Chapter 19
1.1k 5 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the old men made preparations to descend to the mortal realm, Lin Feng and Mei Lin arrived at the southern territory. Lin Feng could tell that the northern and southern kingdoms were different. While the northern kingdom was warm, the south was cold. Indeed it was as Lin Feng discovered, the southern territory had an overabundance of the ice element. In contrast, the northern kingdom had an overabundance of the fire element, that was not to say they lacked other elements, they existed, only in little quantities.

That's why in the northern territory, the cultivators that populated most parts of the kingdom were fire attribute cultivators, while the southern kingdom was majorly water attribute cultivators.

As they entered the southern kingdom, Mei Lin activated the stealth function of the boat as she didn't want to attract unnecessary attention. The boat descended in an open area, and they both got off.

Lin Feng didn't know where to go, so he left everything to fate and moved forward. Soon they arrived at an inn. Lin Feng figured they could get information and food simultaneously.

Lin Feng and Mei Lin stepped inside the inn, their entrance attracted some eyes, but the two didn't care much. Lin Feng spotted an empty table, and they went to take a seat. The innkeeper came and took their order, which was meat from a cultivation beast called the three eye bear. Lin Feng ordered the food simply because the name intrigued him, he had eaten a normal bear with two eyes, and it was quite the meal, so he figured the three-eyed bears must be better or different, Mei Lin, on the other hand, chose the three-headed bull for the same reason as Lin Feng.

Soon their meals arrived, Lin Feng's first impression of the meat was terrible. The fragrance was non-existent. He decided to taste it as he figured it might be the specialty of the meat. He took a bite, well, his nose was not deceiving him, the meat was dull, and eating felt like a chore, he had the impulse of spitting it out, but he restrained himself.

Mei Lin, on the other hand, knew not of such restraints. She directly spat out the meat in front of the innkeeper.

"What are you feeding us?" Mei Lin asked angrily.

The innkeeper was taken aback, was there an issue with the meat? He had personally prepared the dish as it was the most expensive meal in his restaurant.

"Esteemed customer, please calm down. If there is an issue, please state it clearly, and we can change the dish." The innkeeper spoke to Mei Lin politely to calm her anger.

"Master, please forgive my outburst." Mei Lin apologized to Lin Feng, noticing she had hurriedly become enraged.

"Don't bother." Lin Feng replied. He thought it was natural for Mei Lin to voice her complaints as the meat was terrible.

"The meat is horrible." Mei Lin told the innkeeper after she calmed down.

Hearing this, the innkeeper frowned. He could tell from Mei Lin's expression that she was not merely creating a scene. The innkeeper decided to taste the food, and it was as he expected, delicious as it is supposed to be. Then was the customer making a scene?

Mei Lin looked at the innkeeper expecting him to have the same reaction as her, but she was surprised to see him enjoying it.

"Esteemed customers, the food has no issues." The innkeeper said with a bit of anger. He figured the customers were probably from another inn, and they came to ruin his business.

Mei Lin was about to complain again, but Lin Feng stopped her.

"What about this?" Lin Feng asked the innkeeper while pointing at his food, the innkeeper tasted the food, and he said that, that too didn't have any issue.

The innkeeper felt like he was being played for a fool. It was then that he decided to check the other party's cultivation level base. He was shocked as he couldn't discover any aura fluctuations.

"This is a cultivators-only inn." When the innkeeper discovered the two were mortals, his initial respect was thrown out of the window.

"Also, you need to pay for the meal you have eaten. Otherwise, you can't leave." The innkeeper spoke with contempt.

Lin Feng was displeased with the innkeeper's sudden change in attitude, but he decided to let it go. When he asked him to taste his food earlier, he wanted to confirm a theory. The innkeeper was either used to bad food, or the food they usually ate was way too good.

Lin Feng took out ten high-grade spirit stones and placed them on the table. He then gestured for Mei Lin to follow him out.

While they were going out, the innkeeper suddenly stopped them.

"Customers, the meal was supposed to be twenty spirit stones. You've only paid half." The innkeeper spoke with evident greed on his face.

This was the first time Lin Feng was being scammed. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself before he spoke.

"Greed is a dangerous thing. Aren't you afraid of exploding from swallowing everything?" Lin Feng asked the innkeeper while taking out one hundred spirit stones and handed it to the innkeeper. He then gestured to the raging Mei Lin to follow him, and they walked out of the inn.

The innkeeper, on the other hand, had a troubled expression. He felt like he had done something he shouldn't have, like a great sin that would put demonic cultivators to shame

Suddenly a vast amount of Impure air rushed into his body.

"Not good." The innkeeper suddenly muttered to himself with panic all over his face.

Boom!

Suddenly there was a huge explosion sound followed by tiny chunks of flesh and bones splattering everywhere.

"My God, what the hell was that?" some people finally spoke up while vomiting at the gory mess.

"The innkeeper is dead?"

"Who killed him?"

"How was he killed?"

Questions after questions were asked, but none of them had the answer.

At the corner of the inn, a young boy was shocked. He had observed the whole exchange between the innkeeper and Lin Feng.

"What kind of technique was that? using words to kill people, is that still fair?" The boy muttered to himself. He heard when Lin Feng asked the innkeeper if he wasn't afraid of exploding from desires. He thought it was funny for a mortal to educate a cultivator but what happened made him re-evaluate Lin Feng.

He swore to himself never to underestimate any mortal or anybody at that, who knew if it was a great cultivator that he could not determine their cultivation base?

47