Chapter 13
1.3k 8 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The knocking on the door continued as I hurried towards it.

"About time," my sister, Geanine, greeted me with snark as soon as I opened. "I tried calling you so many times, but you never pick up."

She nonchalantly marched into the hall leading to the kitchen, letting her annoyingly sweet perfume waft around. It reminded me of apricots glazed with sugar.

She had a good career, a good car, a good social life. My sister was the successful one of us two and she knew it. The fact that she was a year older than me meant she also got to advise me and scold me, and, throughout the years, she did.

"Hm, at least you didn't trash the place," she concluded, having scanned the kitchen.
"Sorry to interrupt," I heard a faint voice and turned around to find Sofia, her friend, stepping in carefully. She was way shorter than me or Geanine, and wore a wavy, knee-long navy skirt. Unlike my sister's shoulder-length brown locks, her long, black hair was parted in the middle and waved around gently when she turned her head around. She was clutching the strap of a small faux leather bag hanging off of her shoulder in one hand. It looked frail. The slip-on dark grey shoes she wore made almost no sound as she stepped on the wooden flooring.
"Nice to meet you, M-Matt," she said with a slightly wavering, quiet voice. Geanine must have reminded her of my name, we only spoke a couple of times in my life before that day.
"Hi," I nodded, trying to hide my tiredness.
"Come in!" my sister invited her into my kitchen.
"My, my, she's got a nice pair on her!" Ra'zizi chimed in almost as soon as Sofia, my sister's friend, walked besides me. "We should have you try it with her... I'd like to watch that," the succubus continued while stroking my chin while I walked into the kitchen and tried to concentrate on the guests.
"Matt?" my sister asked.
"Ah, yeah, sorry, I spaced out."

Sofia was overall pretty decent looking, but as Ra'zizi stated, the size of her breasts was beyond belief. On the previous occasions I've seen her, I wondered how carrying what seemed to be two water balloons filled to bursting point on such a small frame didn't destroy her spine. I would have sworn they are fake, but her demeanor suggested she wasn't the type who would go for surgeries, at least as far as I could tell.

"Can you get us something to drink? We've been walking here all the way from past the market," my sister nagged me as usual.
"Right on it, Geanie," I replied and started pulling guest glasses out of the cupboard above the sink.

I felt my patience increasingly evaporate while Geanie was standing by the counter, lecturing me about how I should take better care of the flat and my diet. Sofia wouldn't say much, sitting at the table with me, looking at me shyly from time to time with her big, green eyes, then quickly averting them. She'd turn aside from time to time, making her hair dance around. I tried smiling, but I felt a migraine coming on. Ra'zizi took a seat next to Sofia and would knowingly gesture at her breasts while smiling lasciviously. Family visits always felt awkward to me, and this was probably the worst time for one.

"... what do you think?" she asked.
"...Huh?" I realized I spaced out again.
"Oh, I was... Asking if you think it's worth taking the detour to visit the old part of town, Geanie said it's not, but..."
"I uh... I haven't visited there for a long time myself, so..."

My sister rolled her eyes, as she did every time the topic of me not traveling around came up, but I couldn't care anymore. I just wanted to get away.

"Ahem... Would you like to visit there?" I asked.
"I..." she looked aside. "That sounds nice, but we and Geanie already have travel plans made."

Geanie scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Look at you, that was a nice try," Ra'zizi whispered sarcastically in my ear and stroked the back of my head.
"Uh, I guess..." I said and then went wide-eyed. My sister and her friend obviously heard me. "I guess you're gonna have a good time then," I tried saving myself.

It seemed the two took the detour merely to catch a break and drink coffee while looking through their travel itinerary. I felt lucky they wouldn't stay for longer, as Ra'zizi kept on coming up with the wrongest things to say and do.

"Hey, look, she's distracted now," she taunted me, "try and take a grab of the shortie's thighs."

I felt my hands getting sweaty. Sofia was turned away, but sitting close to me.

"Come on, I'm sure she wouldn't mind," Ra'zizi continued. "Just a small brush against them. You're sitting close."

I took a deep breath as the migraine grew stronger. There was a ringing sound in my ears, and I felt a bit out of balance.

"Oh, just take a whiff," Ra'zizi didn't stop. "Her hair smells so nice," she said and walked over, hovering above Sofia and sniffed her while looking at me. "I'm telling you, she won't notice."

I felt my hand trembling. My heart started beating faster as I squirmed in my chair.

"Matt, would you mind looking up this thing for us?" Geanie asked me nonchalantly, pointing something out on a travel brochure.

At once, I snapped my eyes back at her and pursed my lips. I was tired of it all, and scared.

"Sure,"I replied. "I just need to go to the bathroom first"

I spent a good couple of minutes hyperventilating while sitting on the toilet, head in hands while Ra'zizi mocked me.

