Chapter 30-Decective Work
689 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Everyone here come with me, we are going to Mr.Bareil’s district. Nathaniel and Mr.Bareil, we will meet you outside in a bit so go. If we see you are gone. You are guilty immediately.” Wow the king really has all the bases covered. I assume though that there are knights already outside though.

The two of them were gone and the king started talking. But not before someone else came in.

“Hey guys I heard everything, are we taking those two down?” It was Shinobu, not that I’m surprised, she’s overprotective, but I don’t really care, I need her anyways.  As she came in I fell to the ground and started crying a bit as Shinobu came to me.

“It’s finally over! Onee-chan why weren’t you here? I couldn’t take it on my own!!” I said while tears flowed out, even though I acted calm I was on the verge of breaking down the whole time. I really can’t take any stress at all.

“It’s ok Luna I was here the whole time. You did good. Hey king and Alex, Leave for a bit until this is over, Lily you help us!” Shinobu yelled those instructions while comforting me.

“They are all gone, it's just me and Lily here. Calm down”

“But it was so scarrrry!” I couldn’t help myself, oh god what if they are just outside this room and hearing this.

(King: Maybe I shouldn’t give her a sentence at all)

(Alex:Let’s leave)

After a while I calmed down enough to go outside and start. Everyone who was involved and a couple of knights were out there, There weren't many people though so that’s when I had an idea. I whispered it to the king, he smiled and gave me the ok. I nodded and teleported to the classroom to make an announcement

“Attention class, we are going on a field trip. We are going to the Bareil’s district to search for anything that will confirm the accusations. Everyone will have to go but if you don’t want to participate for some reason tell me to stay outside, I will get someone to stay with you.” The students smiled, some more eerily than others. I guess they really do hate him as well. I then sent a telepathic message to Shiro.

‘Hey Shiro, can you send a clone with us? We are doing something out of school and we need one as a sort of chaperone.’ 

‘I see you can send telepathic messages now, that is nice. I can send a clone and if you aren’t back by the next periods I will put a clone as a sub for you as well’

‘Thanks Shiro, I assume that you will know what’s happening if not already.’

As we finished talking I went to the king to ask where the location of the district is.

“If you keep going north you will find it, the earliest town in it is Valorian.” Really? My parents were actually in this asshole town? Well that makes it easy though.

I activated ‘Night veil’ to build some power for ‘Shadow Sprint’ after a bit I pushed off the ground and ran north, checking the map to see if I passed it. In less than 10 seconds I got to Valorian and teleported back. This shocked Boringiel quite a bit. That’s now my nickname for Nat’s father

“Alright I made it to Valorian time to teleport.” I said without even running out of breath. I’m not even tired yet.

“Wait. Wait. Wait. How can this person get to Valorian and back in less than 15 seconds? It is a 3 day drive at least. And how are we all getting there?” Boringiel said, that is a true statement for normal people.

“Skills, now teleporting.” I opened the teleport menu and clicked on the town and confirmed. Everyone was sucked in and we are now at the town. Boringiel is even more shocked now. I might be mentally unstable and cry easily but god damn it's fun to get revenge and mess with others and watch them just go down hill.

“So now what?” I asked the king when we got there.

“Well first we need to look for evidence here. Luna, Shinobu, Lily, and Riona. Go to his mansion and the rest will look here. His mansion is a couple kilometers that way.” He said pointing north.

We started running to the mansion and by running I mean only Lily is. Shinobu and I are flying and Riona is jumping really far forward. Lily can keep up with us though so it's fine.

We got to the mansion quickly and something was already off. It was quiet outside, no maids tending a garden or people running around the lawn. We walked up to the door and it was locked. We tried knocking, but nobody came. Shouting, nothing, there was a doorbell, broken. Eventually we gave up and kicked the door down and went in, no one was there.

“I think this can confirm that something is wrong.” Riona said, slamming her hands together like a fist bump. I’m getting curious as well.

“I know this is usually how people die in horror stories, but let’s split up, Shinobu and Luna as one and Riona and I as the other” Lily suggested.

“I’m ok with that, but do either of you have telepathy? I do, but I can’t allow you to start conversations only reply to one I started. So if we have someone else that would be nice.” I said that as if we split up we will still have a way to communicate.

“I have it.” Lily said just like that.

“Perfect so it’s worth it to split up. Shinobu and I will take this floor.” I said.

“Ok I guess we will go upstairs. But how many floors are there?” Riona said, that’s a good point.

“I think I saw three sets of windows, so three floors?” Shinobu said. So three unless there is a dungeon of sorts.

“Ok everyone lets start.” I said, Riona and Lily went upstairs while Shinobu and I looked in the lobby.

“I wonder why it’s empty? Almost like Bareil planned this to happen.” Shinobu said as she looked under a table.

“I don’t think we will find anything here, let’s go check the rooms. I already have the room committed to memory” I said, which was a lie. I just have it saved on ‘Dark Connections’. But it sounds cooler if I say that.


“I know that’s false because your memory sucks, don’t worry I actually have it in my memory and I know you have it saved on that skill of yours.” Shinobu said.

“You know that's not very nice, I was trying to sound cool” I said with a pout, why did she have to say that, I know there is no one else here though but still.

“Ok I got to the left side of the lobby and you have the right. Okay?” Shinobu said as she ran in one direction. I went in the other with ‘Dark connections’ opened and ready to take notes.

I went through each room thoroughly and something was immediately off, all of the rooms have the same painting, Nat and his father just sitting like someone would be posing for a picture. Why are they that narcissistic to have the exact same painting in every room. Anyways I have everything marked and done in my book so time to go back. Shinobu was already there.

