Chapter 8. History in the Making
10.9k 29 264
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘I don’t think 2nd gear is required for this; try my hardest and help anyone in a tight spot. Shock the larger ones as just touching results in an instant kill. Find clusters and take them out one by one, don’t want to blow my charge on being needlessly flashy.’ Precedent Mic. shouts that it is time to start. I run in front of most of the group; some like Ida that come with mobility I can’t outrun. 'The rest I guess never thought to work out, and train for this; just relying on their quirks to pull them through. Probably why Mineta was able to get in. Moderate amount of stamina to keep running the whole test long will be a big boon.'

 

I go off on my own to be surrounded by one 3 pointer and two 2 pointers. I dodge the close together 2 pointer attacks and manage to touch both of them sizzling their motherboards in under a second. I had to hide behind one of the 2 pointers' bodies to avoid a missile from the 3 pointer, but as it got closer I slid under it and grabbed one of its legs as I was done, and shocked it. I won’t bore you with much more as they mostly went like that. The 1 pointers were even easier; like taking points from a baby. 

 

As I was finishing clearing out some 1 pointers I found a few other examinees fighting a 3 point bot. Looking at that I was tempted to steal it from under them but I had a good amount of points stockpiled. I was looking around for any unoccupied bots ready to kill, but couldn’t find any. ‘In that case I might as well help out others on my way to the big show.’ I moved to the biggest district with the most people and while fighting off the occasional 1 point bot; I was mostly waiting, and helping. 

 

Then I heard the loudest sound I have ever heard in my entire existence. (can’t say life because I’m fairly certain this is my second) I shot my head towards the direction of the noise. ‘Man even though I knew what it was, it is a whole other thing seeing it in front of you.’ I immediately took off towards it with a grin plastered on my face. Half because I was about to see something awesome, and the other half even I didn’t know. As I was running I looked ahead to see a certain green haired hero staring at it. Then down at Uraraka. After that he took off faster than I thought he ever could without ‘One For All’.

 

As soon as he jumped I could feel the wind pressure against my whole body, and my grin grew even wider. “Go get em Izuku.” I said under my breath. “SMASHHHH!” ‘Man that kid’s got lungs.’ I thought as I ran to Uraraka and helped get some rubble off of her. She didn’t even notice as her eyes were firmly glued to Midoriya with a slight blush. I grinned so hard my face started to hurt, but I didn’t care. This was the start of the greatest hero, and I got front row seats. He screamed as he fell, and Uraraka was able to catch him, at the cost of losing her breakfast. 

 

I rubbed her back to help with what was happening. “Thank you for saving my friend.” I said in a lower tone, and a quivering voice. I was confused until I felt an itch around my eye. When I rubbed it I noticed tears. ‘Oh I’m crying. Why? On some level was I scared of losing my first friend since coming here?’ I didn’t know, but I did know I had heartfelt gratitude for her helping. She just nodded as she was focused on herself, more than my tears of either sadness, or gratitude.

Midoriya was weeping at losing his one chance of being a hero, just yelling. “One point, just one point!” While using his only unbroken appendage to move on the ground, until I stood in front of him. He looked up with tears in his eyes, to see mine. He was pleading at me to give him advice with his eyes. I looked back at him, kneeled down with sadness in my eyes. Seeing him in so much pain yet still trying his hardest. I gave the best smile I could with a tear running down my eye and said. “You are a hero in the truest sense of the word.” Then he passed out in front of me.

264