Chapter 4 – i have powers?
155 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4- I have powers?

Still seeing through the eyes of the other me, he seemed like himself to fall off the tree branch.

Seeing my targets I let gravity take over and I placed my fall well. I couldn't jump off the branch, because I was worried my weight would cause it to snap. The extra hop was unnecessary anyway, I began to swing my flail as I let my body fall.

*THUD* *CRACK* *CRUNCH* 

*whimper*

I landed on the man's shoulders driving his body onto his hellhound and his head down into the tree trunk with over 400KG of force (that's gravity PLUS his weight) crushing his skull. I already had the flail aimed at the hellhound's head and while being pinned by me and the man, he had no way to dodge. It let out a whimper when I landed but his skull was crushed before any other sounds came to be.

     From both the bodies, particles of dust rose up forming a mist. The dust from the human was denser and brighter, but it combined with the dust of the hellhound and began to glow even more. The mist shot toward my immobile body and entered through my pore, ears, eyes, nose, and any other possible way.

*Do-KUN* *Do-KUN* *Do-KUN* *Do-KUN*

The mist that entered my body was supposed to then enter a core, strengthening it overtime. This was one of the ways you paid tribute to the God that granted you a core. However, I never had a core, there was no place for the mist to go. If I waited the mist would just get lost in my body somewhere, or I could use it. I raised my arms and flexed every part of my body in unison.

"Divine-burst!" I called out. My body began to glow and I felt the power channeling through my veins. This was the way I defeated the choblin's in the cave, all my pain and fatigue disappeared. In this world I was the weakest, I was a cursed existence that was good for nothing, but with this I have power. Even if it's temporary, everything about me gets amplified.

Feeling renewed energy in my body, I get up and run. My clothes are now sticking to my body as I just got out of the puddle blood and guts. My fat is jiggling violently as I run my hardest. I feel my stomach trying to rip itself from my body as my legs pound the ground, yet I'm not bothered by this. I am faster and stronger right now, and what would normally hurt me, doesn't.

I hear the barking getting closer and closer. I've been running for a long time, but running isn't the only thing on my mind right now.

"I FOUND HIM! I FOUND HIM!" another man in a dark grey suit showed up. He had a purple handlebar mustache, a monocle, and a fedora type hat on. He was pointing in my direction with a thin rapier style blade  while looking behind himself and yelling, trying to attract the attention of my other pursuers. Unfortunately for him, I'm the only one near him and he doesn't know what I'm able to do right now. I smiled devilishly with my Gaia-flail wrapped in my hand. I released the chain to allow myself to swing flail by its handle. Before the man turned around I sent some of the essence in my body into the flail as I spun it. 

The man was 6 meters away from me, and even though I am faster right now, there's no way he couldn't see me travel that far. What the man didn't know was just being in front of me meant his death. I made a mental image in my head and channeled it into the flail. I, who have no special abilities, have to make due with tools. This flail can manipulate earth, or gaia magic, as long as it's fed essence and with a divine burst I can feed it what it needs.

"Take this you stupid bitch! HYAAAAH!" I was swinging the flail in circular motion, but at the end I swung the Gaia-flail in an upper-cut motion, but this time something shot out of the ball of the flail.

*gyuck*

Straight ahead of me the man had a stone lodged into the middle of his forehead and he slowly collapsed to the floor. I pictured a spike of dirt and hardened it in my mind, I then sent the image and my essence to the flail and the flail allowed me to create the [Dirt bullet] that was hard enough to break into the man's skull.

I rushed up to the corpse and grabbed the rapier. In my hand it looked like a long knife because of my size, but I still took it and I absorbed the man's essence, allowing me to stay in the divine burst longer.

"YES! YES! YES!" I called out as I absorbed the essence. While in this state any essence I gather feels euphoric and my personality becomes outgoing enough to let everyone know it. Essentially, this is equivalent to being high or drunk. With the rapier and the essence now mine, I looked towards the next attackers. Since its a group I decided not to push my luck, however before I ran, I looked down and saw the opened skull of the man.

*DOKUN* *DOKI-DOKI*

My heart had a palpitation and I felt my mouth water.

"What's going on?! I shouldn't feel my hunger pangs in this form! This form is fed through the souls of my enemies!"

