Chapter 6. Progress
11.7k 21 268
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After meeting with Midoriya I left him saying we’ll meet again at UA, or perhaps while training. I went home while training control over my whole body. I was getting better at it. I could get it on my arms and legs. Center of mass, and my head was the problem. I was mostly afraid of stopping my heart rather than it being hard to have electricity there, and when I was using it on my head sometimes my vision would be all bright. 

 

However despite all of that I was making steady progress in my training. A few days I could change the voltage I was using and keep it that way, it's a little like grip strength now that I have a feel for it. I could make the voltage on one part of my body lower or higher than another part as long as the current wasn’t too close to each other like individual fingers, but the left and right hand could. 

Whenever I use electricity all around my body my hair stands up and electrical arcs dance across every part of my body. I affectionately call this 2nd gear; it boosts my speed of movement while also making nobody able to touch me. Best part about it is I look like a super Saiyan when it's on. Back to a more serious topic I’m finding out the limit to how much power I can use. My body is constantly making more of it even in the act of discharge; sort of like mana in rpg’s. The original Denki either used so little it never was less than 90%, or used it all to 0% with no middle ground. 

 

So with 2nd gear the amount that my body generates helps off-set the drain, but it still runs my battery down. I can hold it for about an hour before feeling side effects of low charge. What do I mean? Well original Denki just kept going to 0% turning himself stupid, and unable to think of anything. With anything less than 30% charge I find myself acting a lot more rashly and without a filter. It’s a lot like being tipsy, except without loss of motor control. The less charge I have the less I can stop myself from losing control of my emotions.

 

I nearly had a breakdown of crying when I got to 10%. After my emotions cleared up I immediately added rechargeable batteries on the list of tools for my hero costume. Because as it turns out I can charge myself on DC power. I never tried AC because I still want to live, at least at the moment. However just like rechargeable batteries the less power I have the less I can charge myself with outside sources. Think of it like this, charging myself with 50% charge is fast and effective. However, starting to charge at 20% and below; my body rejects it. Probably a safety for not electrocuting myself, but I don't know.

 

In any case, over the summer I have gotten more skilled at controlling electricity, I have become more fit to increase my speed in 2nd gear, and I have completed my idea for my hero costume, and tools. I’m still thinking of new ways to use electric moves but I’ve been blocked from thinking of ideas. Hopefully Midoriya has been thinking about my quirk in his pass time in ways I haven’t thought. It’s always to get a second opinion about things like these, there is no instruction manual. However I think I am ready to go back to Highschool.

268