Chapter 27-New Pet and Tryouts day 2
997 5 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ISHA WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!!?” I shouted at the top of my lungs.

Back in time a little.

Shinobu and I just got back to the forest and looked at the quest. We had to kill a dragon. Aren’t those the mythical creatures of destruction I hear so much about in games? Why do we have to kill one for our first quest? Anyways it is a green dragon that is really big and doesn’t have wings. There is nothing more than that though.

We went around the forest just looking around at things. I saw a bunch of spirits that seemed to be laughing and having fun.


“Luna, wait!!” I think I heard Shinobu shout as I was following one. She was really far back and I could hardly see her. I wasn’t watching where I was going and tripped 

“Owwww” I complained, Shinobu caught up to me.

“Luna don’t run off, what if you find the dragon by accident or something scary?” She scolded, she’s right though, I couldn’t fight a dragon on my own. It would be really hard. But the spirits are so cute! No, I should listen to my Onee-chan. I don’t want to worry her. And I don’t want to worry myself.

“Will you save me if I do get lost?” I asked and her expression softened a little.


“Of course I will. Why would you ask that?” She said as she came down to my level gave me a hug.

“Onee-chan stay like this for a bit please.” I told her. I need to fill up on both my own energy and Onee-chan energy.

“Okay let’s go find a dragon” It was then that we heard loud stomping. The spirits flew away at insane speeds. Whatever was coming was BIG. I looked around and saw…

“ISHA WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??!!!” It was a little dragon baby. It was adorable!!! It had wittle wings and sticking out its tongue like a derp. It ran up to us and started blowing. A little flame came out of its mouth, it felt like a really weak lighter. Just enough to feel heat, but not enough to hurt.

“Onee-chan, it's adorable!” I exclaimed. Shinobu looked at it and nodded.

“Yeah it is. But is this what we are really looking for? It is green but not big, and it does have wings albeit very small.”

I opened  ‘dark connections’ and looked to see if there are any other dragons here. Nope this was the one. I appraised it and it was called a ‘Nature Dragon:Dungeon boss’. This.. is a dungeon boss? That’s what Isha wanted us to go up against? REALLY?

“Onee-chan, this is the dragon and the dungeon boss. But it’s so cute. How can we kill it? Can we keep it?” I asked, putting some persuasion into it.

“Alright fine, but we have to tell the guild first that we are keeping it because it is a dungeon boss I guess.”


That was when Shiro popped in from nowhere.

“Shiro? I thought you were supposed to be teaching? Are you skipping? Bad Shiro! I said with a chop to her head.

“Hey Shinobu, did she get younger again? She’s acting like a child.” Shiro asked, I don’t know what she means though.

“I don’t know this just started happening. Anyways, why are you here?”

“Well first I left a clone to teach for now so my mind is in separate places now. But I heard you want to take the dragon? I can arrange that. And since it’s a nature dragon it doesn’t need much care other than play. Here, give me your hands.” We did what she asked and she picked up the dragon and put it on my back. Eventually we started glowing in a white light and it stopped in less than 10 seconds. The dragon was now gone.


“What happened to the dragon?” I asked worried that it might be gone.

“I made it Shinobu’s pet. I would have used you but you can get one that's better for you. Anyways, all you have to do Shinobu is think of it and it will appear. And if you can’t imagine it as an image, Think of its name. What are you going to name it?” Shiro said. I was mad that it couldn’t be mine. I wanted the dragon.

“I will let Luna decide. She wanted it after all. Why give it to me anyways?” That lighten my mood a bit.

“Well the thing is everyone can have a pet or a summon if you want to call it that. But very few people can have more than one. You Shinobu can have about 4 pets while Luna can only have one. I want her to only get the best one possible for her.” That’s not fair, I want pets too Shiro. But I guess I should think of a name. I could go the basic route of the color but that is boring. Wait, it is a nature dragon right? So that means it probably can photosynthesize like a plant. But it also can eat things right?

“How about Venus? Named after the Venus Fly Trap.” I saw Shiro nod a bit and Shinobu smiled.

“Ok that’s a good name Venus huh.” Shinobu said as she closed her eyes. Suddenly the dragon came out of her like a spirit left her body.

“Your name is Venus ok?” She said and the dragon barked like a puppy. SO CUTE!!!

“Ok you can go back now” As she said that Venus went back into her.

“Ok we sort of did the quest let’s go back” Shinobu said, I teleported us back to the guild desk and Isha was there.

“We’re baaaaack!” Shinobu said, musically. Isha looked at us in surprise and quickly smiled like nothing abnormal happened.

“Hey you two, bring the dragon corpse over here.” She said, immediately assuming we beat the quest.

“Uh, that's not possible,” Shinobu said. I’m going to let her do the talking because I don’t want to be yelled at again.

