Chapter 3- one beginning to an end.
200 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

if there are any questions, please put them in the comments. Thank you. Also remember most of this chapter is a POSSIBILITY,  it did NOT happen yet/at all.



Chapter 3- One beginning to an end

(1st person P.O.V)

I roll on the ground trying to get enough momentum to sit back up. Being a large man has always set gravity as my number one arch-nemesis and that hasn't changed. After a few seconds I was finally sitting up on the rumble of the chair, just to see both of the choblins sitting up right. One chuckling female choblin and a male choblin sneering at me, not looking amused in the slightest. 

"After telling me that I saved them before, I immediately show them something uncool."

*ahem*

"Umm, well yes. Moving on." Geil said, obviously trying to clear up my shameful moment and allowing me to save face while she reached under the covers of the fur bed.

"Ahhh, I was wrong this whole time. This is no choblin. She's an angel."

"Here." She tossed something at me and I caught it awkwardly right before it hit my face. "You must use this and afterwards give us some divine essence." She said with a very serious face.

Looking into my hands I see a white fruit. In actuality what is in my hands is another type of gemstone in this world called a life fruit, but the stone, which starts off hard and small like a pearl, absorbs essence from dead creatures and turns it into a tangible edible pulp-like substance. As the stone absorbs essence it grows in size and it become softer and weirdly gelatin like.

This world is watched over by the gods. Everything in this world is tied to them and all living things recognized by a God have essence flowing within them. If that creature dies, the essence leaves their body looking like glowing dust. The essence is dispersed into the atmosphere if there are no creatures near it strong enough to contain the floating essence, however if there is a creature strong enough near it, the essence will be absorbed by that creature's core strengthening it. The core that a creature has, is a blessing from a God, meaning absorbing essence is the same as paying your God tribute, thus your God may grant you rewards for acquiring it.

The life fruit in my hand is the size of a plum from my original world. The white outer walls of the fruit feel spongy and elastic, since the s Its an elongated shape so it looks eerily like a giant maggot. If I hadn't been trapped in this world for 15 years, I would have been grossed out by this but I've eaten a lot of messed up things in my life.

"Why are you giving this to me?" I asked as I tried to get to my feet "its a waste on me since I-"

"Don't have a core because you're pathetic?" The male choblin snapped.

"Does he feel lonely or something!? He doesn't have to be rude."

"I-uhhh…. Yeah." I sighed, "I was brought to this world 15 years ago, with some classmates of mine. We were called the 'Blessed Heroes', each of us were suppose to be granted special abilities and powers and each of us were supposed to have a core."

"Your own core, right?" Geil asked

"...... yeah." I said with a hint of hurt, causing Geil to soften her eyes.

"Grrrr…." Galn growled, "look we already know you don't have a core, we don't care!"

*pack!*

Geil slapped Galn on the back of his head and Galns eyes popped wide in surprise. Galn slowly turned his eyes toward his sister and all he saw were the eyes of rage.

"HE SAVED US! HE WAS HERO AND NOW HE CAN SAVE US AGAIN! STOP BEING DISRESPECTFUL!" Geil yelled at Galn causing Galn to recoil in surprise before he too became enraged.

"WHERE WAS HE?! HUH!?" Galn snapped at his sister who didn't bat an eyelash at his response. "IT WAS ME, WHO WAS HERE. I WAS THE ONE WITH YOU ALL THIS TIME AND I WAS THE ONE WHO FATHERED OUR CHILDREN!" Galn yelled out but immediately recoiled his own words, knowing he said something wrong.

"Children….." Geils rageful face falls back into one of regret, "Those…. Creatures

….." her eyes light up again in a rage, "THOSE SENTINALS WHO WERE OUR CURSE!? THOSE CHILDREN!? YOU KNEW HOW MUCH IT PAINED ME TO BIRTH THEM FOR OUR REVENGE, YET YOU INSISTED AGAIN AND AGAIN!" Geil paused her words as if realizing something, ".... it wasn't just about revenge, was it…?" She looked at Galn with a shocked expression.

