2.61 – Talking Wallet – Mr. and Mrs. Jelly
307 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mia followed Bing Shi's lead as they entered the boutique, stealing a glance at the man holding the cute purse with amusement. He looked hilarious. Inside, she surveyed the empty space and was greeted by a few shop assistants. "Did he close the shop for us? I see no customers," she asked, returning their polite greetings.

Bing Shi nodded. "Yes, I told him which boutiques I wanted to visit. Choose whatever you like; the budget is unlimited." She held the garments up to examine them, checking the fabric and the stitching with a discerning eye. Her movements were purposeful and efficient, quickly sorting through the clothing and moving to the next rack.

"..." Mia looked at the prices of the exclusive pieces; her eyes almost fell from her sockets. She didn't understand the mentality of the wealthy. Though she could afford the items, she couldn't bring herself to be a spendthrift.  Mia watched in awe as Bing Shi navigated the boutique with poise and grace.

Despite the endless options available to her, Bing Shi remained focused and undeterred, carefully selecting items that met her high standards. "Don't be shy. Pamper yourself while you have a chance," she said as she showed Mia a beautiful cocktail dress, "Mia, try this."

Mia hesitated for a moment but then decided to indulge herself. She tried on the dress, and it fit her like a glove. She felt like a million dollars while in it.

Bing Shi smiled, approving of the choice. "It looks great on you. Let's get it," she said, handing the dress to one of the shop assistants.

Mia was used to projecting an air of confidence around other people, but around Bing Shi, she found herself feeling unexpectedly shy. Though she couldn't explain it, there was something about Bing Shi's demeanor that made her feel exposed and vulnerable, "How do you manage to work with others? Even with a PA like me, he acts like it's the end of the world. Don't you find it suffocating to live like that?"

"It's not suffocating for me," Bing Shi replied, "He is intentionally behaving like that around you. About others..." She took out her black bracelet and showed it to Mia, "He put a recording and a tracking system in here." She smiled, "Why are you looking at me like that? Everything is automated. He doesn't have time to check on me 24/7, but sometimes it feels like I'm the president of the country."

"He can hear what we are saying?" Mia still couldn't shake off the feeling of unease, but she could see that Bing Shi was genuinely happy with the arrangement. 

"He can if I do this," Bing Shi deftly unclasped a bead from her bracelet, revealing a small gap where the bead had been, activating the microphone, "There'll be lots of influential men at that party. This bracelet will be connected to his earbuds at all times." Sensing Mia's discomfort, she lowered her voice, "Enough about us. Let's focus back on you."

Mia tried to shake off her unease and agreed to continue browsing the racks with more enthusiasm. She couldn't help feeling as if she had stumbled upon something she wasn't supposed to know. 

After a moment, Bing Shi plucked out a dress and held it up for Mia to see. "This would look great on you," She held the dress up to Mia's figure, nodding in approval, "What do you think?"

Despite her reservations, Mia no longer tried to resist the allure of the soft fabrics and delicate lace that surrounded them, "It's beautiful."

Bing Shi grinned at Mia, "Do you know why he agreed for you to be friends with me?"

"So all men's eyes would be on me instead of you," Mia answered with a knowing smile. She wondered what other secrets lay beneath the surface of Bing Shi's glamorous life, and whether she was truly happy or merely putting on a show.

"You know him so well," Bing Shi said, still smiling. She continued to choose a few dresses for Mia and led her toward the changing cabins. 

As they approached the changing cabins, a cute scene unfolded before them: Xuan Mu was sleeping in an armchair like a desolate king, his head tilted back, and his arms stretched out. He was holding onto Bing Shi's little purse as if it was the last memento from his late Queen.

Mia leaned over Bing Shi, "He is so cute," she whispered, trying not to wake Xuan Mu from his slumber, "Looks like he's making himself at home." 

Bing Shi grinned at Mia, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Yeah...he's asking for attention. He's jealous of you," she teased.

"He looks so pitiful," Mia said, feeling a pang of sympathy for Xuan Mu's lonely figure.

Bing Shi considered Mia's words. "What should I do?" she asked.

Mia contemplated for a while, "Why don't you try on a revealing dress to get his attention?"

Bing Shi shook her head. "I'm not that bold," she admitted. "I feel naked even when my collarbone is showing."

"Aren't you curious what his reaction would be?" Mia asked, unable to resist the temptation to tease her.

Bing Shi giggled. "I can imagine it without trying it," she said. "Besides, he's seen me in all sorts of outfits. I don't think a revealing dress would faze him."

Mia chuckled, "I can too," she said. "I'm going to try on the dresses." She rushed into the changing room, leaving some alone time for them.

Not seeing anyone around, Bing Shi approached Xuan Mu, who was dozing off in the armchair. "How do you feel?" she asked softly, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Xuan Mu stirred and looked up at Bing Shi, his expression filled with longing. He took her hand in his and pulled her onto his lap, holding her tightly.

Bing Shi could feel his heart racing against her chest as he kissed her passionately.

After a few seconds, Xuan Mu pulled away, his breathing ragged, "Better." He didn't show it on the outside, but he was in a foul mood this whole time.

 

6