her boyfriend, Bing Shi was able to stay calm and composed in any situation; nothing could shake her.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

A year later...

Time: 7:30 AM

Bing Shi, dressed in an oversized black t-shirt, roamed around her vast walk-in closet searching for the perfect dress. A quarter of the closet was filled with black clothes, half of which belonged to Xuan Mu.

"Xuan Mu, do I need a new dress for this party?" she queried.

"Obviously. You don't," he replied without hesitation. Without thinking, he grabbed the first item he laid his hands on and put it on, then asked, "Or...should I prepare my wallet?"

One should never attempt to surprise Bing Shi with gifts without consulting them with her first. People would try to impress her with expensive presents, but she would merely accept them with a smile before sending them to an auction house for charity the following day. 

However, this approach worked perfectly for Xuan Mu. 

Note. N.56 - Ask her if she wants it and if she says yes, pay for it. Easy.

Bing Shi clapped her hands excitedly, "True. I don't. Does Mia need a new outfit?"

"How would I know?" Xuan Mu attempted to escape, but Bing Shi stopped him with her next words.

"Xuan Mu, get your wallet ready for a walk. We're going shopping for Mia's dress. Your assistant needs to look pretty too. I mean, she's already pretty, but a little extra won't hurt..."

Xuan Mu approached her, trying to convince her, "Why don't you just watch your fashion shows and order what you want? You never shop outside." He raised an eyebrow in question.

"Change of environment is good for our health. But if you don't want to, I'll gladly go with Mia alone."

"Am I not good enough?" he asked, his voice tinged with a hint of desperation as if he was searching for reassurance. 

Bing Shi poked his stomach, "It's not like that. What if I get tired of you if I don't have contact with other people?"

"What kind of logic is that?" Xuan Mu frowned, unable to understand her reasoning. The thought of Bing Shi getting tired of him was overwhelming; the pain would be unbearable. "Are you going to get tired of me?" he asked. The doubt in his voice reflected the fear that he may not be enough for her.

She poked his waist with both hands, "No, but what if you get tired of me? We need to prevent that. Maybe that's why some couples cheat on each other."

Seeing his silence, she picked him up by the waistband of his pants, "Ugh, you're heavy," she put him down, then lifted him up and down again, "Xuan Mu, it happens. It's called cabin fever."

6