Chapter 7: Lunette Lombardi
164 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What an interesting dragon. The mana is completely condensed and planted deep within its scales acting as an outer protection scale. What’s more, it can concentrate anywhere its body that’s why my blade can’t penetrate through it because the mana got clustered around the part where I’m about to attack.”

Sirius jumped off the dragon, walking around it, analyzing every bit of the dragon, as he waits for Alice to come down. Then he continued with his thoughts while showing a smug smile, muttering to himself.

“Once it the something bypass through the mana coating its body, the mana started scattering around instead of breaking like glass. A fluid-like motion. But it can condense the area where it’s about to deal damage to strengthen it. Truly magnificent.”

“Oi, you creep, stop being creepy for once.”

A softly spoken voice with an obvious hint of disgust in her tone came right behind Sirius’ back, a shadowy figure with a conspicuous white scarf wrapping around its neck—It was Alice. Her hair was fluttering in the air as she prances forward with her arms put around her back.

“Where are they?”

“There.”

Sirius pointed in a direction of the three people sitting inside a golden dome-protected barrier. However, the three are still dumbfounded at the sudden occurrences. At the back of their minds, they concluded that they’re in safe hands from these unknown two people wearing attires that blend well in the dark.

“What about the other guy?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t checked on him.”

“I’ll go to the three while you go check him. And, don’t be creep while inspecting that disgusting thing.”

“Yes, yes, madam.”

Alice went her way toward the 3 people lying in a golden radiating magic circle on the ground. However, as Alice is getting closer to them, the three started getting more afraid. All they can do at that moment is to accept the future that’s set upon their destiny.

Noticing their frightened expressions, Alice waved her hands enthusiastically to at least let them know that she’s harmless and will not bring harm.

“Hello~! Hello~! Hello~! Nice to meet you~!”

Despite Alice’s friendly greetings, it didn’t affect the three people as their faces are the same as ever. Therefore, Alice understood their psychological state of mind, as earlier they’re trapped in a situation where only death awaits them from the other side, not only them but probably any person who’s in the same situation earlier would act the same like how they’re acting right now.

Alice raised her fingers, pointing at them. She made a fluid downward motion with her hands, which resulted in the golden magic circle below them vanishing completely. As the result, it only made their state of mind worst. Alice crouched down, wrapping her arms around her knees, and spoke to them gently.

“I have no intention of bringing harm.”

However, no response came from them. For a period of time, the three were in a daze as their eyes are fixated on the mask of the person upfront. A plain black mask, the only striking feature was the white illuminating eyes and the golden owl symbol engraved on the right cheek.

“Hello?”

“I—Uh—Um... I—Wa—I—”

“Are you having a stroke?”

It was the female blonde warrior who spoke, stuttering. Her brain is not functioning properly, as her mind is still in disarray. Clutching unto her broken sword, breathing deeply, she mustered all her strength to calm herself down.

“H-Hello, t-thank you...”

“Oh! Great! You can speak my language, amazing!”

Alice was astonished by the blonde hair girl, at the coincidence that she’s someone who can speak her main language. With the unexpected development, Alice started conversing with her to make the blonde hair girl be more comfortable, for her to learn that she doesn’t have bad intentions towards them.

“Great! What a strange development, but I’m happy. What’s your name?”

“L-Lunette Lombardi...”

“What a wonderful name, anyway my name is Deva. Nice to meet you.”

Introducing herself with one of her made-up aliases, for the three to not able to identify her. Alice confidently introduced herself that way, which the three believed.

“N-Nice to meet you.”

“Who’s the two behind you?”

The male and female mages took a breath deep and exhaled, introducing themselves. The first one to introduce was the female mage whose short red hair matches her fiercely slanted green eyes, milky white skin with pale red lips.

“I-I’m Esana Dognas.”

“A lovely name. What about you?”

Following Esana, the male mage had a similar appearance to Esana from the red hair, slanted green eyes, the same skin color, and pale red lips, though the only difference is the physical stature of the two and face shapes. In an instant, a person could initially tell the two are twins from just their appearance.

“Demir D-Dognas...”

“Are you two, perhaps twins?”

“” Yes. “”

Alice giggled. “Hehe, well then. Let me heal your injuries. Just stay calm. I’ll handle the rest, okay?”

The three nodded in response. Alice stood up and raised both of her arms, chanting. “O brightest blessings, for thou art cared, heal thy oneself, grant thy blessing.”

[Heal of Grace]

In front of Alice, a skylike magic circle manifested, then a cerulean wave spread among the three which gave them a soothing feeling, that dispersed all the pain and sorrows they’re currently feeling. After a while, the injuries inflicted on their bodies vanished.

