Chapter 10. Testing
9.8k 20 252
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After saying goodbye to Uraraka I head off home. Never thought I would be calling it that, but after spending months there, training there, sleeping there, crying there it is a place that I can honestly call home. Walking in through the door to my room I take off my clothes in exchange for some new ones, and sit on my bed. 

 

‘Well if I am right about pain resistance being true, and I can stop pain with my quirk I don’t really want to test it. So let's think about something else. Is it possible to change things in my brain with my quirk? If so, how? Is it even safe?’ “Well no use just theory crafting. I have a week until my letter arrives. Let's start training.” First step is to control my arms with just my quirk. It’s a really weird feeling, let me tell you, but it is necessary to make sure I don’t kill, or brain damage myself. By tomorrow night I could use my hand to play the guitar I had, and somehow knew how to play.

 

I guess this body had that down so well I learned how to play normally, then transitioned into training nerve control. Which is a good name for it now that I think about it. “Alright if I’m correct then I should be able to see better in the dark.” The testing I was doing was applying electricity to my eyes to hopefully get the effect that cats, or other certain animals have with light amplification in the eyes. If the electricity can help this will be the first step to 3rd gear. Since it was night already I decided to test out my theory.

 

Slowly and carefully sending a constant amount of electricity to one eye, because if this does fail I at least want one eye to see. I used my right eye as, it was my non-dominant one. A small amount of current was pushed through and I was starting to  see better actually. Then a sharp pain like I was being stabbed in my own retina. I turned off the electricity, closed both my eyes, and put my hand against the right one as if it would dull the pain. ‘I don’t get it? I should have pain resistance. I haven’t tested it so I don’t know if it’s always on or not. If it is on and I’m still feeling this, I don’t even want to Imagine what it would normally feel like.’

 

After about 30 minutes of howling in pain, and yes I was getting close to calling 119, the pain was unbearable. I slowly opened my eyes to see that the room felt bright again. I got up to turn the lights back off, but realized they already were. “But I’m not running electricity through my right eye anymore.” ‘If the room looks this bright then what will I see if I turn the lights back on? Better wait until all the pain is gone before I check.’

 

After waiting another 30 minutes the pain was all gone and I summoned the courage to turn the lights back on. I felt like I was staring at the sun from a few feet away. I immediately closed my right eye, and it felt much better. “Great, now I gotta live in darkness for the rest of my life. Should I wear an eyepatch? No, just gotta get used to being in the light." I turned off the room lights, and made my way over to the lamp on my desk. After turning it on I looked away to a darker corner of the room. Getting used to that light level didn’t take long. I kept having to look at brighter and brighter things for another 30 minutes.

 

I was finally able to turn my room lights back on and not feel blinded. Taking a look down toward my phone to check the time, I noticed something in my reflection. I turned the selfie cam on and took note of my right eye changing color. “This has 8th grader syndrome all over it.” I sighed at my new red right eye. “Perfect, I’m tempted to just make the left eye like that as well just so I don’t look like an early life crisis, but that hurt way too much to do again.” I sighed as I got dressed for bed.

 

Turning off the lights to notice my vision was tuned to it almost instantly attuned to it. Flipping the light back on no longer blinded me, at least no more than usual. I sighed in relief as I turned the lights back off, and went to bed. 

252