Run and Scan.
2.3k 20 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shido was currently surrounded by Police officers while his hand stretched to grab the orb floating above Overhaul's ashes. Shido still stretched his arm more to grab the orb. The police officers aimed their guns towards Shido, who just tried to make a movement.

"DROP YOUR WEAPONS AND RAISE YOUR ARMS IN THE AIR!!!."-Police officer shouted

Shido quickly grabbed the orb which got absorbed in his hands as soon as he touched it. Several System Notifications started popping out but he couldn't pay attention to that now. His sudden movement caused a police officer to shoot a bullet on the ground near where he was standing.

"NO SNEAKY THINGS, RAISE YOUR ARMS IN THE AIR."-Police Officer

'Why don't you guys show such decisiveness when dealing with the villains?'-Shido criticized the officer. He tried to raise his arms, but he couldn't raise the one he used for the last punch. He again tried to raise it, but failed. The arm seems unresponsive to his brain commands.

He couldn't feel the pain because of the system, but he thought that the arm must've suffered a huge reaction force for the last punch, making his arm unresponsive.

'Don't tell me I'm like Deku now, can't even defeat a enemy without hurting myself.'

{HESOYAM} - Health

[Cheat Activated]

'This is better.'

Shido raised both of his arms in the air, complying with the Police Officer. He is currently standing in the center of a circle made of police officers. As he raised his arms, the police officers started moving towards him slowly, still pointing the guns at him. The circle made of Police is now, shrinking with being at the center.

"NOW, PLACE YOUR HANDS AT THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD AND KNEEL DOWN WHILE YOUR HANDS ARE AT THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD."-Police Officer.

Shido complied and placed his hands at the back of his hands and started to kneel down by bending his knees. But before his knee touched the ground, several grenades dropped to the floor out of nowhere. The police force was stunned due to sudden appearance of the grenades and started to back off quickly. The grenades started spewing white gas, completely shrouding the figure of Shido.

{AEZAKMI} - Disable Wanted Level

[Cheat Activated]

Shido quickly positioned to jump up but a bullet shot at his leg. Shido felt a tinge of pain, but the pain quickly subsidized. Shido turned to look at the police officer who shot him. The Officer was looking straight at him, while the others are distracted by the white gas.

"HE IS STILL THERE, HIS BODY TEMPERATURE IS HARD TO FIND BUT HE IS STILL THERE. QUICKLY SURROUND HIM."-Officer

'Tch. Perception based quirk.'

'Super Jump'

Shido shot towards the sky like a bullet, leaving the officers in chaos in the warehouse. While he was in the air, he saw a figure jumping around in the air, rushing towards him. Shido sighed in relief as now he doesn't have to jump and run from the police. Mr. Fantastic stood in front of Shido, making a layer of air for Shido to stand on.

"Took you long enough."-Shido

"Well, I had to take Knuckleduster back mid-way and ..."-Mr. Fantastic

"We can talk later, let's leave this place first."-Shido

Mr. Fantastic nodded and both of them jumped on the layer to leave the area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shido and Mr. Fantastic just entered an apartment, while a little red figure dashed into Mr. Fantastic, knocking him down on the ground.

'Well.. the girl has already set her priorities.' Shido thought while looking at the small girl (20 Years old) sitting on the belly of Mr. Fantastic.

"Oh my brave Gentle, you finally came back from the dangerous mission, without being hurt. I am feeling so happy and proud you know..."-La Brava.

Shido ignored the two and looked at Knuckleduster sitting on a dining table, eating instant noodles. He went and sat on a chair near Knuckleduster. Knuckleduster looked at Shido for a moment and continued eating his noodles. Shido also sat there without saying anything, letting the awkward silence permeate their surrounding. After some time, Knuckleduster couldn't take it anymore. Knuckleduster stood up and shouted

"Say something Goddammit!!!"-Knuckleduster.

"What?"-Shido

"Don't you have to say something, you are just sitting there motionless like a mannequin ready to jump at anytime. It's creepy, YOU are CREEPY!!"-Knuckleduster said while pointing his finger at Shido.

'I am not creepy, the suit on me looks cool.' Shido said internally and tried to change the topic.

"So.. How was the fight?"-Shido

"Well.. It was thrilling, the thrill of fighting opponents with strong quirk is very nice. I fought that guy in the past and defeated him 'easily', but he improved very much from the last time."-Knuckleduster

'I don't think Kendo Rappa is an easy opponent, even in the past. He was very well-known in the underground fights in the past.' Shido thought, but didn't said anything and continued listening to Knuckleduster.

"The guy was very loose tongued, revealed some inner information while we were fighting."-Knuckleduster

"Such as..?"-Shido asked

"How they found our location so quickly."-Knuckleduster completed eating his noodles and cleaned his mouth.

"How?"-Shido

"They had placed a GPS chip inside the little girl, as the girl has attempted to run away from the base numerous times and have successfully escaped the base sometimes, but was caught by the minders assigned by the Boss (Overhaul)."-Knuckleduster

'That sick bastard can do that.'

"Is it still inside or did you guys removed it out?"-Shido

"It's still inside."-Knuckleduster

"Where is she?"-Shido

Knuckleduster led Shido to a room where he found Eri sleeping on the bed.

"She was alright when Mr. Fantastic brought her here, they fed her and all was well. When I came here and told them about the chip, La Brava tried to use her scanner on her, but the girl started having a panic attack, so I had to put her down unconscious."-Knuckleduster said while looking at the girl.

"Where's the chip?"-Shido

"Inside her calf muscles on the left leg. That guy also made her leg muscles of that leg deformed, so she cannot run or even have difficulties in walking. That must be painful."-Knuckleduster

Shido had his fist clenched, from the amount of torture the little girl has faced is enough to break the mind of an adult. He went near Eri, who was 'sleeping', he lifted the blanket to see her leg, he found a unusual bump on her calf muscles. He couldn't do anything to this. He can use {HESOYAM} to repair things, but the cheat cannot use the cheat to change the configuration of the muscles, nor he can he use it on others.

He covered the blanket on Eri, letting her sleep. He was determined to help her, he will even try to reach out to heroes and government, if he cannot find any way on his own. While he was contemplating what to do to heal Eri, a system notification popped up.

[The Law of Matter has been scanned.]

Not knowing what the notification meant he opened the System Interference and opened [Brief/Logs].

[You have acquired the ability 'Overhaul' by defeating Boss: Kai Chisaki (Overhaul)]

[Overhaul: Overhaul grants the user, the ability to disassemble anything they touch, as well as reassemble it in any configuration they desire, effectively giving them full control over matter.]

[Ability: Overhaul contains Law of Matter which can be scanned by the System. System will scan the Law and update the existing Library of System.]

.....

[The Law of Matter has been scanned and the Library has been updated.]

'I can help her now.'

115