“There you go.”

“Thank you!”

“Thank you!”

“Thank you!”

“No problem~”

A metallic clanking sound came nearby—It was Sirius carrying the large man twice his size, but he’s easily carrying him on his shoulder, dragging him towards the place where Alice and three’s location. When Lunette saw the large man, she raised her voice in worry.

“Sir Axel!”

Lunette promptly went to them and inspected his body for any severe injuries.

“He’s fine now. I just healed him, he should be awake by a few days or so.”

“Thank you so much, our esteemed savior!”

“Don’t call me that, just call me... Neo.”

“Yes! Esteemed Neo!”

“Haah...” Sirius let out a sigh.

Sirius put the body of the large man named Axel near Esana and Demir, the twins, and he laid Axel’s body in front of them gently. His armor was pierced as to why there’s a humongous hole in it. The twins looked at his body and saw his brawny body fully healed. They’re astonished by their discovery and looked at Sirius once again.

‘Who are they?’

‘Unbelievable.’

After placing down Axel, Sirius started stretching his neck out.

“Argh—Anyhow, are you guys okay?”

The twins replied in sync. “Yes!”

“Good to know.”

“Um...”

“Yes?”

Sirius glanced around to Lunette, who’s bashfully fidgeting with her hands together. Sirius’ first interpretation of her was that she’s a beauty with a magnificent mature aura around her. This made Sirius excited.

“I’m Lunette Lombardi, a princess of the kingdom Ethis, I just want to inform you Esteemed Neo that I’m extremely thankful for saving us and protecting us from the Tendril Dragon. I can’t fathom my appreciation of what you have done to us. I, Lunette Lombardi, will assure to respond to your kindness that you’ve given to us.” Lunette bowed gracefully in front of Sirius.

This raised an eyebrow to Sirius. He started brooding over some trivial information about the kingdom of Ethis, to which he had never heard such kingdom exist. For that fact, his hypothesis was correct about them transporting into another world. However, those thoughts deviated as there’s a more important matter that needs to be addressed, as to how come the woman in front of her was able to speak his mother tongue.

“You can speak my mother tongue?!”

It took her by surprise. “W-What...? W-what is that?”

“Wait, what? How come...?”

“I-I... Clueless, on what you’re trying to say, Esteemed Neo...”

Sirius squinted his eyes. Right away, he noticed her mouth movement and the voice he’s hearing coming out of her doesn’t match at all. Sirius was astonished by this discovery he just noticed. Furthermore, he doesn’t have any recollection of someone placing a cognitive type of magic on him at all. Translation magic is a type of cognitive magic that’s placed within the brain of someone for the purpose of communicating with each other.

“Nothing, I’m just confused for a second there.”

“Oh...”

“Oi, don’t scare them.” Alice gave Sirius a smack in the head.

“I know, sorry...”

Sirius snapped his hands.

(Alice.)

Sirius called Alice telepathically. Of course, Alice noticed it and didn’t get surprised by this, as this is a normal occasion for them when they’re in front of other people they’re not familiar with.

(What is it)

(Do you remember anything about someone placing some sort of cognitive magic in our brain?)

(Seriously? You’re asking me that question, I told you I remember nothing.)

(Ah, yeah. Sorry. But, did you notice that the language they’re speaking doesn’t match with what you’re hearing?)

(Really? Let me try.)

“Lunette~” Alice called out.

“Yes?”

“Actually, I’ve been wondering. Where are we? You see, Neo and I are travelers and seem to be lost, ending up in here. We have no clue.”

“Um, if I may ask, Ms. Deva, are you serious right now?”

“Of course. Do we look like people around here?”

“No... Um, to answer your question. Actually, we’re in a dungeon.”

“Labyrinth?”

Lunette started explaining.

Catacombs of the Lost Dragon, the burial place of the great dragon who’s yet to be identified, but countless tales have passed down in centuries that the dragon buried inside here is one of the divine dragons that died during the Holy war. The catacombs have at least 500 floors underneath, for thousands of years no one has yet to surpass the 200th floor ever since the Great Expedition of the kingdom Ethis.

They’re currently on the 167th floor, but the group of Lunette stumbled upon a trap that led them to be entrapped in here with the Tendril Dragon. From Lunette’s words, Tendril Dragons are extinct, yet they encountered one. And, the purpose of their group going to the Catacombs is to search for a person.

“... That’s it. I’m sorry.”

“What are you apologizing for?”

“I’m sorry for not been able to give you more information.” Lunette bowed to the two.

Sirius interjected. “No, it’s more than enough. Thank you.”

10