Chapter 7. Entrance Exams
11.5k 18 277
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing in front of the entrance of the school I was amazed at how massive it was. I grew up in America with public schools, where you would be lucky to have not have over 5 pieces of gum under the seat. ‘This place is a freaking palace.’ I thought to myself until something hit me from behind. As I fell down, until  for some reason I stopped. I looked around to see a young girl with a beaming smile looking at me, and someone else. I looked at the person who was mid-fall as well only to recognize his signature green curly hair.

 

The girl introduced herself. “It would have been bad luck to have you both fall down right before the exams.'' She said with one of the most sincere looking smiles I have seen since Midoriya’s. Speaking of him. “I-I’m so sorry I wasn’t lo…” He stops talking as soon as he realizes it was me he ran into. I give him a 2 fingered salute. “Yo” Then I turn back over to Uraraka. “Thanks for the help, my friend, and I are very nervous. Good thing we still have our luck thanks to you. My name is Denki Kaminari by the way.” I hold my hand out to give her a handshake and she responds in kind. We shake hands and I leave early to give those two some alone time for a proper hello.

 

On my way inside I hear someone running behind me, once they catch up to me they slow down to my pace. I look and see Midoriya looking at me a bit flushed. “I left early so you two could talk.” He jumped a little when I said that his face was getting even more flushed. “W-We d-did, and she’s re-really nice, b-but she said she didn't want to be late.” He finished a little dejectedly, looking down with his head hung low. “Well don’t worry about it too much, I'm sure you two will be best friends.” I said, giving a little chuckle. ‘Man I almost forgot these are all kids experiencing relationships for the first time. Not like I can judge though, I have only had one serious girlfriend in the past.’ “Y-yea I hope so.” He says with a small smirk.

 

We continue to talk until we go to the writing exam, and I must say this is less of an exam, and more of a personality quiz, mixed with psychological screening. I mean the rest of the questions were pretty basic math, basic laws, most of which I had to guess, but I always picked the answers that made the most logical sense. History is where I bombed, I mean my soul either traveled to the future, or a different dimension. I think I did well enough on the writing portions, probably better than the original Denki did. 

After that first test I was herded to the same room as Midoriya for the practical portion. I sat next to him and gave him a tap on the shoulder. He was surprised, yet happy to see me. We talked about the written test, and how well each of us thought we did. Until our conversation was interrupted with a “WELCOME TO TODAY’S LIVE PERFORMANCE, EVERYBODY SAY ‘HEYY’” Midoriya was geeking out at president Mic. I for one thought he was too loud, but when Midoriya was being called out by Ida is when I stood up. “Woah calm down, my friend is just excited to see some of the faculty and how prestigious this school is. He is not trying to distract anyone as much as you calling him out on it.”

 

He falters with a look of surprise and shame of distracting from a lesson and sits down; as do I. Midoriya looks at me with sparkling eyes. ‘I see this poor kid has never had someone stand up for him. I swear I’m gonna take Bakugo down a peg or two.’ Precedent Mic. goes back to his speech to explain how to gain points, and the 0 point bot. After the meeting we all head to the test location. On our way Midoriya was thanking me for about half of the way. Once it was all out of his system I pat him on the back, and say. “Really it’s not that big a deal, I just point out hypocrisy when I see it. That guy stopped the whole speech just to say you mumbling was disrupting.” I shake my head. “Well nevermind about that, you can show him, and the rest of examinees that you have what it takes to win this right?” I say with a smile.

 

He sadly smiles, and looks down. “I’m not sure I can…” I give him a light tap on his arm. “Then what was all that training for? I worked hard everyday, knowing if I didn’t you would pass me in a heartbeat. Are you saying all my training was for naught?” His head shoots up with surprise, and worry as he yells. “No, of course not! I’m sure your training will let you take first!” “Then you can’t be far behind me. Be confident, do what a hero does, and trust in yourself, and your quirk.” I say with a smile before heading off to the front of the group.

277