Walking back from to the kitchen, where I expected they would be waiting, I noticed Sofia in the corridor. I stopped momentarily and felt a heaviness in my stomach. But she wasn't looking at me, she was looking at something to her side. My heart skipped a beat as I realized she was standing at the entrance to my bedroom. She must have seen the diagrams I drew on the wall while summoning Ra'zizi. She just stood there, mouth slightly ajar, light from the doorway streaming on her. She raised her hand to her mouth to cover it.

"Now's your chance!" Ra'zizi egged me on. "Go for it!"

Sofia turned towards me, and for a moment I thought she must have heard Ra'zizi, because she had the strangest look in her eyes. Before I could react, she smiled politely for a split second, and then quickly turned around. Before I could say anything, with extra spring in her step, she went right back to the kitchen. I was sure she'd seen the drawing. I felt cold sweat on my face. I had tried to come up with an explanation, but my mind was blank. I hurried back after her.

"Hey, ladies," I said walking into the kitchen. "Want some more coffee?"

Sofia barely made her way to my sister, who was still at the table.

"Thanks Matt, but I've had enough today," Geanie said. "Can we order some food before we go? It will just be a-"
"Geanie, can we just go?" Sofia asked with a worried voice.
"What?" Geanine asked back and looked at her silver watch. "It's twelve past, we have over an hour to get to the station."
"I know, but I think," Sofia locked her eyes with mine, and for a moment, I saw pure fear inside them. "I think we've already given Matt enough trouble."
"I really don't think-"
"Geanie, please!" Sofia raised her voice, then stepped a few times in place. As my sister gave her a strange look, she whispered something into her ear, and I could see my sister's face changing while she was looking back at me. She rose up from the chair.

"Wait-" I said, but Geanine already went marching towards my bedroom.
"What the hell is this?" she said as soon as she walked in. "Matt?"
"I can explain," I tried calming her, pacing berhind her.
"Have you lost your mind?"
"Oh she's such a boring nuisance, get rid of her!" Ra'zizi started talking again. "Let's keep her friend for a while."
"No, it's just... I was..." I stammered.
"What...?"
"I was testing out a thing I found online."
"What?!" Geanine seemed angry. "What's up with this on the floor?" She asked while stepping on some wax that had melted into crevices in the wooden panels.
"Please, it's just a stupid Internet thing."
"Just tell her to piss off, she's such a headache!" Ra'zizi said angrily.
"Look, Matt," she turned to me with furrowed eyebrows. "We've been over this. You spend so much time on your... games and Internet! How about you get more serious about straightening out your life? Instead of trying... whatever this is," she asked while gesturing at the drawings. "Is this some stupid game thing? Some ARG or something?"
"Just kick her out! Kick her out and have her friend stay!" Ra'zizi continued in the meanwhile, standing by her.
"No!" I snapped at the succubus, but my sister obviously thought I was speaking to her.

After sighing and rolling her eyes in disappointment, Geanie crossed her arms and turned her slightly pale face away from me.

"You know, Sofia is right, I'll just leave. We'll both leave," she said.
"Wait, no, please, I need you to help me!" I tried apologizing. How could I explain what was happening?
"I'm tired of helping you."

My sister was already on the way out, however, and Sofia seemed to be anxiously waiting for her near the entrance, away from the kitchen.

"Come on, Sofie, let's go," Geanine said.
"Wait, I'm sorry, Geanie, I've just... Been under a lot of stress recently," I pleaded with her. It only now occurred to me I might not see her again.
"You need to channel the energy you had for drawing that... Whatever it was, into finally getting a proper job, a girlfriend... Or something. I don't know," she said back then nodded at Sofia. " Let's go!"
"Ohh, you screwed up badly," Ra'zizi started talking again, giggling in between sentences. "Maybe ask shortie for her number? I'm sure it will go splendid! She was impressed with your drawings!"

As the succubus kept on mocking me, I could do nothing but ask - fruitlessly - for my sister to stay. It was a rare moment of lucidity, when it dawned on me how crazy everything has been recently. I wanted her to help me, but I couldn't find the words to explain what was happening to me. But I still wanted to talk to her. I needed to say something.

"Wait, Geanie! I mean it! I have a huge problem..." I tried stopping her one last time.

She turned to me, Sofia right behind her, eyes wide open, gaze jutting between me and the way out.

"I have..." I knew this was it. I just had to say it. "I have a... demon...! I-"
"We all do, Matt. Everyone has their own," she cut me off, looking me deep in the eyes with that piercing look. "You need to finally deal with yours."
"No, I mean it! I need help!"
"Yes. Let me know once you've found it," she said and turned around.
"A real demon!"
"I'm leaving," she said as she went outside behind Sofia.

I tried stepping up to her to stop her, but her angry look told me she wouldn't listen. Both of them made the way back to their car at a brisk pace. I saw them from the terrace that lined the front of the building. I had no doubt they were talking at length about my bedroom.

21