Chapter 38. Heart To Heart
6.4k 6 177
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was still early lunch, but I wasn’t hungry. Charging myself up at the outlet I kept thinking back to what I said. ‘When I get low on power I’m beginning to think, both Denki’s and Mine emotions are amplified together. Ugh I don’t think I can look anyone in the eyes after today.’ After some time I heard the door creak open. I looked to see Deku looking at me with worry. “Don’t worry I’ve stabilized, I won’t be running to attack Endeavor… at least not at the moment.” He comes in, and closes the door behind him. He slowly walks over to me and sits in a chair across from me.

 

“I-is that why you screamed about losing things back when the villains attacked us?” I looked up at the ceiling to avoid his gaze. “Yea…” “Was it before I met you?” I chuckled softly. “Right before… less than a month.” He gasped. “I-I’m sorry I didn’t notice.” I smiled weakly at his apology. “Naw, you noticed my sad face the moment you saw me. You just didn’t believe yourself enough to do anything about it. We’ve all had our hardships in life, I’m no different from anyone else. I know people have it better, but I also know people have it worse. It’s not a contest, and some are better at dealing with hardships than others. I live my life the best I can, and help others to not suffer more than they have to. I like my life, and I wouldn’t switch it for anyone else's, but the lower my battery gets, the less I can control myself.”

 

While talking a few last tears were heading down, but I was trying to smile nonetheless. “I always wanted a younger brother. I know that will never happen now, so I started seeing some of the people in class as younger brothers. Hearing about Todoroki’s…” I was about to say when my hair started going up, and arcing. “Problems. It felt like… I can’t even compare. I just wanted it to be a lie, but I knew it wasn’t. And I know that he is hurting much more than I can fathom, but can’t express it, and I don’t know how or if I can help him.”

 

I looked back down at Deku, he was just silent with his palms on his lap looking down. “It’s almost time for us to be on the field. I’ll see you there.” I say while opening the door. I heard squeaking when I did. ‘I thought this door didn’t squeak? Whatever, I have to focus. I’ve got 40%. Hopefully I get just like the show, and get the third fight for me to charge up.’ 

 

What I didn’t know was that squeaking wasn’t from the door. There was Momo with her hand on her mouth and some tears welling in her eyes. behind a trash can in the opposite direction I was walking. Making it out to the field I saw Shinso, and met up with him hitting him on the shoulder. “See what I mean? With your quirk you can be an amazing hero. Look how far you got. I think you're the only general studies student here.” He smirked looking down, and scratched the back of his head. “Thanks, I might have been a little more abrasive toward others if you hadn’t helped me.”

 

I smiled “Don’t worry about it. Just try your hardest, even if you don’t win I know smart heroes will pine for you. Good luck on your matches.” I gave him one last pat on the shoulder before leaving. “If I don’t face you that is.” He snarkily says. “Nobody does.” He used his ‘body controlling’ on me for that last comment while leaving. I counter with nerve control, and flick him on the forehead to let me go. He sighs and lets me go. “Your quirk really is cheating. I wish I had a quirk like that.” I chuckle “Well I’ve learned to work with what I’ve got. Things aren't fair, and people will treat you wrong with prejudice, but when they see what you truly are. Nobody can say anything different.”

177