"....." Galn was silent.

"You used this entire revenge as a scheme to…." Geils voice shrank, "to use me? THATS WHY YOU WERE AGAINST THIS PLAN! EVEN KNOWING THIS WAS THE MAN THA-"

"THAT YOU LOVED!" Galn yelled out loud. "THE MAN THAT I COULD NEVER BETTER!? THE ONE THAT HELD YOUR AFFECTIONS EVEN WHEN I WAS IN YOUR ARMS!?" Galn eyes began to leak tears. "I LOVED YOU! STILL LOVE YOU! WHY CAN'T  I-" 

*Gyuck* a knife enters Galns throat.

"GUuk, Hyuh… HYUH….." Galn has a shocked expression as the woman he loved, his sister Geil, held a dagger that was inserted in his throat. 

"Brother," Geil said with teary eyes, "I love you too, but not like that. I gave up everything to help you achieve revenge and now," tears drip down the faces Geil and a dying Galn, "but now, I must give you up so you can know peace."

"Gul…gul…ge…." Galn reached out to his sister, trying to speak but facing in his last breaths,  and his head fell back into her lap as she pulled the dagger from his throat. His last breaths escape him as he rests his head on his sister's lap, one last time. His blood leaked onto her lap through the furs.

"What just happened!?"

Unsure of anything that just happened, the man stands there staring at the scene of carnage. He looks Geil and her dead brother, Geil's tears stop almost immediately and she hardens her face and stares at the man.

"You having no core is why this plan will work. So please," *sniffle*, "please for me and my brother, could you listen to my last request?" She said, but her words left the man uncertain. "The fruit has more than enough essence to do this, but you were suppose to eat the fruit and allow me and my brother to imprint with you while you enter your divine state."

"These people know a lot about me, so much that I shouldn't doubt them, but she just murdered her brother!"

"I know! Its a lot to ask, and you saw me…" she wiped her eyes, "Please! We've suffered so much and even though he looks dead you can save him! YOU HAVE TO SAVE HIM! IF ITS YOU," No longer able to hold her stern face she crumbles onto her brothers body and cries, "YOU'RE MY HERO! YOU'RE THE ONE! I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS PLEASE! PLEASE!.... please… please…….. *hic*... please.. I still… believe you'll come back!"

Seeing the hysterical choblin, the man knew he was genuinely believed in. The reason why? I wasn't sure, but if the stranger that beat up these two has the answers, then…. I thought to himself.

"The blood!"

I walked to the side of the bed again and saw the two crystals there. Instead of being controlled by his hunger this time he decided to grab the floating crystal. Leaning near the sobbing choblin I reached for the glowing crystal and as soon as I touched it.

*SHATTER*

The world around me turned white. Everything disappeared. Now I was just a lonely fat man in an empty space. It looked like I was floating in this vastness, yet I felt like my feet were planted.

"Where am I?" My thoughts echoed outside of my skull, as if I spoke the words out loud in a cavern, but looked around and saw no walls, only white.

"Welcome!" A voice called out.

"Whoa!" I reached for my sword and turned around, but I realized I had no sword. I actually had no clothes, it wasn't that I was naked, it was just that only my arms and head existed in this world. I had no body and no waist. Just arms, shoulders, chest, and head.

"Look, don't worry, everything will be fine. Now I know you have questions, but I'm going to need to just not talk." The voice spoke very quickly.

"Where am I!?"

"Just in case you asked me a question after I said I need you to not talk, ill say it clearly. I…AM…A…RECORDING…I CANNOT…ANSWER….YOU…."

"Oh!" My floating head and cheat bowed, "I'm sorry I didn-"

"I REPEAT! I….AM….. A …RECORDING."

"Dammit! Now I feel stupid."

