3.18 – Daisy – Downfall of Humanity
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

APOCALYPSE COUNTDOWN:

2 days left

If you want to live, go to this website:

www.bingshi.com

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

Before the Sun could rise, the nervous Bing Shi was sitting inside an old truck. Rolling down the car window, she held onto a little daisy, found at the side of the road. Taking off her gloves, she started to pluck all the poor white petals.

'Should I meet him?'

'Or should I not?'

'Yes...'

'No...'

'Yes...'

'No...'

One petal after another flew out of the window, harmoniously.

Holding onto the last petal, the answer was "No".

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

° Start of flashback…

° Xuan Mu lay inside the hospital room, looking at Sharkie with a detached expression. Suddenly, he heard the familiar sound of footsteps approaching the door and quickly turned his gaze towards it.

° Xuan Mu's gaze shifted back to Sharkie after briefly admiring the beauty of the woman in front of him. He hid his emotions and asked in a sharp tone, "What are you doing here?" 

° Bing Shi sat down next to the bed, a box in her hand, she smiled brightly. "I missed Sharkie," she said, used to his mood swings. "I tried to bake a lemon cake. You get the honor of tasting my fifth attempt."

° Xuan Mu gave the box in her hand a brief glance, before looking away.

° Inside the box, there was a simple golden cake. At the bottom of the cake, a piece of lemon was elegantly placed in between the chocolate pieces.

° Bing Shi laid the cake on a plate carefully. Taking out a candle from a box, she positioned it in the middle of the cake and lit it up with a lighter. The flickering flame danced in the air, casting shadows on the walls. 

° Bing Shi placed the cake on a table for patients, sitting at a corner of the bed; she clapped her hand in excitement. "We have to celebrate this special day, because you are twenty-five, while I'm still twenty-six, huhu ♪♫." 

° Xuan Mu's birthday was sooner than Bing Shi's. Bing Shi got to be older by a year for three whole days!

° Xuan Mu ignored the cake, his tone filled with loathing, "Get out."

° Despite Xuan Mu's obvious disdain, Bing Shi remained unfazed and sat across from him. "Come on, make a wish quickly ♪♫," she urged, paying no attention to his hostile tone.

° Xuan Mu clenched his jaw in frustration. "Just leave already!"

° Bing Shi blew out the candles and crawled off the bed, grabbing her purse, she walked out of the door without looking back.

° Xuan Mu covered his face with his arm. 'Why is she so stubborn?'

° Behind the door, Bing Shi blinked back tears as a few droplets trickled down her cheeks and landed on the cold floor tiles.

° 'Does he have to change so much for my sake? Where is my obsessive and overly jealous man?'

° Per Xuan Mu's wish, they broke up and stopped speaking and seeing each other.

° Getting a phone call from her ex-boyfriend, Bing Shi picked it up.

° "For how long are you going to stand there?" Xuan Mu asked. It had been hours, and she was still standing there in those pain-inducing shoes.

° "Forever ♪♫?" she sang out playfully, rubbing her eyes.

° "Go home."

° "I was kicked out." Bing Shi whispered, "I have nowhere to go."

° Xuan Mu hanged upon her.

° Bing Shi shrugged her shoulders and started to read novels on her phone. Opening the door, she saw Xuan Mu sitting on the bed with his back turned toward her. She noticed a small, pathetic cake with two candles, both burnt down to nubs, and a small piece cut off. 

° Approaching the bed, she saw the glossy redness in his eyes and the frailty in his posture, making her heart ache with sorrow. Putting down her shoes, she crawled under the sheets, trying to wrap her arms around him.

°  But he didn't respond, didn't even move to hold her. The silence was suffocating, and Bing Shi couldn't help but cry herself to sleep. They were so close yet so far apart.

° End of flashback…

Beep

Beep

Beep

Ziek's eyes opened to the sound of a ringing phone. He rubbed his eyes, trying to shake off the remnants of a dream that left him in tears. As he reached for his phone, the bright screen illuminated his face. He couldn't recall the details of the dream, but the sadness lingered.

After squinting at the message, he let out a deep sigh.

00:05 AM Bing Shi: Morning. 🖖Meet me at those coordinates. Bring along your people and ammunition, the more, the merrier.

Ziek got up from the bed and stumbled towards the bathroom, feeling a heaviness in his chest. As he looked at himself in the mirror, he saw the dried tears on his cheeks and the blood stains on his chest. He turned on the tap and splashed cold water on his face, trying to wash away the pain.

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

The all healthy Yi Zen got a phone call from his so-called sister, who brought him so many problems, that if she appeared before him, he would probably choke her to death.

Bing Shi's heart raced as she heard no response. Nervously, she greeted the irritated man, "Morning. Did you have a good sleep?"

Hearing the genderless voice spewing out those polite words, Yi Zen wanted to choke her even more, "Do you have a death wish?"

Bing Shi apologized with an awkward laugh, "Sorry for waking you up. Should I call later?"

It was not what he meant at all! The world was in chaos and she apologized for waking him up?! This was the first time Bing Shi called his number, Yi Zen turned on his night lamp and sat down on the bed, "What happened?"

"I'm afraid it'll be too chaotic. I'm thinking of meeting up a day sooner than planned. Yi Zen, see? I'm risking my safety for yours." Bing Shi prayed to everyone for everything to go according to her plan, "What do you think?"

Yi Zen looked at his phone if she was serious, "My safety? Don't you mean... yours?"

"...He...he... you know me so well. But sorry to say this. I have many ways to assure my safety."

Yi Zen scoffed, "Alone?"

Bing Shi sent him a file, "No, bring your men, weapons, rations, and tents with you. I filtered out the ones which were not infected by the rain; around two hundred would do. Try not to catch anyone's attention. Oh, and tell your men not to kill me the moment they see me, thank you."

"..." Yi Zen reluctantly agreed to meet with her, hoping to convince her to reverse the changes she had made to the world. He couldn't believe that one person had so much power over everything, and the thought of it made him feel sick. 

She was too dangerous!

1