Chapter 53 – Unexpected End
2.2k 11 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“OOH, LOOK AT THEM!! THE NEXT BATCH HAS ARRIVED AT THE 2ND BARRIER TOO! THEY SEEM TO TAKE IT RATHER SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING THAT THE LEAD HAD ARRIVED AT THE 3RD BARRIER!!”

“Tch, I need to step up the gear!” Bakugou uses a bigger explosion as his thruster. His speed increased as a result, but he’s visibly struggling to keep his speed.

While Todoroki on the other hand, freezing the rope and skated on top of it at a high speed.

Midoriya could be seen struggling in the 2ndBarrier as he doesn’t have any means to cross the small island. He could control One for All for a little for now, but he couldn’t control t precisely. If he is trying to jump from island to island, he was sure that he will make a mistake and fall instead.

That’s why Midoriya opted to cling to the rope and cross the obstacle slowly but surely.

***

‘I said let’s finish this, but should I jump across the landmine? To be honest, being in the first place will get me in trouble at cavalry so I want to avoid it. Umu, let’s sit here and wait for someone to cross it.’

I decided to wait in front of the landmine obstacle. I sit with the obstacle behind me while I look in the direction of the 2ndBarrier, waiting for Todoroki or Bakugou to pass me.

“WHAT IS SHE DOING? NAKIRI SIT ON THE GROUND RIGHT BEFORE THE 3rd BARRIER!! THIS IS UNEXPECTED!”

I could hear the spectators inside the stadium were puzzled and questioned my behavior. Why’d I sat right before the last barrier? I bet everyone was questioning it.

I waited for a minute and I could see Bakugou and Todoroki approaching me. Nice, now go to the finish line! Take that 1st place!

I stood up when they almost reach me. I could see Todoroki and Bakugou frowned when they see me.

“HEEYY WHITE HAIR B*STARD!! WHY ARE YOU WAITING FOR US IN THIS PLACE! ARE YOU F*CKING UNDERESTIMATE US?! HAAA??!!” Bakugou shouted loudly which make me flinched a bit because of the volume. His voice was even louder than Present Mic, I wonder if he actually has a quick similar to Present Mic?

Todoroki didn’t say anything but from his expression, I know that he’s thinking the same as Bakugou. They looked at me as they passed me, entering the 3rd Barrier.

“Yes, I am.” I muttered in a low voice as I turned towards the finish line. With my enhanced hearing, I could hear a few shouts and footsteps of the next batch approaching from the 2nd Barrier. I stood still and waited for them to enter the landmine.

Midoriya was the 3rd one who passed me while asking. “Nakiri-san?! What are you doing?!!” He didn’t stop running though so I didn’t answer him and just waved at him.

“TODOROKI AND BAKUGOU ARE COMPETING FOR THE FIRST PLACE!! WE STILL DIDN’T KNOW WHY NAKIRI SUDDENLY STOPPED BUT THE NEXT BATCH OF COMPETITORS HAVE ARRIVED!”

Present Mic's announcement didn’t mean anything and I keep stood still. It’s not the time yet.

One by one they pass me while looking at me weirdly.

“THEY HAVE ENTERED THE 3rd BARRIER!! BAKUGOU AND TODOROKI ARE IN THE LEAD, WITH MIDORIYA RIGHT BEHIND THEM!!”

Reiko especially looked at me like she was looking at something strange. But she kept running towards the 3rd Barrier without stopping. They must’ve never thought that I will stop at the last course and let them pass me.

I heard a lot of booms and I could hear Present Mic's voice through the speaker.

“TODOROKI HAS CROSSED THE FINISH LINE!! WHO IN THE WORLD COULD GUESS THAT HE WILL EXPLODE THE MINE TO DISTURB BAKUGOU!! AIZAWA, YOUR CLASS IS INSANE!!”

“Well then, I think it’s time.”

“TODOROKI SHOTO!! YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT NAME!! THE SON OF ENDEAVOR HAS FINISHED FIRST IN THE PRELIMINARY!!”

I could see the finish line, and there is no one around me. The way to the finish line also secured because a lot of landmines were exploded when Todoroki and Bakugou passed earlier.

When I saw Bakugou and Midoriya crossed the finish line, I used my movement technique and managed to cross the finish in the 4thplace.

“WOOW!! NAKIRI HAS DISAPPEARED AND SHE SUDDENLY CROSSED THE FINISH LINE IN AN INSTANT!! AS EXPECTED YOUR CLASS IS REALLY INSANE AIZAWA!! HOW COULD SHE CROSS THAT DISTANCE IN A BLINK OF AN EYE!”

I look around and saw the reaction of the spectators are greater compared to when Todoroki finished in the first place.

“That kid is insane! She could finish in the first place if she did that without waiting for the other competitors.”

“No, if she did that, she will definitely hit a landmine. She could move that fast because the landmines were decreased and a path was created.”

“I see, that’s true.”

The spectators voicing out their opinion about me waiting before the landmines. Well, that’s not true though, I just want to avoid being in the first place.

I feel a stare and bloodlust directed at me and turned to look at it. I saw Bakugou staring at me with bloodshot eyes before he turned to Todoroki and stare at him too. But, before long he looked down at the ground while clutching on his arm.

“Damnit!! Again, goddamnit!!” His body shaking uncontrollably because of his anger towards himself.

“Ojou~ you managed to finish in 4th place?” I hear Toga from behind and look at her skipping towards me.

“Umu.” I nodded my head. “And what about you?”

“Hehehehe.” Toga made a peace sign with her hand and said. “I finished in 8th place! Your friend Reiko managed to finish in 9thplace, right behind me.”

“Hou, that’s awesome. You managed to finish earlier than most of the hero department.” I honestly praised Toga for finishing earlier than most of my classmates.

“Right~ By the way, Ojou. Why did you stop right before the last obstacle? I seriously think that you could finish first if you want to, can you tell me~?”

“Suddenly I lost my motivation and want to sit. You must’ve felt like that sometimes right? Haa-” I crossed my arms and let out a sigh. I could feel a lot of stares directed at me, that’s why I made an excuse in an instant.

Toga, who understand me the best crossed her hand and nodded her head repeatedly as she answered. “That’s true!”

“””AS IF!!”””

The crowd of students who wanted my answer shouted together.

What, are you practicing how to shout together?



Author Here~

More than 50 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Executive!!
- Anton Kozlov

Also Big Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- omar amurrio
- Orion Chung
- Victor Gonzalez

84