Chapter 5. Midoriya
12.7k 29 284
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While thinking about the space time continuum my train of thought breaks with a “U-umm… hello?” Looking at where the voice was coming from I noticed while thinking of what to do my pace quickened and now I’m right by who I thought it was. Midoriya was looking at me while still jogging with what looked to be a computer from the early 2000’s. ‘Ok play this cool, he doesn’t know I know. Just make up a friendly conversation.’ “Oh hello, sorry I was kinda off in my own world.” I say with a twinge of sadness thinking about the truth behind that statement.

 

“Oh I-I-I’m sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt your concentration.” He says, shaking his head at an incredible speed. “No it’s fine, don't even worry about it. I could use a friend to take my mind off of things. What are you running with that thing for anyway?” “Frie- umm… I’m cleaning the beach for tr-training.” He seemed to be surprised at what I said with either me calling him a friend, or taking interest in him. 

 

“Oh I’m training too, not as much strength training as that, but I’m working on endurance.” I say as I notice I’m not really tired at all. I mean I feel like I could jog like this indefinitely. I was never athletic before, but maybe in this universe everyone is just built tougher.

 

While thinking about that I noticed Midoriya started talking to me again. “Are you okay?” He says, looking at me wearily. “Are you?” I say looking back at him with a small smirk on my face. “W-what do you mean by th-that?” He says, looking away. “Well, in my experience everyone is a little bit unwell. Why do you care about mine above your own?” Just as I said that I had a sense of Deja vu. He speaks back with a much firmer voice. “Because a hero always puts others before himself. That’s what makes a hero great!”

 

I took a step back at that. I knew I heard that before. ‘Was that what the other me was talking about? Putting myself before others? Becoming a hero and using my knowledge of the future to help all of class 1-A. Make them become better heroes to save more people? If that is true, how do I go about it? Having insight into someone else's quirk as soon as I meet them will out me, for knowing things I shouldn’t.’

 

Shaking my thoughts away I look back to Midoriya “Then I know you’ll make a great hero soon.” He gains a stupid grin while looking down. “Thank you…” He says under his breath wetness in his eyes. “What school are you enrolling in?” I say, trying to change the subject. “I’m going to UA to learn in the best hero school around!” He says, full of vigor. ‘Man this kid’s emotions are everywhere.’ “Well what kind of quirk do you have?” He stops with his eyes darting around everywhere, yet somehow never looking at me. “U-umm…” He stammers thinking of what to stay. Before he can find his words I cut him off.

 

“It’s ok, don't want to give away what your quirk is to any competition.” He looks at me with surprise, but also a little guilt. ‘We’ve known each other for less than an hour and you feel guilty about lying to me. All Might really made the right choice for his protégé, this kid’s heart gives gold a run for its money.’ “Well since you're so smart can you give me some tips on how to use mine?” ‘With this I can give him the idea of spreading the power over his entire body early’

 

He looks back at me quizzingly, while I activate my electricity, and it arcs around my fingertips. “Now I won't tell you exactly what my quirk is, because I don’t want to give you too much of an advantage on our test, but what do you think?” He was first shocked at me revealing I was applying in the same place, then started to mumble to himself. 

 

I couldn’t quite make out all he was saying but I’m glad we were able to take our minds off of our troubles if not for a moment. Midoriya breaks out of his thought process looking back at me. His face turns into one of worry then determination. “It looks like your quirk is making electricity. If you can’t control where it goes then you have to touch the person you want to shock them, or risk shocking everything around you indiscriminately.

 

“Correct my green haired friend!” I say with a big smile on my face “However, you may wanna stand back for this.” We both stop, and I move away from him while he puts his computer down. “Now it is true that I can release all of the charge I have in one go, but…” I say while arcing electricity in my fingertips as it slowly goes up the rest of my arm. “I’m learning control over it so I can use electricity all over my body.” The sparks start fizzling out.

 

“It’s hard to have the power output the way I want it, while moving it all over my body. But that is the fun of quirks seeing how far you can push it to its limits.” I say with a grin; happy of my hard work paying off. Midoriya stares at me with an expression of wonder, and awe at the idea of using quirks in ways he didn’t think of. He starts mumbling about the balance of power to keep it around my body while not letting it get out of hand. I start to laugh and he looks at me with embarrassment. “Never think you understand your quirk, the moment you do is when it stops surprising you with new ways to use it.” 

284