“Hi done already as well?” I asked and she nodded.

“Did you also see the same picture in every room too?” She asked and I nodded as well. Creepy.

“I will ask the others the same '' I said and then I heard footsteps.

“No need to.” Riona said “We had the same problem. But there was one slightly different painting.” Interesting


“Can you bring us to it, I think that is what we need.” Shinobu said as we went up the stairs.

“Sure follow us.” Lily said as we all went to the room that’s different.

“This is definitely Boringiels office.” I said and they all laughed a bit at either my awful naming sense or my amazing naming sense depending on the person you ask.

We looked around and sure enough it was an office, table and chairs, papers stacked up on the table and a cart for tea beside it. We decided to look around the room. 

“Found something” Shinobu shouted, and we went over there. Under the desk was a floor but it didn’t seem right, we saw that it didn’t look like it was cut correctly, leaving a square just there. It was a door. I opened it and a lot of gold, gems and money was in it.

“I think we found the money he took out of the taxes. I will contact the king” Lily said.

“He said that they are coming and they didn’t find anything over there. He also said to take it with you so it won’t get stolen. You have a storage Luna correct?” She asked me and I just took all the money and put it in my breasts. Riona was laughing as she hadn't seen it before.

“How fitting for a succubus. A boob storage, just like in anime huh?” Wait a second.

“Riona, where are you from?” I asked, thinking about something.

“I’m from America. Why?” Riona answered, confirming my suspicion.

“What language do you hear?” I asked again.

“English, again why?” That’s weird,

“I hear Japanese as I’m from Japan, but when you said anime it sounded like how it’s said in English. So everyone has a translator or something huh. Wait let me say some stuff you have. Wasabi, sushi, ramen, hamburger, thanks, three.” I listed a few more that are from Japan that America has and she nodded

“I see now, I understand what you’re saying, but it’s in a different language.” She said looking down and in a thinking pose.

“Anyways let’s go check the painting. It is different after all” Shinobu said, changing the subject.

We went over what my first thought was.

“Let’s touch it.” 

“Why, though,” Shinobu said.

“Come on, it's a slightly different painting. Of course it’s going to be a secret passage, see.” As I said that I stuck my hand through. As I thought, it’s a secret passage like it's there but also not there.

“I’m jumping in. I don't know about you guys though.” As I said that I jumped in and a familiar ‘ba ba da da da daa’ played in my head with the classic painting entering sound effect.

“It’s safe, come in.” I shouted as I put my hand back through where I came from and they all came in as well.

“Let’s look in here then. Really suspicious.” Lily said.

We went around the dark room for a bit and Shinobu found something.

“Seems like it’s a door. Luna can you confirm” She asked me as I can see in the dark, but isn’t she a Vampire? She should be fine. I looked and it is a giant metal door.

“It’s a door but it’s metal, I think we can force it down though or melt it.” I suggested.

“I think we should try to kick it down first. Everyone, stand back” Riona said. She went back a few steps and jumped forward with a kick. It did nothing.

“Wait Riona come here.” I said, Shinobu obviously knew what’s happening.

“Uh, ok?” Riona said, confused.

“Can you bend down a pit please.” I needed her at my level. When she did I struck. I kissed her on the lips, I felt my tongue in her mouth. I activated ‘SuccuLips’ and gave her the boost. I could feel her getting hot though. I stopped and pulled my face away.

“Are you really getting turned on by a minor Riona?” I asked in a teasing manner.

“Nope not me I’m not a pedo please don’t call the police. I don’t want to go on the FBI watch list.” She deflected a lot. Is it really that bad in America?

“Well you can do more if you want.” I teased her a bit more while pulling my skirt up. She got visibly red. So did Lily too. Well Shinobu I think your pick has some needs to take care of. Don’t take her from Riona though.

“Well, do you feel any different? I used my boosting skill, and yes that is how it’s activated.” I said, I think I'm getting less and less embarrassed about these things now. At first it was only my sister and family, now I’m kissing other girls. Is it because of my race?

“Now that you say it, yeah, let me try again.” She readied and kicked the door again. This time there was a dent. So we need a lot of firepower huh. Wait power.

“Let me try my railgun.” I focused my magic into my hands as electricity again. Please become plasma, hotter, no even hotter, Hotter than the Japanese summer. I want plasma, plasma. The sparks became more active and it was getting hotter. I think this is good.

“Stand back everyone, I’m melting this door.” I shot the railgun with a flick of my thumb and it melted the door instantly. But it is still going. I tried calling my magic back into my body. Like I was taking it in, soon it came back into me. Stung a bit but not too bad.

‘Notice: skill requirements have been achieved. Skill ‘Mana Manipulation’  has been unlocked.

There’s another skill I keep getting so much of these.

‘Due to how it was unlocked skill ‘Mana Manipulation’ is mastered’

I looked up and told everyone I was fine.

“Ok then, let’s continue” Lily said, I heard some worry though.

“Wait I found something over here” Riona said as we rushed over there.

Prison cells. Filled with live people.

Hi its me again. Sorry for no chapter yesterday, for those who don't know because they don't see my profile page, I'm sick. It's not covid( i don't thnk) but it is still a pain in the ass to be sick and not be able to go out. Because of this, i might get behind on releases. Another thing, I have a new novel Idea. so get ready for that as well. For those who watched it be the most legal way there is, how was the first Komi-san episode? Very good meme material, but it is really good, when it comes out on netflix I will rewatch it with the more accurate subtitles, anyways have a good time doing whatever you're doing.-Winslow

18