“What do you mean it's not possible? You did kill the dragon, right?” She asked, looking a little worried.

“No we didn’t, but that is because of something else. Venus, come out.” Shinobu said that and our little dragon friend appeared. Isha was shocked.

“That’s the dungeon boss right!!!? Why is it here? EVERYBODY POSITIONS!!!!” She started panicking and the other adventurers got up.

“Relax, it’s my pet now. We saw it and made a contract with the help of Shiro. So we did technically beat the quest, right?” This calmed Isha a little.

“Sigh, fine you beat the quest, but don’t do that again without warning. Almost made me die of fright. I will give you the reward now.” She said, looking at the paper with the quest to see the reward amount.

“No need right now. We have to get back to school. Luna lets go.” Shinobu said.

“Bye Isha!!” I shouted while activating the skill. She was waving with a smile.

“What am I going to do with kids like you?” I heard her say while we left. What did that mean?

We were back at the school and teleported into the guild class. The student’s that were there had a look of surprise on their faces.

“Welcome back, did you complete a quest?” Riona said unfazed.

“Yeah we beat a dungeon boss.” I said happily.

“Good job. In one day too. SEE CLASS, this is something you can do. Fight dungeons, you might not be able to beat one in a day with no preparation though. These kids are just special.” Riona said to the class.

“It is also our pet!” I said, that got her sort of shocked.

“You definitely won’t be able to do that though. Sorry for getting your hopes up.” She said, again to the class.

“Anyway’s school is almost over so pack up and stay here. You have to do the club after all.” The kids groaned and started packing up. I wonder if I can teleport all of these people. 

The bell rang and there was an announcement. “Everyone again to the gym for the second part of the after school tryouts. Again this is MANDATORY!!” I heard and that was my cue to teleport them. I tried to expand the range of the skill and it worked. I teleported all of them to the gym and all the teachers were already there. The kids there were surprised  about us suddenly appearing but went back to doing whatever they were doing. Soon all the students were there.

“Ok students, it’s time for part two of the tryouts. It is going to be a tournament based system. It will be like this: it won’t be based on if you win or lose. It is how good you are. If you do well in the tournament but we don’t think you did well as a contestant you still fail. Pick a partner and then go to the arena as a line.”

There was a line at the arena outside and the first group was… Nat and Amelia. I see how this ends.

“DESTROY HIM AMELIA” I screamed. I know I shouldn’t have a bias but come one. I hate him. And I will hold this grudge to the end of time. Wait, I have a good idea. It will take a whole year but it can destroy him.

“Alright START” Lily said as I decided to make her the referee since she does it at the guild.

“NAT WINS!!” What… I saw Amelia with her hands up and Nat didn’t even move. I mean this helps me with my plan but I didn’t tell anyone. Is it because of our bet? Well I was going to fail her anyways.

The next group went and this time no forfeits. It was balanced. I might add them.


When it was all over we went to the middle of the arena and started talking.

“The Winner is NAT” I shouted, He only won by forfeit. I had another idea.

“Everyone who we name are to go to the after school camp and the ones who are not can go.” I started naming the people. Everyone but Nat, his friends, and 6 or 7 other people who were actually good and could pass even if the final exam was harder. And that was my plan. Make Nat and co not go to the camp and make the exams significantly harder than usual. And then he will fail or depending on how bad I make it he might die. AND THERE IS NOTHING HE CAN DO ABOUT IT!! I know this is petty but if he continues on how he is acting, I will continue with this plan. I will help him though if his mood gets better though. Same with the friends, if they go I will help them. But if Nat is as controlling as he is narcissistic he won’t let them go.

“Ok Nat and friends, since you guys got the top places, you don’t need to go unless you want to. But how about you fight me and see what you are going up against. OH BY THE WAY STUDENTS!!! I am in the final exam. You have to beat or do well against me to pass. So I hope you practice well and challenge me a lot.” I said with a smile.

Nat and co, came down. While Nat was as confident as can be. His friends were kind of worried but came nonetheless. Time to humiliate them.

“AND BEGIN '' Lily shouted this time they rushed forward… at the pace of a snail. Well not really but still suuuper slow compared to my other opponents, really how is this person and Amelia in the same class? Well his friends seem to be slowing themselves down to Nat’s speed, are they actually good? I decided to just knock out Nat immediately and then jumped back.

“Okay you 3 I know you are holding back for some reason. Now since your leader is gone. Go full power. Well why are you holding back anyways?” That got them. They looked shocked a little.

“Ok I’m surprised you found out but we won’t hold back.” Suddenly wings grew out of their backs and horns came out of their heads. I appraised them, and they are demons. Demons huh, well this will be fun.

“We know you’re not human either. Get your sister as well. She is a sort of demon too, right? One of them said, Time to have a little fun.

21