"Don't feel stupid you are just a person with good manners…"

"Ahhh thank you…. WAIT! HOW DI-"

"Well that's if you just tried to apologize, which we think and believe you did."

"Damn! He's good."

"Anyway to cut the story short, I'm you from a different reality." The voice spoke as if what it was saying was casual conversation. "I specialized in memory magic. I can record, embed, and transfer memories. I cannot manipulate or change memories, so you don't have to worry."

"How can I trust someone who says th-"

"You don't have to trust me, either you ate the life fruit or you are about to eat a life fruit and that allow you to fight off mental manipulations from a recording."

"He's very good!"

" The choblins wouldn't realize it was there, but the crystal you grabbed, it's called a divine cataclysm, it can only be seen by people with your, or I guess our, divine imprints. Technically, its whoever has a similar imprint to the one that caused it.l and in this instance, its you. Time for the fine print, I guess.. this stone is created my the destruction of a time anomaly and when touched by a similar imprint, it causes time ripples. This means that it disperses memories to everyone with a similar Imprint in the world, and it shows to whoever touches it, how their timeline ends. Like a ripple affect"

"None of this sounds fun."

"My special ability is memory magic, so on this crystal I embedded this message, what you are about to see will be painful and I have no way of controlling what you see. All I could do was create this message to allow you to brace yourself for the inevitable pain, but….. we rather stand the pain than the shame right?"

"It's been so long since I heard that."

"P.S the choblins think that sex is the only way to imprint so let them, or whichever one is alive, know that while semen works they can also just ingest blood or…. Yeah just do blood. Anyway, without further ado, here you go…"

"Wait you said that last part very quickly!! What the hell!? What does that mean? What's gonna happen no-HAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOEEEEWWWWWW!"  

My body and consciousness was pulled away from the bright whiteness and supersonic speeds.  I can only see white all around me so I can't tell I fast I'm going until-

…….

……….

…………..

*pant* *pant* *pant*

"What's going on?!" I'm looking through someone else's eyes again, and this time I'm running, running as if my life depended on it.

The moon is hidden by the clouds taking away the light, not allowing me to see. Currently I'm running through the forests breaking through the foliage, the bushes hit past me as I tried to escape. My rotund body is having a hard time maneuvering in the forest as I hit branches and vines of the like. 

"Why did this happen!? I was changing! Everything was getting better! Mother, how could you!?"

"Huh? This is someone else's thoughts! I'm in someone else's head!"

The images of my beautiful mother, Sarah, being used by multiple men in a barn start racing in my mind.  She had been selling herself as a way to make ends meet, to help pay for my constant hunger mainly, but she has always been that kind of worker. Her body was never too strong, even if she leveled up her stats were supposedly negligible.

"It's just to pay expenses, it doesn't mean anything. You are the only one I care for, son."

"Thos men didn't seem like customers. She didn't look like it was just a business transaction. She's been with men before but,, this time I actually feel cheated on. Is it because I haven't been too active in the bedroom? I've been out adventuring more to allow her to stop whoring. I wanted to be with her more, but I've been tired…. That's a lie, I haven't felt I've been able to please her for a while now. Im always in a negative mood and my desire for a better life for my mother has been increasing only my stress. Ever since she started working more, as if to telI me 'It's ok, you don't have to risk your life for us to live well.'. I have become too self conscious of myself and have no longer been able to perform well with her. No! That can't be it. Mom is too good of a person for that to happen like that!"

"What are these horrible thoughts!? Mom wouldn't hurt me! She encourages me to do my best everyday, that's why I went to the choblin lair to begin with!"

Fleeing as hard as I could, my ears twitch, I can hear barking in the distance. 

"Fucking hellhounds!"

*gasp* *gasp*

"This body is near its limits, what happened?! Why are we running? Is there a way I can see the memories of this person?"

As if answering my question, scenes of memories from the body I was trapped in, began to play.

