Chapter 29
1.7k 16 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next couple of days go by quickly. I’m shadowing father at work as my training, and I’ve been provided a provisional inquisitors license. If I deem it necessary, I can use my quirk to save people, apprehend villains and generally use my “quirk” as long as there is a need.

I had asked gree-err, Midoriya about Kurogiri, he did give me a few clues. Apparently it’s some sort of warp quirk instead of teleportation, as it connects two points in space and warps the distance between, shrinking it down so it’s akin to walking through a door from one room to another. He also said something about a metal collar. Something I will have to take note of if I meet him again.

The girls have been training for the sports festival, and I have been training with Yuki at home. Her quirk is controlling ice. She can tap into a cold climate, sort of like an inferior version of how I use the world’s power to assist me in my usage of the elements. One think I am jealous of is that Yuki can use her natural weapons, claws and fangs, whereas I do not have those traits.

One thing I have noticed is that my other personalities are not surfacing, leaving me stuck as a 15 y/o, but I have noticed inconsistencies in my memories and actions. I wrote down a few of them on a piece of paper, but the day after the paper was gone. Mother had apparently thrown it in the trash, and our trash is incinerated. I am starting to draw some conclusions due to all these irregularities, and it’s best I leave it alone.

Tomorrow is the sports festival, but first, there is a certain snow leopard craving some attention.

Smiling at Yuki I walk up to her and take her tail in mine, coiling them together before moving to the bed. I have let go on most of my inhibitions, but the most we do is cuddle and kiss, I still do not completely understand why, but I think it’s because of my younger personality.

“You know, I really like it when you lose yourself in your thoughts and your instincts take over, they are so much fun.” Yuki purrs into my ear and I notice my hand is already halfway into dangerous territory. Quickly withdrawing my hand from underneath her nightgown, I place it on her chin and stare into her eyes.

“I don’t know if I’m just projecting, but the glimpses of insanity I sometimes see flash in your eyes is really attractive.” Yuki flashes a manic grin, and snuggles her head underneath my chin. As she starts purring I can feel my own purr resonating with hers, and we lie in silence for a while feeling the vibrations and listening to what our instincts communicate to us.

I look down at the leopard, and hesitation strikes me. I feel like telling her about who I am, but my rationale is stopping me.

”You have that look again kitty. It’s like there’s something you want to tell me.”

I close my eyes and take in her scent as I run my hand through her white and black hair. “Mmm, you’re right. Why don’t we make a deal. I will tell you after the sports festival. I will also ask you a question that I hope you will answer, okay?”

She gives me a quick kiss before nodding, and laying down on my chest.

My mind wanders for a bit, before I fall asleep.

##

The arena is filled with people. I’m sitting in a special zone with Midnight and All Might. It is a bit weird seeing Midnight outside of our house, because my body remembers her, and by the look on her face she notices and simply smirks at me every time I look at her.

All Might was surprised that we knew each other, but I simply said that she’s an old friend of my mother, and she sometimes comes over for a chat. 

Seeing my friends down in the arena, listening to Present Mic, I do sort of wish I could attend with them. I still don’t completely understand why I can’t join in on the events, but I was surprised that the Inquisitor in training was just an excuse. Nemuri told me the real reason, that the teachers agreed there would be no contest if I joined, and that I would win. I find that reasoning a bit weird, considering they are allowing so many different quirks to enter, even if some of them are not even in the combat or support category.

”Don’t worry young Luxie, I have a special surprise for you before the finals.”

I tilt my head, but All Might isn’t saying anything else. Now I’m curious.

It seems they are done with the introductory stuff, and now, the UA Sports Festival is under way.

46