2.79 – You Dare To Run Away? – Mr. and Mrs. Jelly
613 10 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xuan Mu had ten engagement rings to choose from, but the daunting task of selecting the perfect one to propose with loomed over him.  The biggest problem was, Bing Shi knew nothing about it. If he chose a wrong design, it would be the end of him.

Feeling desolate, Xuan Mu held a small ring with a large square diamond and turned to the manager. "I've never seen her wear a ring before, so I have no idea what kind of design she would like. What kind of ring would a woman who never wore any rings prefer to wear?" he asked, his tired eyes blinking at the sales associate for help, "She also likes to clean her hands a lot."

The manager's eyes widened as he looked at Xuan Mu in surprise. He couldn't believe that his client splurged to buy ten rings for a woman who never wore rings. Trying to reassure Xuan Mu, the manager said, "I don't think you should worry, Mr. Xuan Mu. Every woman likes diamonds." He revealed the box with a ring, one of the priciest, "A pink diamond 23.9-carat of luxury and elegance. During the auction, it reached an astronomical twelve million."

Xuan Mu's eyes narrowed as he looked at the massive diamond that was the size of a coin. "I didn't ask for the most expensive ring. Do you want my girlfriend to break up with me?" he spoke with a deep frown, his anxiety growing by the second. He was clearly not pleased with the sales associate's suggestion and was worried that the extravagant ring might not be to Bing Shi's liking.

"She is a little bit different," Xuan Mu pinched his thumb and pointer together, showing the manager how 'little bit' he meant. "I can imagine her reaction; she would run away, roaring with her silent voice how she doesn't want to wear an expensive chunky piece of rock on her beautiful finger, without considering that her boyfriend just proposed to her."

Xuan Mu's words seemed to have rattled the manager, who quickly shifted gears and chose a more intricate design for the engagement ring. He showed Xuan Mu a ring with a small, dark blue alexandrite stone set in a delicate platinum gold band. "This rare gemstone is perfect for someone who wants something unique and understated. The color is truly one-of-a-kind, and the round shape gives it a timeless elegance."

Xuan Mu delicately picked up the ring, feeling the weight of the cool metal as it slid onto his finger. The platinum gold band was smooth against his skin, and he admired the deep blue alexandrite gemstone that sat atop it. In the light, the color shifted from a deep black to a soft blue, like the ebb and flow of the ocean's tides.

As he turned the ring in his hand, he was transported back to the moment when he and Bing Shi exchanged roses. Each rose held a different meaning, and Xuan Mu couldn't help but draw a comparison to the ring in his hand. 

"This one."

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Xuan Mu, with the ring safely stored in his chest pocket, donned his coat and stepped out of the jewelry shop, the winter wind cutting into his face. As he walked down the street, he pulled out his phone and tapped the shortcut to call Bing Shi. "Bing Shi?"

"Xuan Mu, I'm fine. Nothing happened to me. I'm all pretty and healthy. There is a whole army accompanying me," said Bing Shi, sitting at the office of the head professor, "Come to the Main hospital."

"What did I say about leaving home!?" The fire inside of him ignited, Xuan Mu raised his voice hysterically, "Don't move from your spot! I leave for a moment, and you run away?!"

"Nobody ran away," Bing Shi heard the sound of a car in the background and realized that he was in a moving vehicle. "Oh, my goodness. Are you driving?!" she exclaimed, her voice rising with panic. "Seriously in your state?! Immediately call a chauffeur!!" 

Xuan Mu hanged upon her.

Bing Shi paced the room like a caged tiger, her heart beating like a drum.

'Is he crazy? He didn't sleep for weeks!!'

As Xuan Mu appeared before her, Bing Shi felt like she could finally take a deep breath. The tension in her body eased and her shoulders relaxed. "I was worried to death!"

"At least you know how I feel every second!" Xuan Mu growled with fury, "And don't forget to multiply it by a hundred for my side!"

Bing Shi's anger was palpable as she raised her hand towards Xuan Mu's face, but she stopped herself just short of slapping him. 

"Go ahead, slap me; didn't you want to do it a few times already?" Xuan Mu smirked at her. In provocation, he turned his cheek towards her hand.

Bing Shi clutched her hand into a fist and placed it against his cheek. "A slap? You deserve a punch." She drilled her fist against his cheek with gritted teeth. "So what if your worry is bigger? Does it mean my worry should be ignored?"

Xuan Mu's eyes were filled with guilt and regret as he said, "I'm sorry." He tried to take the blow as she raised her fist, but Bing Shi pulled away, refusing to hit him. Instead, she grabbed his wrist and led him to the conference room. From psychologists to surgeons, Bing Shi called them all.

Seating Xuan Mu on a chair, Bing Shi gestured for him to stay still while she walked over to the conference room. He looked around in confusion, his mind racing with questions.

One by one, she called in doctors from different fields - psychologists, psychiatrists, neurologists, and even surgeons - to hear her out. Xuan Mu watched as they filtered in, each taking a seat around the large table.

As Bing Shi began to describe their problems in detail, the doctors listened intently, jotting down notes as she spoke. She started with Xuan Mu's nightmares, then moved on to his behavior, mood changes, panic attacks, and finally, his abnormal paranoia and insomnia. The room was silent except for the sound of pen scratching paper.

"Xuan Mu, go with the doctors, they'll scan your body," urged Bing Shi. She didn't call them to diagnose him but to heal him.

"I hate doctors," Xuan Mu stubbornly refused.

"I know, be good. I'll go with you," Bing Shi's gentle touch and reassuring words helped ease Xuan Mu's reluctance to go with the doctors. With her support, he slowly stood up and let her guide him towards the medical professionals.

Doctors having a hint, took them to have a PET scan immediately, to have a closer look at his brain.

27