I came home early from hunting a small goblin nest. I happened to find extremely powerful goblins in the nest, but they were too old to fight me for long. Even though I had the younger body I still had a hard time, if it wasn't for a well timed divine burst, and my Gaia-flail I would have been killed.

Geil and Galn were indeed mages. Using the essence in the air and magic, they were able to manipulate fire and ice while also strengthening their small bodies. They weren't all powerful, but if they were trained properly, they could have been

Instantly the scenes floated back to me fighting Geil and Galn without me knowing they were sentient. I gained the upper hand when Galn underestimated me and I had enough essence from the choblins I killed to do a divine burst. That combined with my Gaia-flail, I was able to crush Galns skull in. Still pumping with adrenaline I killed Geil the same way. Seeing the memories though, it seemed Geil let herself be killed once her brother died. 

"She really cared for her brother that much? Yet she killed him so easily when he…. He disagreed with the plan. She killed him…. For me…"

When I met those two choblins they were almost teenagers, but choblins age faster than most sentient creatures, so that must explain their old appearance. That's another reason I wouldn't have recognized them when I saw them. Its been over a decade since I've seen them and they aged more than three times the amount I did.

Today I felt my life was changing for the better, and I found some gold! I rushed home to celebrate with my mother…..

"It seems this version of me finally felt his luck had turned around, what could have happened?"

……….

…………….

Returning home to find mom "working" would put a damper on my mood, but normally I would leave and just come back later, but I heard a man's voice, a voice that seemed familiar and I couldn't shake the bad feeling I had. I decided to sneak around the barn, well I called it a barn but it was really a large shed filled with hay. It was where mom could work and not stain our bed in our home..

Immediately my eavesdropping caused the alarms in my brain and heart to flare, the things they were saying!

  • "That fat fuck probably can't fuck you like we can, can he?"

  • "You'll be so much happier when he's dead right? Hahahaa we should just do it today instead of waiting."

  • "I can't imagine how tight this asshole was when you first started! It feels like it's sucking my HP!"

  • "The way you day take two dicks while sucking a third in a flowing motion must mean you desire to please real men!"

My mother nodded at all the things they said only taking a hooded man's cock out of her mouth once to say:

"Please just make his death an easy one."

The last person I could believe in, in this rotten fucking world. My happiness, my excitement, my swelling pride…… all of it was gone.

She always told me she was proud of me, that I was the best son she could ever have. Today, by grabbing this gold and killing those choblins; after years of sharing pain together, I felt…. I felt…. I felt she could be proud… 

I've always been known as a crybaby, evident by the tears flowing down my face, that I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop any of my emotions. In my rage I burst through the door and hit the first person that I saw. Knocking him out of my mothers asshole. There were more men in the room that I saw from outside.

"Mother!! things can be better! I can finally you happier! Mom! Mooooooom!" I cried, tears falling down my face, as she was adjusting her burlap dress without looking at me.

The man that was in her mouth didn't even put his dick away as he lunged at me and punched me.

"That asshole looks familiar!"

My large body was pushed back by the smaller man's blow. Before I could say anything else, the other men jumped at me. I already knew this wasn't going to be a simple beating, they told mother they were going to kill me. They planned on murdering me, so i had to put everything I had into surviving. I glanced toward mother but she couldn't face me, she turned away and silently nodded to the hooded man. I don't think he even cared about her signal because he already motioned to his men, and they began hitting me one, still fully-dressed man, pulled out a club that was stashed in his trousers.

"I don't want to believe any of this is actually happening in my home!"

Using my teeth I bit the hands of two of the men holding me down. Using my shoddy sword, I stabbed one of the men, I was unable to pull my sword out of him before the others tried attacking me again.

That's when I ran. 

………

…………

Still running through the forest, trying to gain distance.

