Chapter 44: Hide & Seek
3.4k 10 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the 80th floor where the battle between Eliza and Dagon reside.

The monstrous Hydra went on a rampage, firing various elemental breaths in all directions, at the numerous clones of the Queen Alraune attacking him with her spells.

"[Frost Breath], [Fire Breath], [Sand Breath], [Storm Breath]!"

"[Bullet Seeds], [Lotus Bomb], [The Devouring One], [Timber Prison]!"

Clones of Eliza's were decimated left and right. Whereas Dagon kept taking damage, being the large target that he is in his Hydra form. Although not the wounds aren't serious enough for him to care, Dagon was still getting irritated that a mere flower could have damaged his proud body; the body of a dragon.

As a creature that started off at rock bottom as a snake, Dagon worked his way up the food chain which led him to evolve into a dragon as a result.

Proud of the result of his hard work, the Hydra who had not been named at the time, proceeded to trample on all that had once looked down on him. Whether they be monsters or people...

He became feared as a result and he was proud of that. Thinking he was the strongest creature alive.

That is... until he was humbled by his Master whom was the first to ever hurt the proud body of his.

In fear, yet in admiration of the one who'd bested him, Dagon pledged his undying loyalty to his Master and swore to fulfill any orders he would receive.

And thus, the last order he had received from his Master was as such:

Prevent the body of Sheila Frontier from leaving Loboros Labyrinth at any cost.

"Where are you, Queen Alraune!?" Dagon shouted furiously to the room.

It had been merely an hour since their battle had begun. However, in that hour, Dagon had already killed over 500 of Eliza's clones as they continued to emerge from the soils to attack. Infuriating Dagon greatly by utilising such cowardice tactics.

"She's clearly trying to buy time for the girl." Dagon thought while slaughtering the clones. "I must not waste anymore time and find her real body quickly."

Eliza's attacks went on without any rest. Countless seeds were fired to irritate the Hydra. Enormous tree trunks were grown to bind him in place. Several tree monsters were spawned to eat the breath attacks of his. And many explosive flowers were planted on him for bigger damage.

The battle was going well so far in her favour, Eliza thought. However, she knew that continuing at this rate was not possible.

"He has only used elemental breaths as his attacks. He should be using something else soon."

Eliza does not know of Dagon's stats. All that she knew was that he is stronger than her and that she is strong enough to hurt him, even by a bit.

《Appraisal Denied.》

《Appraisal Denied.》

《Appraisal Denied.》

"Dammit." Eliza cursed quietly as she had been trying to take a peek at her opponent's stats, ever since the start of their battle. But no matter how much she tried, the System would prevent her from doing so.

"Does he have some sort of skill that blocks Appraisal? He's a companion of a god, so I can't rule out that possibility."

While Eliza was in her own thoughts, Dagon roared with rage as a chilled feeling went down Eliza's roots.

"Come on out, Eliza! I know you are here!"

Eliza shivers upon hearing Dagon's command. She had no idea what was going on. But she does know one thing for certain:

Her body was not listening to her; her main body.

It was as if it had lost control, trying to follow Dagon's command in spite of Eliza's own will.

"So he's using a skill that controls others with a command, is it?" Eliza easily figured out the nature of the skill she's under, as she fights against her main body from revealing her presence to Dagon.

"At this rate, it'll be bad."

Acting quickly without much thought, Eliza used a spell directed at herself.

"[Wood Piercer]!"

Her arm was wounded. All of a sudden, she regained full control of her body as it began healing itself with the Hyper Regeneration skill that she possesses.

It was fortunate that she was able to break free of the skill with just that, Eliza thought. However, because she had to hurt herself just for that, the rest of her clones received the same damaged as well.

It was a downside of her Racial Skill, Blossom Replica. While any damage received by the clones do not get directed back to the main body, any damage the main body received herself gets mirrored onto the clones she'd created.

Dagon naturally did not missed in noticing the damage which her clones had received.

"As I've thought, you are here somewhere." he said, destroying the clones that continued to appear.

"At first I thought your real body was the seed you'd passed to the girl. However, if that was the case, it wouldn't have gone with her when she stepped foot into the teleportation trap which you had reprogrammed. Because of the curse which Loboros had placed on you, you cannot leave this floor no matter what you try. Therefore, it's only natural to think that you're hiding here somewhere"

Dagon then approached the giant oak tree in the center of the room. Although its leaves and branches had been destroyed amidst the chaos, the trunk still stands strong and tall.

The clones of Eliza began to show signs of panicking as Dagon glares at the tree trunk.

"You're in here, aren't you?" he said, turning into his human form and walked up to it.

""Stay away from there!"" Eliza's clones bellowed, confirming Dagon's guess as they cast a variety of attacks at him in an attempt to stop the approaching Hydra.

However, it was futile the moment Dagon used a skill to protect himself.

"[Adamantite Skin]."

The attacks bounced off. The clones then tried to stop him physically, but were swept away when the other heads of Dagon appeared from his neck and started moving on their own.

It was not before long after that. Dagon plunged his hand into the trunk and forcefully pulled Eliza out of her hiding place. Holding her up in the air by the throat.

"Ggh...! Curse you....."

Dagon kindly gave his foe the courtesy of her last words, before taking all of his heads out to finish her off without mercy.

"[Blast Breath]!"

Flames as hot as lava were fired from all heads of the Hydra as the body of Eliza in his hand was burnt to a crisp.

As Dagon lets go of the charred body and turned around, he sees that the clones of Eliza have started to wither and die. Returning to the soil where they came from.

Seeing the death of his enemy confirmed, Dagon heaved a sigh and relaxed his muscles. Relieved that the battle has ended.

"Finally, it's—"

"Over........ Or is it?"

"What!?"

*STAB*

A large, sharp thorn suddenly protruded from the ground. Piercing Dagon in the abdomen.

"Gah!" the Hydra coughed out blood. Taking a serious damage for the first time in this battle, as he then heard a mocking laughter.

"Kufufufufufufufu~ Thank you for being so arrogant, Dagon. Did you really thought that I would be hiding in such an obvious spot?"

With the thorn still in his abdomen, Dagon unnaturally turned his head around to see another clone of Eliza emerging from the ground, taking to him.

"Did you know, Dagon? Among the many types of monsters, animals and people I have eaten, the race whose knowledge I'd considered to be the most valuable are the Humans. As although they are weak, annoying and stupid for the most parts, they are still considered one of most troublesome race to deal with, according to the Demons. And rightfully so! Because you see, if there's one thing I have learnt about them, it would the fact that: Humans love to play dirty!"

"[Blast Breath]!"

Brimming with fury, Dagon decimated the clone into a crisp as well. But it did not matter to Eliza as she deployed more of her clones into action, where they emerged from the soil, appearing all around Dagon with mocking smiles on each of their faces.

"Kufufufufufu~ Now let us continue the game, shall we?" Eliza taunted her foe, whom, at this point, was enraged beyond belief.

"Try not to be so mad, my dear." she further ridiculed him.

"Just so you know, the game does not end on your mark. It ends on mine."

With veins popping from his forehead, as if it could burst at any moment, Dagon glared at his opponent, seething with bloodlust and fury. Being more annoyed with her than anything, he knows that the longer he stays fighting her, the less likely he would be in fulfilling his duty.

"Fine. I'll play your game, you maneater."

Thanks for reading. 🍫

40