Chapter 5: A Shred of Optimism
4k 19 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Isaac~.”

No, please don’t!

“Isaac, come play with us.”

Please leave me be!

“Isaac, we love you ♡!”

Dozens of hands approach my neck. Each of them tightly gripping my neck. My breathing grew faint, was this how I am going to die?

Mom, sis…

smack

With a sudden jerk, I jolted up from my bed.

“Huff, huff…” sweat flooded down my face, my body was shivering from fright. This was just about how every night went for me. Not only did they rob me of my freedom, but they also infiltrated my dreams.

Days, months, years had passed by, but the torture never stopped. Despite my family’s reluctance, I was forced to be sent into that hell hole every day.

Each day I would be toyed like a broken marionette. Those girls were only a mere imitation of the real thing. Their real insides were as black as tar. With lively eyes which were unsuited for such horrid monstrosities, they scarred my very soul with each touch. It was agonizing.

The parasitic being usually laid dormant until we reached the kindergarten, immediately seizing control of my body. With my robbed freedom and crippling paralysis, I laid lifelessly as I watched the disastrous event take place with deadened eyes.

It was long since then that my will to fight had burnt out, my tears had dried only to leave an unforgettable nightmare in its wake.

I didn’t want revenge; I didn’t even want to think about them. What I wanted was to be released from this dastardly fate. Like an endless loop with no end in sight, the same scene repeated.

My mind had long since grown numb because of the uncountable times I had been through that horrific incident.

Both Dolores and Mara were helpless. My attachment only came to fester further, like an open wound. I felt safe knowing they weren’t out there to harm me.

But not all things went bad. Ever since what took place in the kindergarten, the monster’s activity reduced. The creaking sounds had long since gone, and there were no sightings of them either. It was concerning where the thing might be right now, but it wasn’t my problem anymore.

Thankfully, today was a day of respite. I would finally be 18 years old. Throughout these years, my growth had been lacking. Small stature, pale skin, frail arms and tired eyes. My body was unsuited for its age, like a diseased child.

It was fit to say I looked like a delicate growing boy, one which aroused feelings of pity. The only thing worthy of mentioning was my member down below. It had grown irregularly large, much more than my previous tool.

Today was also the day when my first school session would begin. It made little sense for kindergarten to last so long, only for it to suddenly skip to school when I reached adulthood.

I had long since given up on finding any semblance of logic in this world, but I knew this sudden series of changes was just a domino effect waiting to be triggered.

“Brother, are you awake?”

Dolores called me outside my room. We had promised to go together to school. These past few years, my family had acted with more composure. Though Dolores and Mara still held the same fanatic feeling they had for me, their actions were still similar, but they seemed less desperate… or maybe content was the correct word.

The bond of a family, of a mother, son and daughter; it was part of the reason I had begun to trust them so much. I didn’t know the reason for this change, but I optimistically believed that there was still hope for this world.

“Coming.” I sluggishly replied before getting up from the hardened bed. With a few stretches and a change of clothes, I was ready in my new uniform. I opened the door, only to be greeted by a sister who was still waiting.

She had grown taller than me, not to mention more beautiful. Her eerie silver eyes now had a mysterious charm to them. Accompanied with her dynamite body, she would’ve been the dream girl of many boys in my old world.

“What are you looking at? Let’s get going.”

I nodded “yeah.” The words came out unenthusiastically, but I was still happy to see her.

She cheerfully smiled at me before dragging me along. As we headed to the gloomy kitchen, Mara stood there, cooking up our breakfast.

“Oh, good morning Dolores, Isaac. Glad to see you have woken up in time.”

She looked the same as she used to, untouched by the sands of times. The same silky hair, the same voluptuous body, and the same seductress smile. The only difference being the lack of her fervent looks. She seemed normal at first glance, which I preferred more than her older self.

“” Good morning, mother."" Both Dolores and I replied as I got into our respective seats. We started eating our toast and eggs.

“Aren’t you excited about your first day, Isaac?” asked Mara.

I gave an uncomfortable smile, “not really.”

She kept silent, knowing the reason for my reply. The atmosphere grows quiet for a second, but then suddenly Dolores spoke up.

“Don’t worry, brother, I will be there to protect you. Even if we aren’t in the same class, you can always come to your big sis for help.” She righteously announced before giving a staunch stare.

My indolent expression broke out into a warm smile. I gave my sister a hug. Moments like these made me treasure my family. They truly cared for me.

I parted with her only to see her old manic smile for a split second, but within a blink of an eye, she was acting like a flustered maiden. Was I mistaken? Were my eyes playing tricks on me?

“Thank you,” I said while throwing that thought out of the window.

It wasn’t that she hadn’t aroused my suspicion, but rather, it was as if I forced myself to still be capable of trusting others.

“Y-you’rre w-wellcome” she sheepishly replied.

Mara was staring at the scene with her motherly smile, but her gaze began to feel unnerving.

“Kids, you need to get going. Otherwise, you’ll be late for school.” Mara nagged us. We agreed before getting a move on.

“Wait, before you go.” Mara stopped us before we headed out of the door. She brought me closer to her, her floral scent tickled my nose. Her lips closed in, giving a wet smooch on my cheek.

“Take care,” she said with a lovable smile and hugged me before letting go.

Times like these made me feel like I was truly cared for. Only my family was there to look out for me. I didn’t feel that uncertain about my school anymore. Whatever comes in my way, I felt prepared to deal with it with their support.

After giving one last glance to my mother, we both left off.

104