Chapter 2. Denki Kaminari
15k 33 284
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Denki Kaminari; one of the characters in Boku no hero academia. He was not showcased much in the show outside of throwing a joke or two, and acting brain dead when using his power. Denki had one move; indiscriminate shocking. That was it, who has that as their one move and gets in 1-A? I took a look at the time and saw it was five minutes to eight. I took a look at these thunderbolt PJ’s and immediately took them off. I had a slightly different style than the original Denki; wherever he was.

 

I put on some jeans, a black T-shirt with a lightning bolt down the center ‘Man this kid sure liked the lightning imagery’ and black jacket. I like dark colors, sue me. I slowly open my door to see a mostly empty single bedroom apartment. I was confused yet sad again. ‘Where are Denki’s…? Oh… I can guess from all this sadness. I really am all alone in the truest sense of the word. Both body and soul have nobody that knows either.’

 

I thought I already cried everything out, but I was proven wrong. Combination of two soul’s grief cannot be gone in one day I guess. I was depressed. I didn’t want to do anything; I wanted to wallow in self pity, but I couldn’t. For me, once I run out of tears I can no longer grieve, not that I don’t want to. However I can no longer focus on all of my sadness without the tears to go with it.

 

‘How could this kid five years younger than my age deal with the trauma of losing both parents, but manage to be the most happy-go-lucky in the class? Probably the same way I’m gonna deal with my grief; ignore it for other things to think about.’ Although I couldn’t rule out him short circuiting himself to dumb down his grief, and now that I was thinking about it. ‘Your young and come with a way of forgetting/ dumbing down yourself to get rid of your sadness. It’s a tempting offer if I’m being honest, but I refuse to forget those of my world. I will not forget the good, to make the sadness of it being gone, lessen. This grief is proof of my existence.’

 

With some new determination I decide to look over the apartment for any clues of money for food, and rent. After a bit of digging through my stockpile of mail, I have figured out that both Denki’s parents died a little over a month ago. They had a health insurance policy taken out for quite a bit of money, however most of it could not be touched until Denki was an adult. The money that could be spent was a monthly budget that was automatically sent for the rent, and the rest was given to Denki for food/other things.

 

“I have to say, it is strange that they trust a kid not to blow all his money without a guardian. I guess some things about this universe don’t abide by the same rules I have lived in.” ‘I had a good amount of cash, so I didn’t have to worry about food, or shelter. That leaves the future, I guess that means going to UA Highschool. Because what kid didn’t dream of being a hero when they grew up. I lost that before I came here, but maybe this body’s subconscious is affecting me for the fact that when I think about being a hero my heart starts to race with a smile creeping up on my face.

284