Tripping, I landed in a puddle. In the puddle I can see the blood coming out of my forehead. My rounded jaw and double chin are covered in a full black beard. My hair is long and unkempt. My dark brown skin doesn't help me look clean if I'm not well groomed. I see myself breathing heavily in my reflection. My legs shake due to them having to try to carry my large body across a long distance.

The men following me aren't trained killers, but I know each of them have a core from some god, strengthening them. They are all faster and stronger than me and they would all have me surrounded if they didn't take the time to re-dress themselves. 

"I bet I didn't even kill the one I stabbed!"

*sniffle* "I wanted to show my mother about my success" *gasp* *gasp* *sob*…. "Fuck!" I need a plan, my body is exhausted.

*GRRROOOWWLLL*

"Fuck-fuck!" I thrust my hand into the air, to reach into my inventory. I grabbed a dry meat stick and stuffed it in my face as I tried to come up with a plan. "Ok, OK. They are on my ass but they didn't seem like all trained soldiers. I might be able to take them……. Shit, I need a divine burst." I knew what I had to do, but I didn't know how to do it. "I have to take advantage of my opponents not being trained for this, but how?" I looked everywhere around me and tried to formulate a plan. "That'll have to do!" I spotted a tree with low branches.

………..

Like a panda I immediately climbed the nearest tree. I shimmied a good height so.I won't be easily seen. Reaching the lowest branch and using it as a foot hold, I maneuvered my pants a little to let myself out of them. I pissed onto the ground right below me, to bring one of those hellhound walkers right to me.

In the brief seconds of rest I had, I was able to catch my breath a little and my side pains from the running subsided a little. It was only a minute of rest before I heard the sniffing and barking of a hellhound. I have only one weapon left on me.

"Killing the man, and gaining a divine burst. It's risky, but you have to do it! We need to get to mom and figure out what the fuck is happening! Fuck! You can't hear me can you!? Just kill this bastard and try to kill the rest!" 

Awkward as it seems, it's like I'm watching a movie right now, but I'm the star.

"Yeah! Lead me to that fat bastard. Roy is gonna have to put his money where his mouth is now! Hehehe." A light skinned-man wearing a dark pants suit and overcoat comes trudging along. With his large purple beard and neatly trimmed hair, all he's missing is a top hat to make him look like an old English gentleman. This entire world is stuck in a modernized Victorian-age where men wear suits and women wear frilly dresses. Unless one has a physical job that requires a lot of movement. 

"Ok, he isn't dressed in armor, so if I time this right I should be able to kill one of them."

Despite how silly my apron looks, its actually made from the borus, a large animal that looks like a mix of a boar and an ox. This is the hide of that animal and not only is it really light, it can easily stop attempted stabs or slashes from weak opponents. Trying to stab through this apron is as easy as stabbing through a piece of wood.

*sniff* *sniff* *sniffing*

Finally coming into view, what looks like a siamese cat the size of a Labrador. The pink flesh of the creature almost looks skinless as it pulls its owner toward the tree. The spine of the creature is covered with exposed bones, the same with the ears. The face is that of a cat, but without a snout. The face is flat almost like a human and its nose is just two small holes in the center of its face. As this creature grows older, more bones will grow on the outside of its skin becoming almost armor-like. However, when it reaches a certain age, the bones will calcify in the joints and it will no longer be able to move. It will be trapped in its own statue-like body, until it starves to death.

"Good, the Hellhound is still young so it doesn't have much bone armor to get through."

"GRRRRRRRRLLLL." The creature growled and put more strength into pulling the man holding him forcing the man to break into a jog.

"Whoa! That's right! Get that fat bastard!" The man said, chasing after the hound.

*sniff* *sniff*

The hellhound reached the tree and began sniffing.

"Oye! Oye! What are you doing?!" The man approached the tree and knelt down, inspecting what the animal was sniffing. Seeing the wetsuit on the trunk of the tree, the man traced it with his eyes and looked up.

*whimper* was the last noise made by the hellhound.

3