Chapter 9. Aftermath
10.3k 17 253
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After he was out the alarm went off to designate that the exam was over. By my estimation I got about 50 points from the bots, so hero points on top should push me to around 7th or 8th place. Plenty of points for 1-A. I wiped one last tear, and took note I had most of my charge left, so this wasn’t because my filter was weak. It hit too close to home for me to not at least shed some tears. At least I wasn’t a blubbering mess. Everyone came up, and started asking questions about his quirk. Knowing I was his friend they were trying to get insight on how he could be that powerful.

 

I didn’t say anything, and just sat next to my friend waiting for recovery girl. Until someone said something that caught my attention. “Are you ok?” I looked back at Uraraka who was giving me a worried gaze similar to Midoriya. ‘Man those two are just perfect for each other.’ “Yea I was just worried about my friend getting permanently injured.” I said avoiding the topic of death before I started crying again. She shook her head. “I understood that, but do you not know?” She asked while pointing at me, or more specifically a piece of metal protruding out from my left shoulder blade.

 

I yelped looking at it. ‘When did it even get there? Why didn’t I notice it?.... Why doesn’t it hurt?’ I slowly looked around seeing recovery girl was taking care of Midoriya. Looking at that I knew I was up next and wanted to test something. I pulled it out and felt a dull throb now that it was gone. Uraraka gasped, and yelled that I was bleeding a lot. Recovery girl hurried over and kissed my cheek. Soon after the dull throb was gone and I felt tired. I felt my charge was still the same, so at least it didn’t take any, or much of it. I thanked her for healing my friend, and I. She gave me some candy, told me to take better care of myself, and walked off. ‘Reminds me of my own grand… no stop thinking about that now, I can’t cry much more today.’

 

Keeping my mind occupied I decided to think about how I felt no pain. ‘Was it adrenaline? The universe having different rules? How does that last one eve…’ Then it hit me. ‘Pain is a response in the brain. From the nervous system to the brain, and even inside the brain are electrical signals. I think I turned off pain even through my nerves or directly in my head. If it is my head then I might be able to…’ My thoughts were derailed with a clapping sound by my ear. I instinctively turn my head to see Uraraka looking back at me.

 

“Are you ok?” She says with a serious expression. “Yea I just figured something out about my quirk.” She looks at all the people leaving the testing area, and Midoriya on a stretcher with a sad look in her eyes. “Do you want to give him some of your points?” I ask knowing she would, and to be honest if it was allowed I would give him mine two. ‘I want to go with her to give some of my points. If anyone deserves to be a hero he is that person, and I want to let him know that I feel that way.’

 

She perked up and looked at me. “Do you think we can!?” I looked back at her with a grin. “I don’t want to go to a hero school that doesn’t have the most heroic person in it.” She turns away blushing, probably replaying Midoriya rescuing her in her head. We head back to the campus, and find the teacher’s room. When we were asked what we wanted Uraraka spoke up saying that Midoriya sacrificed time, and his body to save her and that she would like to give some of her points to compensate. Then they looked at me. 

 

“My friend is, was, and always will be the most heroic person I know. He deserves to be in the best place for him to grow. Give him my points as well, He has done more than enough to deserve them.” Everyone stared at me without making a sound for a few seconds. Precedent Mic. stood up, walked over to us, and placed a hand on each of our heads. He looked at both of us with a knowing smile. “Now unfortunately I can’t do that, but rest assured. There will be no need to borrow points. Now go on, I'm sure you don’t want to be late for dinner.” Uraraka, and I both smiled, and thanked him as we left.

253