Not wanting to over think or linger I just decided to run. It took another hour of running before I found my way out of this. I saw a cave up ahead so I rushed toward it. If I could collapse the entrance I could escape, or at least recoup. Before I entered the cave I had a fun idea and threw the rapier into the ground.

"I only need the flail anyway."

I rushed to the entrance of the cave and began swinging my flail again. I clearly pictured what I wanted and transferred the essence required.

"Tremor!" I swing the flail pushing essence into it as it hits the ceiling causing spider web cracks in the roof. I swing a couple of times at the sides of the cave wall, to weaken its stability. "TREMOR!" I swing again hitting the the wall in a way that the spider webs type cracks can begin connecting in the ceiling 

"What the fuck kind of stone is this!?"

"TREMOR!" I ram at the last remaining wall without cracks, causing all the spider webs in the walls connect and the ceiling begins to shake. 

*pant* *pant*

My breathing is getting heavier, that means I'm running out of essence and my body is returning to normal.

"It doesn't matter I'm just ab-"

*tong* *squelch*

My words were cut off, I stare down at my chest. An arrow is sticking out of me. An arrow so sharp it could puncture me and my armor. "Shit! That must mean…" I looked out into the distance  I see my hooded attacker 100m straight ahead, reloading another arrow."That must be the leader." I thought to myself as I tried to pull the arrow out. "Fuck! It's barbed! It's causing a bleeding effect." I look ahead out of the cave.

A small group of men with hellhounds showed up, but right next to my arrow-assailant my mom appeared. The men released the hounds to give me chase. The hounds are running toward the cave and the rocks begin falling.

"Mom."

My beautiful red-haired haired mother, in her ragged green-burlap dress, with a bow of her own. She draws back an arrow and I can see her blue eyes staring at me.

"Even at night her porcelain skin can glow." Even while being aimed at, I still find her beautiful. "Time for my surprise." I swing my flail and picture what I want clearly, then  hit the ground hard. "Ripple". The entire cave shakes as a mound of dirt ripples toward the hooded man and my mother.

Both her and the other man get ready to fire their arrows at the same time. The rocks began to fall blocking any of their arrows from harming me, but the message was terribly clear. However before the rocks blocked my view the ripple I sent to the earth found its target, the rapier

*boom*

*gyuck*

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" the ripple hot the rapier with such force, it was forced out of the ground. I hoped it would get the hooded man, but instead one of his henchmen, who also wore another weird type of hat accessory, was stabbed in the neck.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I screamed in frustration as the cave collapsed in front of me.

"I really wanted the hooded guy! FUCK!" I shake my fists in frustration, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING MOM! WHAT THE FUCK IS ANY OF THIS!!?"

My body begins to get heavier and heavier and I feel myself losing the effects of the divine burst. With the flail in my hand I stick my arm in the air causing everything up to my forearm to disappear. I replace my flail and I take out my first aid kit and medicine. 

"Ok, just breathe. Just breathe. Just breathe." The last of the divine burst will be used for this, but I have so little essence left, I know I'm going to feel all of it.

I grip on the arrow in my chest. It punctured my armor and still went two inches into my chest. I take a few deep breaths…*phew* *phew*... I pulled the barbed arrow out of my chest.

*quilch* the arrow made a disgusting sound as I pulled it out.

"FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!"

I drink a little of the medicine and open up the first aide. I take out my small disinfectant spray (about the size of an eye drop bottle) and gauze. 

I spray the wound with the disinfectant and pour a little medicine on it before wrapping my body up. My medicine is gone, but my first aid kit replenishes every couple hours. In this world my disinfectant doesn't just clean wounds, it stops infections, and stops bleeding, sounds amazing unless I'm missing a chunk out of my body. Pulling out an arrow, especially a barbed one,, without a way to stop the bleeding is never recommended.

"That's the benefit from having an item from my original world."

I take a few minutes to undress my armor and shirt and gauze myself. After a moment's rest I quickly get dressed as soon as I'm done. My body feels very heavy, the aftermath of using divine burst

"Now I just have to find a way out."

With the strength of my pursuers, none of them should be able to open this path back up immediately. I reach into my inventory and I take out the rusted sword and a torch from my inventory and trudge into the darkened cave.

……..

………..

…………..

