3.66 – What A Shame – Downfall of Humanity
173 7 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ziek burst into laughter, a genuine mirth dancing in his eyes. "And what about me?"

Bing Shi's lips formed a thoughtful pout, "My grandson deserves only the best."

With a chuckle, Ziek rose from his seat. "You're absolutely right. I want the Ice Queen of this base." Exiting the tent, his laughter faded, replaced by a pensive expression. 'But I don't want the best. I only want my own Bing Shi.'

Everyone would think that Ziek meant Fu Lian. But in his eyes, it was someone else. If Bing Shi heard his thoughts, she would be surprised. Only Xuan Mu saw her as Ice Queen.

Upon Ziek's return from his travels, he would always see his Queen looking from above, overseeing the realm below to ensure unity among the people. How could a world that was at the brim of extinction changed into a realm of tranquility?

Was this her mission? She attributed her success to Kuro and others, believing she was nothing without them—an ironic twist that amused Ziek.

This untouchable iceberg seemed small and harmless above the water due to her kind nature of the Queen. But everyone knew that most of the iceberg was hidden below the water. And the danger extended far beyond what could be seen above.

'Enough,' Ziek chastised himself. 'Stop tormenting me with her heartbreaking beauty.' 

To get rid of the amassed steam, Ziek flew towards the nearest city filled with zombies. Wherever he passed, nothing could escape his fire. Mirroring the inferno within his veins, he executed every undead on his way.

Black smoke billowed into the heated air, sending its distinctive aroma over the area. Dust, was all that remained of the rotten bodies. The wind whistled through the ashes, and the odor of smoke filled his mouth, nostrils, and lungs — as if his own suffering wasn't punishing enough.

How to unlove a person? Find new love? But what if he didn't want to love anymore?

Ziek contemplated, his thoughts bitter. 'Fuck it. If I can't love her, I'm gonna hate her.'

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

"Ehm..." Bing Shi rose from her seat, "How about you two get to know each other?" She darted toward the exit, but her escape was halted by a towering ice pillar that materialized before her, "Nooo, open the door," she hopped in place, urgency in her voice. "I really need to use the bathroom!"

"Enough playing around," Yi Zen's commanding voice cut through the air, the tone cold and unyielding, "I don't want her anywhere near this base."

"Toileeeeeeeet!"

"Toileeeeeeeet!"

"Toileeeeeeeet!"

Yi Zen inhaled deeply, his tone relenting. "You have five minutes." The ice pillar dissolved at his command.

"Did I hear fifteen?" Bing Shi's playful demeanor returned as she dashed away. "I'm pretty sure I heard fifteen."

["Kuro, do we have any popcorn left?"]

[Crunch...Yes....Crunch.]

Kuro's response came with a mouthful of chocolate-stained popcorn. Having been a steadfast observer throughout the spectacle, it hadn't forgotten to set aside some popcorn for its Host.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Yi Zen shifted his gaze to Fu Qin, the faint smile that had adorned his face vanished. "Gather your belongings and leave," his tone was icy, void of any warmth.

Panic seized Fu Qin. Tear-streaked cheeks and a desperate expression, she began to beg the cold-hearted man. Crawling toward Yi Zen, she clung to his leg, her voice trembling with desperation.

"Please, don't make me leave. Just give me a chance," she implored, her grip on his leg tightening. "I'll change for you, I'll do whatever you ask. I love you. I love you more than anything."

Yi Zen regarded the forlorn woman with repulsion. He delivered a swift kick to Fu Qin's abdomen, propelling her away once more. "You know nothing about me," his words dripped with disdain. "How can you utter those words so easily?"

Fu Qin coughed out a mouthful of blood. Not at all caring that her dream man just kicked her, she crawled back towards Yi Zen, "I love everything about you, so please, give me a chance." She would do anything for him to leave Fu Lian.

Meanwhile, Bing Shi, who had been eavesdropping nearby, clenched her fists in frustration, stopping herself from saving Fu Qin again. 

'Girl, this is not how you seduce a man!囧'

Fu Qin was the worst teammate Bing Shi could ask for.

Listening to the sounds of Fu Qin being relentlessly kicked away, Bing Shi rushed to the kitchen, summoning Ban one more time.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

The sight that met Ban's eyes perplexed him—the person he had just healed was now in a worse state than before. He cast a glance at his seemingly merciless general, healing and tending to Fu Qin before leaving hastily.

Bing Shi looked at the ruthless Yi Zen in dread. She thought that if she gave Fu Qin a chance to get closer to Yi Zen, she would finish her chain quest. Her plan ended in a disaster. Why did nobody want to cooperate with her?!

"I want her gone by today," Yi Zen ordered Bing Shi and left the infirmary.

Approaching the bed where Fu Qin lay, Bing Shi muttered, "Girl, it seems like the entire world is against you."

'Do jelly girls never learn from their mistakes?'

Bing Shi hesitated momentarily. As she created a barrier around Fu Qin, her reluctance swiftly faded.

Fu Qin's eyes flicked open, and a sinister grin curled at the edge of her lips. "If I can't have Yi Zen, no one will." Her fixation on Yi Zen defied comprehension, her obsession driving her to seek the ultimate destruction of the person Yi Zen held dear.

A shiver crept up Bing Shi's spine. "Let's assume that I'm the person Yi Zen treasures most. Would you still be willing to end my life?"

Fu Qin shifted her gaze toward Bing Shi, a tinge of jealousy in her eyes. "He does treasure you, doesn't he?" The ground beneath them quivered as ten thick tendrils erupted, coiling around Bing Shi, ensnaring her and preventing her escape. "I've lost everything anyway."

As the tendrils gripped her, Bing Shi seized the opportunity to glean information, "Girl, did you forget about your father? I can send Kuro to eliminate him."

The thorns around Bing Shi slowly disappeared, leaving behind the aftermath of their assault—a series of holes in her clothes. The fabric had been marred, torn apart by the sharp points of the thorns. However, despite the damage inflicted upon her clothing, her skin remained untarnished and pristine, untouched by the assault that had targeted her. 

'Hm...Interesting...'

'It appears her father is her Achilles' heel.'

'But it's too late.'

Brushing the dust off her attire, Bing Shi quipped, "An assassination attempt is a grave offense. You're going to receive the punishment as other criminals. How can you be so...Ugh. You are a shame to all women on earth. Seriously."

8