3.57 – Help Him Dislike Her – Downfall of Humanity
515 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, Ziek stole a fleeting glance at his crush. He opened his mouth, intending to speak, but his mind seemed to have gone blank. Weren't things fine just a moment ago? Why was he feeling so nervous all over again?

Sensing that Yi Zen was still breathing, Bing Shi shifted her attention to Ziek. "Does this mean I'm not alone with a man anymore?" she burst into laughter. "Oh my, what a move, almost god-like."

"..." Rendered speechless, Ziek stared at Bing Shi with a goofy grin on his face. Someone, please, make him disappear.

Bing Shi let out a sigh, easily interpreting the emotions written across his face. She approached Ziek and asked, "Do you want to break free from your feelings for me? I can help you dislike me."

"I don't need your pity," Ziek stared back at her, his gaze unwavering. "I just want to enjoy myself." He used his telekinesis to move Yi Zen away from them, placing him at a considerable distance.

Bing Shi erected a barrier around them, creating a black bubble that obscured them from Fu Lian's view, "Listen, boy, don't mistake me for some innocent girl. I'm far from pure. I've had loads of dirty sex with him. So why don't you find a nice girl and give up on me?"

Ziek clenched his jaw, his frustration evident. "Shut up. I didn't come here to hear all that bullshit. Dislike you? I fūcking tried for half a year!"

"Despite knowing all of that, you still have feelings for me?" Bing Shi asked with a sense of desperation. "There's no future between us. Why hold onto this so stubbornly?"

"What future?!" Ziek's retort was vehement, refusing to heed her words that felt like a crushing weight on his heart. "Your fucking boyfriend is dead! And that stupid shark of his is probably dead too!"

Bing Shi's body quivered at his words, her voice trembling, "What did you say?! What shark?! Do you remember something?!"

"Fūck you!" Ziek erupted, anger boiling over, "You fūcked up everything—" His words were cut off as he felt her soft hand covering his lips. His head spun as he caught a whiff of apple cinnamon fragrance, his heart racing.

"Did I ever mention a shark? Did you see it in any of my photos? If you did, nod your head," Bing Shi's words calmed him, her eyes locked onto his.

Ziek glared unmovingly at her and started to lick her shaking hand in provocation.

Bing Shi held the displeasure in, and put more pressure on her hand, "Do you know what it's called?"

Ziek's lips curled up as he started to kiss her hand, sucking on it playfully. He didn't want to disappear; he'd make sure to engrave himself inside her mind, "Sharkie."

"..." Bing Shi yanked her hand away, taking out a wet wipe, she cleaned her hand thoroughly. The happy feeling overshadowed the initial disgust. How could she not? There was another proof that this soul was Xuan Mu's.

"You are so sick, just like him," she chuckled, the fond memory of their first kiss momentarily softening her expression. "Is my hand that tasty?"

"Fucking delicious," Ziek licked off the remaining taste of his lips. He never knew that he had a thing for older women. His thoughts drifted back to her touch, sending a rush of excitement through his body. Easy there, little buddy. "Are you going to burn your hand now?" he teased.

"Perhaps," Bing Shi responded, pulling out yet another wet wipe. "Tell me, what else do you remember?" Her tone was a mix of anticipation and desperation.

"I don't think he was head over heels for you," Ziek reclined in his chair, relieved that she was still treating him as Ziek Leoners. "I never saw you in his life. Except for his work, there was only an empty house with a shark."

"It's my fault. I wasn't the best girlfriend," Bing Shi's eyes glistened with guilt. "It had to be during my university days."

"...Bing Sh-..."

"Grandma," Bing Shi corrected him.

"Why?!?" Ziek banged on the barrier around him in frustration. "I'm almost eighteen!"

"Grandson, in my eyes, you're still underage," Bing Shi wiped her hand again, chuckling at his disgruntled expression even as tears escaped her eyes.

Ziek looked at her hand, now red from all the wiping. "I don't want him to take over me," he admitted, a hint of fear in his voice.

"Then don't let him," Bing Shi replied with a sad smile.

"Don't you want him back?" Ziek's heart ached, his emotions in turmoil, "You care about him, not me."

"Yes," Bing Shi acknowledged with a gentle smile. "But thanks to you, I know he's alright. That's enough."

She pointed to his chest. "I'll consider it as if he's asleep inside you." Sniffing back her tears, she added, "Oh, don't cry, you'll make me cry too." Dusting off her pants, she quipped, "Before I turn into a mess, let's head back to the base."

"You're not a mess, you're pretty," Ziek stood up, rubbing his reddened eyes. Picking up Yi Zen, they made their way back.

"I bet you thought I was ugly when you first saw me," Bing Shi teased.

"I didn't," Ziek fibbed, "But with and without makeup, you're like two different people."

"Exactly," Bing Shi grinned triumphantly. "One time, my mom asked if I wanted plastic surgery as a birthday gift. You should've seen my boyfriend's reaction. He lost it. I never thought of myself as ugly, so her offer surprised me. It made me a bit insecure, honestly."

"What?!? It wasn't that bad for you to get surgery," Ziek flared up, his annoyance was evident.

"Maybe for you. My mother said I'd become prettier with a small procedure like making my eyes bigger and my nose higher. Something about it being the same as getting my teeth straightened with braces—of course, I declined. I'm scared of pain. Besides, when I saw how puffy my mother became after the procedure, it traumatized me for life."

Bing Shi explained, shaking off the uncomfortable memories. "Eventually, I got used to her new appearance. To tell the truth, she did become prettier."

"What did your dad think? He didn't oppose it?"

"He supported my mom's decision for surgery and let me make my own choice. But I could tell he wasn't thrilled about the idea," Bing Shi revealed with a chuckle. "After all, I strongly resemble him, especially when I was chubby. I was practically his mini-me."

"You were chubby?" Ziek couldn't imagine it at all. Now he was intrigued. "Show me.

"Say please."

"Please," answered Ziek instantly.

"Good boy," Bing Shi took out her phone and showed him a picture when she was twelve, "Here."

6