Chapter 158 – Change 4
4.2k 27 156
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi sat on the couch on the right while Mizuki sat on the couch across from her.

Tetsuma was looking at his wife and daughter sitting across each other with serious expressions on their face. He was never expecting that this day would come.

He then walked to Mizuki and sat beside her.

“Naomi, as your mother, I must ask you something. Did anyone force you into this mess?”

Naomi shook her head.

“No, I did what I want. No one forced me to do anything.” She said in a firm tone. Her hands were placed above her thighs, with her right hand on top of her left. Naomi sat straight while looking straight at Mizuki’s eyes.

Mizuki looked back at Naomi’s eyes without wavering. She was experienced in dealing with other people. She was confident that she can guess whether a person was lying or not.

But, the look in Naomi’s eyes indicated that she was not lying to her. The eyes held conviction.

Mizuki sighed and held her head with her right hand while letting out a sigh.

“Haa- How long did you create that organization?”

With her back leaned against the couch’s backrest, Mizuki asked Naomi with a tired tone.

Naomi knew that with her parents' connection, they would be able to track what she did in no time. The reason why her parents asked her directly must be because they trusted her.

“I think it was when I was 2nd year of middle school. So two years ago.”

Mizuki let out another tired sigh while Tetsuma was looking at Naomi with a lonely smile on his face.

“Why did you decide to take things on your own, Naomi. You can always ask us and we will support you as always.”

Tetsuma put his hand around Mizuki’s shoulder as she asked Naomi.

Naomi felt a little guilty when she looked at her parents.

“It’s because I can’t involve my loved one. I found my first member, Rekka, by coincidence. At that moment, I decided to take things further, and then I founded Moon of Akasha.”

‘There is no way I can tell them that I make Moon of Akasha because I was bored.’

She kept her real reason in her mind.

Her parents looked at her with a surprised expression. Then Mizuki’s lips slowly curved upward. She was touched by Naomi’s reason.

“Naomi, we are your parents. On top of that, we know more than you about the Esper Association. I won’t ask how you hide your power from them, but we knew about it all along. We know about your dream. But we never expected that you will try to reach your dream while walking on a thorny path with a brand of criminal instead of a protector.”

Naomi gives Mizuki a sad smile. While that’s true that Naomi wanted to be a protector of civilians by joining the Esper Association at first, she had changed her mind now. The Esper Association brainwashed her closest friend.

They are now an enemy to Naomi.

“I am a protector, mom.”

“But the public didn’t think so.” Said Tetsuma as he crossed his arms.

“The public thinks that the Moon of Akasha is an evil organization. At least that way of thinking was changed a little after the video of you saving the city from the rioters spread on the internet.”

Tetsuma smiled and looked at Naomi with a gaze that seems to tell her ‘I am proud of you.’

He looked at the wooden table and a hologram screen appeared above the table.

Naomi and Mizuki looked at the screen.

The video of her bringing the unconscious rioter to safety was playing on the screen. They were taken by civilians who saw her on Avos Island.

All of them made a statement that actually Moon of Akasha which was led by Mugetsu was trying to help all this time.

However, the screen changed. The Esper Association let out a statement that it was in fact a war between the Moon of Akasha and the organization called Smiling sun that started the riot.

They put the blame on Naomi, and her face was spread on the news.

“It seems they are now serious about pursuing you. They had contacted our office too when you took that mask off your face.”

Mizuki looked at Naomi with a serious face again.

“We told them that we knew nothing, but they are still pestering us until we shut down the phone connection in this building.”

Naomi turned serious too. Her eyes narrowed and she looked at Mizuki.

“That meant I won’t be able to see you for a while, mom?”

Naomi had expected this outcome since the start. She won’t be able to get any weapons again from Akasa Inc. and her organization’s source of money, which was Luna Corporation would be shut down because Hyun-Woo's relation to the Moon of Akasha was revealed.

“No.” Denied Mizuki flatly.

Naomi was surprised and her eyes widened.

“On the contrary, we will announce it to the world. Akasa Inc. will support Moon of Akasha. We will reveal all the shady dealing of the Esper Association that has gone through us.” Mizuki had a grin on her face.

“A lot of important people were threatened by the Esper Association’s existence. They hate the existence of the Esper Association. Many of my friends had their children taken by the Esper Association because their children show promises to be a soldier.”

Naomi can’t say anything back to Mizuki.

The fact that her mother supported her instead of being angry at her was surprising. She looked at her father and saw him grinning.

“I have a connection to the Military. They expressed their dissatisfaction towards the Esper Association as of late. The reason is, the Military found one of their research locations two years ago in Japan.”

Naomi understood what her father meant.

“I see, so they found it at the remaining of their headquarter which I threw to the space. So the military managed to find evidence in that place?”

Tetsuma nodded his head.

“Right, it’s all thanks to you. I can’t say a good job because many lives were taken, but the Military noticed the inhuman experiment that the Esper Association conducted.”

“That’s why we will announce our stand. Get prepared, and call your subordinate. We will announce it tomorrow.”

Mizuki stood up from the couch and walked to the wooden table. She took a holo phone that was laying on top of the table and raised it.

“First, we need a reporter. I have a friend that was based in Germany and the other countries in this area.”

Naomi pulled her holo phone from her pocket and raised it.

“What a coincidence, I have a friend too.”

Both of them grinned at each other. Tetsuma who saw his wife and daughter had similar expressions on their face felt a cold in his spine.

‘Oh no, the Esper Association is done for good!’



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

156