*swing* *quelch*

I swung my sword at another large rat.

Fuck this is endless!

I've only been walking for an hour but these rats are endless. Every rat is the size of a small dog from my world and they are giving me essence, albeit minimally. My main problem is actually-

*GRRROOOOOOWWWWWLLLL*

"FUCK! Not again!" I take another piece of dried meat from my inventory.

……..

………

That's how it continued. Killing rats and trudging through this cave until I notice I've been walking in a decline. Walking down a large water coated cavern I'm deep underground, not knowing how many days I have been here.

*grooooooowwwwllll*

"This fucking hunger! Even a normal person's stomach would have shut up already!! Is this the reason she did this? Did mom hate my appetite?"

*GROWWWWWWLLLLL*

I'm fucking starving.

"FUUUUCK! STAY AWAY!" I swung my sword again and again on the rat in front of me, "another one down."

*Grrrrrrrooooooowwwwwlllll*

I don't know how long I've been down in these tunnels but my food reserves are gone, my sword is so blunt it's basically a club, and I'm gaining more and more injuries.

My stamina is low, so I wanted to rest but I am barely given the chance. I've been swinging my sword almost nonstop, but to conserve strength I only use small repetitive motions. The cave is getting smaller overhead.

"Soon I won't be able to swing my sword in here."

It has been several more days and I have not been able to eat, finding drinkable water is difficult as well. You can't drink mana conjured water. All mana conjuring's need to be supplied mana continuously or they disappear several seconds after the chant. Filling my stomach just to have it emptied from the inside is a horrible punishment for an average person, let alone a fat man.

*GROOOOWWWWWWWWLLLLL*

"My body feels like it's eating itself. The smell of blood had stopped being disgusting to me since, yesterday.

The only difference is creating a spark can create a natural fire when it touches something. Water just can't do the same.

A forest can be set on fire, but nothing can be set on water."

Drinking magic water is getting more and more appealing, but it will just get me more tired and the water will disappear from my system. There is water everywhere in the cave but it's home to large rats the size of dogs and I just killed over 1000 of them in the last couple of weeks. Their blood is probably soaking into all the water on the floor.

"Maybe it was my constant appetite? It had to be, right? Was that what made her do it? I want to know what I did wrong! Why! Why!? I loved her dearly, I kept her safe, I thought we pledged to be together forever."

Now walking in shin height water, I'm out of torches and trying to feel for movement on the water. I'm basically blind at the moment.

*SKREEEEEE*

*Splash* *splosh-splosh*

Something was headed toward me and I had to act. I swing my blunt sword…

*CLANK*

My sword got caught in the ceiling of the cave and I lost my grip.

 *splash*

My sword landed in the water somewhere and I leaned down to look for it…

*Skrreeeeee*

"AHHHHHHHH!"

*splash*

A Rottweiler sized rat tackled me to the ground. My head gets pushed under the water. The rat bit into my shoulder, a few of his teeth sank into my shoulder, but most of them were blocked.  I turn towards the shoulder it latched onto-

"HHHAAAAAAA!"  I took a deep breath to collect myself.

*SKRRRREEEEEEEEE* the rat begins thrashing.

*splash* *splosh* *splash*

Me and the rat are tumbling in the water. I'm panicking, I don't have a weapon and I can't reach for my carving knife.

*GRRRRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLL*

"Fuck! I'm losing strength, I'm so hungry."

*crunch*

"AHHHHHH! FUCK!" The rat bit my arm and its jaw was stuck in my flesh. "YOU WANT TO PLAY LIKE THAT!?" I pulled my injured arm up and that turned the rat's neck away from me but held his body in the opposite direction exposing his throat. I closed my eyes and lunged my head into the rat and bit *quelch* right into it.

*SKREEEEEEEE*

"Sweet!"  The flavor that burst into my mouth was not what I expected. "Hmmph… hmpphhh…. *slurp*... HMMHHH." I greedily ate and ate the throat and neck of the rat. The thrashing of the rat gradually died out, like the rat itself. I tried to avoid the hairs after the first few bites, but I did end up eating a lot of it. I didn't eat its organs, just enough of its flesh to calm me down. Finally dropping the rat into the water I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?"

Right now, in the complete darkness of the cave.

"I can see?"

2