95 – Expose!
2k 4 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fan Geng, what are you doing here?" Zuiba asked in a suspicious tone.

"Ma! I have a plan to expose this quack doctor!" Fan Geng responded with certainty.

"Oh no you don't you little brat!"

"Ma, he's giving you weird medicine! I had it tested out at the lab, and the results are in. None of the ingredients in the pill has any special healing property! It's a complete scam."

"No duh,” Zuiba shook her head in annoyance. She already knew as she had helped to prepare some of the ingredients. “I only pay the cost of what it would cost out in the street. Not to mention it is especially verified by Doctor Li, so everything is legitimate!"

"Legitimate! Do you see this lab report?" Fan Geng showed her the sheet. "It's basically just ginger and ginseng. Basic stuff you can buy anywhere. Instead of trusting this quack doctor, you should go and finish your treatment."

"This is why I don't go to you for medical advice! You and your medicine and constant need to shoot everything with laser beams!"

"Not laser beam, targeted therapy!"

Li Yun let out an exasperated sigh, why was the son as loud as the mother?

"Doctor Li, Doctor Li! Don't listen to a word he said. He's still young and doesn't know how TCM works."

Li Yun gave an understanding nod.

"What's your name?" Li Yun asked.

"Fan Geng!"

"Do you have a problem with your mother working here or do you have a problem with her taking the pills?"

"Both!"

"Take your mother to the doctor next week and have an evaluation, if the cancer isn't cleared, have her finish the chemotherapy. As for working here, you can take her back. Ms. Bizi can work."

"Doctor Li! Please don't abandon me!” Zuiba pleaded. “It's so boring at home."

"Ma! What's wrong with watching your usual shopping shows online!?"

"You! You're the one who's always complaining that I spend too much money on them."

Fan Geng was about to go insane because of his mother's craziness. "Fine! I'll stay here to watch."

"I guess everything is settled with me," Li Yun left to let the duo fight.

Later in the evening, Bu Tao called him.

"Hey, I found something that may be related to the forgery scam,” Bu Tao said over the phone .

"Yeah, anything happened?" Li Yun recalled the monk Luba who had contacted him.

"Well, you're not going to believe this, but I heard there was a monk who was murdered in a nearby district. But I don't think it's the same one you saw based on the CCTV you gave me."

When Rouxi first mentioned to him about the monk who was following Wu Ling, he thought there was a possibility that it was a different monk. It was possible that the operation was a lot bigger than he thought.

"Did they find out who did it?" Li Yun asked.

"They are still searching."

"Aside from being a monk, how do you know it's a forgery scam?"

"There is a calligraphy scroll of Zhao Mengfu hidden in his boots, but the problem is, we have no idea if it's real or not."

"Seriously? A verified calligraphy from Zhao Mengfu is worth 250 million yuan. Did they contact an appraiser?"

"If it's a forgery, then it's a damn good one. Over half of the experts they had contacted said it may be real. The police had to send the scrolls in to get it tested, but some of them were against it as it would damage the piece."

"It's either a really good reproduction or it could be real."

"Yeah, they said that it was possible that the scroll and even the ink was authentic. If they were able to find someone who could reproduce the calligraphy, then it would be almost impossible to determine whenever it was fake or real."

After chatting with Bu Tao, Li Yun hung up. An organization that had that ability to forge calligraphy wasn't easy to handle. Anyone who dealt with high value artwork would also have connections to auction houses and wealthy clients.

Li Yun felt it was better to keep his distance. Even if he wanted to do something, what could he do? It wasn't like Qivi and spirit detection could fight an underground organization with deep pockets.

Inside the dining area, Li Yun poked at the lettuce head wedge with tomatoes, braised pork belly, and eggs in front of him. Rouxi said it was simple to make, that even he couldn't mess it up. But why did his salad taste bland? He ordered the pork belly, so it tasted fine, but the eggs were over-boiled, hard, and smelly.

It wasn't like Li Yun was a horrendous cook, but he didn't care much about the presentation or even taste. It was important to eat healthily and mix different types of food, but everything else wasn't important. Toss a bunch of things together and eat it, everything looked the same at the end anyway, down the toilet.

If the system had made it simpler to gain action points by cooking, he wondered if he would be a great chef? However, the path of the chef was extremely difficult. The simplest threshold wasn't something even a regular chef could achieve. It also got him thinking, was the system catered to a person's talent? If he had the talent to be a great chef, would the system lower the threshold? Instead of making a person cry, would it only require the person to be happy? While deep in thought, he felt the warm presence of someone covering his eyes.

"Guess who?" Asked a sweet voice.

Li Yun removed her hands from his eyes and placed them over his neck as he turned around and kissed her, not giving her a moment to respond.

"Yun, we're in the kitchen," Rouxi spoke out as she gasped for air and held onto his hands from moving further up.

After leaving a trail of kisses along her neck, Li Yun pulled back. "You're back early."

"Of course, I don't like being in Imperial City in the first place. Did you miss me?"

"Yes."

"Did you miss me or the food I was feeding you?"

"I can't say both?" He hugged her as she sat on his lap, wanting to kiss her again, but brushed his lips over her earlobe. "I miss you a lot more."

He felt her heart beating faster, but she pulled away.

"If you miss me, you could have watched me on my broadcast," Rouxi took out her phone to the stream she did yesterday.

He glanced at her in a bedroom somewhere in Imperial City. She was dressed in her pink donut pajamas, but he didn't like some of the comments on the screen.

"Can I make a request that you don't stream from your bedroom?" Li Yun didn’t like that other people could watch his girlfriend.

"But I made a lot of money from that broadcast,” she pouted.

He looked at her bedroom. Although it wasn't big, he could tell her step-parents were well off, "You don't need the money."

"I thought you said you don't mind me streaming."

"I do mind. I only said it's your decision. This is my only request."

"Doctor Li, are you jealous?" She asked in her usual teasing tone.

He was more than jealous, and he couldn't help but feel that she was doing it on purpose.

"All right, I'll stop," seeing that he was serious, Rouxi decided not to tease him anymore. She quickly took out a small scroll from her purse. "I bought you a gift."

Li Yun looked at the scroll and rolled it out to reveal a calligraphy and painting of a lotus root.

"It's an authentic Bian Shoumin's calligraphy?" Li Yun asked.

Li Yun could usually discern the differences between a fake and real calligraphy piece.

"Ah! My boyfriend is so smart."

"Why buy this all of the sudden?"

"Isn't it common to buy things after returning from a trip?"

It certainly was common, but not when the gift could be worth 60k yuan. He realized he knew less about her than he thought.

"Rouxi, what's your favorite color?" Li Yun suddenly asked.

"Rainbow."

"That's not a color."

"Yes it is! You're the one who said your favorite color is clear."

"Clear should be a color."

"And rainbow shouldn't?"

Li Yun rolled his eyes. "What type of music do you listen to?"

"Are you going to ask all night?"

"Until you feel sleepy, so? Music?"

"I love boy bands, girl bands, any type of bands. And then Yohan, the singer. See, I have a playlist on my ZZ account." Rouxi showed him her profile.

"Seriously, why do you listen to so much crap?"

"What crap!? You know it makes many, many people happy."

Li Yun laughed, she really was more normal than he gave her credit for.

61