Chapter 20 – A divine mastermind
1.8k 10 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Haaaaaaaa!” I breathed out, whilst having my eyes closed and my palms touching. Sure, there was no need for that, but it looked dramatic and cool so that automatically made it all necessary.

Unfortunately, I only drew mana into myself bit by bit to not explode, so there was no kickass whirlpool of infinite power swirling around me or anything. Just a little me trying to get enough mana into my body to circulate it and maybe cast a fireball that was larger than an ant.

Just as I finally began to feel the power properly flowing through me, I heard gasps around me. They were probably mighty impressed with my amazing display. I grinned to myself.

To end off the performance, I opened my eyes, yelled “Yaaaah!”, and put my palms in front of me, hoping to release a deadly laser. Instead, I released a fireball larger than an ant. Only barely though. It lasted a whole three seconds and traveled about two meters before it fizzled out just like before.

Goddammit! Not again!

I scrunched up my face and glanced at my audience. Chad had a serious expression plastered on his face while the two girls seemed stunned. Everyone was staring at my forehead. The elven hero nodded and said, “The crest of the destroyer. As expected.”

Goddammit! Not again!

I grunt-sighed in disgust and then crossed my arms with a frown. “What do you mean ‘as expected’?! Are you implying something here?!”

“Well, it was obvious, wasn’t it?” Kelly whispered. I glared at her.

Chad’s expression didn’t change. “No, what I mean is that the doors to this place only open for the young goblin here who has the crest of the savior. The texts stated that only the saviors could access this place.”

Huh? Really? I didn’t recall anyone mentioning that.

“Still! Don’t just assume I have this crappy tattoo of evil!” I pointed at my forehead. “What if I didn’t have anything, huh?!”

“Not impossible, but very unlikely. The texts stated all otherworlders are either saviors or destroyers.”

Dammit. Those stupid shitposts on the walls!

“Well, whatever! Don’t care about no fate or stupid-looking tattoos! I’m not destroying the world! You can’t make me!” I turned away whilst making a hmph sound.

“Good to hear. However, we still don’t know the true nature of the prophecy. Perhaps it will be an accident. Perhaps you hold the key to destruction even if you don’t intend to use it,” he said while glancing at Kelly as well.

I rolled my eyes.

“You know what? I blame the goddess! She’s in charge of this world, right? She must have created these prophecies! When I meet her, I’ll slap her in the face, and then ban her from these forums, because trolls don’t belong here!”

“I do not know what forums or ban means, but I don’t recommend planning on slapping the goddess,” Chad said with a disapproving frown.

“A goddess? So there really is one?” Willow asked with a frown.

Right, religion probably wasn’t very prevalent among the green people.

“Yeah! I don’t remember much, but apparently, she created the world. She’s supposed to guide people or whatever, but I’m calling her out on trolling people with fake prophecies!”

Willow’s frown deepened. “Why am I only hearing about this now?”

“Because she wasn’t supposed to be relevant! She was supposed to be as mythical as finding all your socks in a washing machine! But now with all this prophecy talk…” I crossed my arms and put on my best conspiracy theorist expression. “My spidey senses are tingling.”

A tired sigh was my reward. Willow should really learn how to chill out. Or maybe just take a nap. She looked tired.

“Well… I don’t have any proof, but the Devil said the goddess is definitely real,” Kelly interjected.

“Ah-ha! Then we found our culprit!” I pointed at the demon with a grin on my face.

“Uh…” She shrunk into herself.

“No, not you. The goddess! I bet my cutesy ass the goddess is the mastermind behind this clustertruck of a prophecy!”

The three people exchanged looks.

“To call the goddess anything but just and caring…” Chad started, making me frown. “But at the same time, if this is all true…”

Heck yeah. As expected of my bestie, he was the only one who truly got me. I ignored the skeptical eyes of the two girls.

“Well, now that we know who our enemy is, it’s time to plan accordingly! Did your devil uncle-friend tell you some anti-divine techniques, Kelly?”

“Uh… no?”

“Damn! Looks like we will have to do it without any guides or walkthroughs then. But no worries! We have our awesome skills, abilities, and most importantly and cheesily, each other!” I shot my arms into the air to emphasize the inevitable victory.

“Fei… Slow down for a second. One second you mention the goddess even exists, and the other you are blaming her for everything,” Willow interrupted. “Moreover, if she is behind all of this, then she must also be behind granting us our abilities. Why wouldn’t she be able to remove them if we were to oppose her?”

Killjoy.

“Well, then we will simply have to power through and defeat the evil goddess through the power of friendship!”

Willow stared at me with an expression that screamed ‘I’m so tired of this crap’. A moment later she threw her hands into the air, giving up. “Sure! Whatever! I give up!” And then she walked over to her desk and sat down.

I rolled my eyes. “What a drama queen.”

“Uh, she has a point though,” Kelly meekly suggested.

I frowned. “She’s just causing unnecessary panic! Come on now! We are the good guys and the goddess is the evil one! How could we possibly lose?”

Kelly glanced at Chad, possibly indicating something. I ignored it.

Greetings traveler! I hope you are enjoying the journey! Remember you can read ahead on my patreon!

121