Surprise (1).
1.6k 9 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the call, I opened the door and went out of the room. I looked for Fuyumi but I couldn't find her anywhere in the house.

'Did she leave? I thought she wanted to continue the massage session. She was tired so I think she wanted to go home and rest.'

I went back to my seat and practiced a combination of {HESOYAM} and [Law of Time]. The more proficient I am in this, the better. This can be considered a godsend for me. I didn't even expect that Fuyumi's Secret System would contain [Law of Time]. But why though? To look into secrets of time or To look at scenes in the past to uncover secrets.

The system was a basic system with the objective to uncover secrets. So why did it contained [Law of Time]? Guess I will never know...

I then practiced for around 2 hours, solving a major problem. When I tried to turn back the plant, it first grew back all of its branches which were cut down before. This shows, If I try this on a person, they will experience every single change that happened on the target part in reverse. For example, If I try to heal a person's arm, then they will feel the wounds in reverse, i.e. First the pain, then the wound opens, then the pain again which they felt when they got the wound, then the wound will close, returning to the previous stable configuration.

'This could be used as a torture method. Pain from injuries on your body that are from your past. I think people will start giving me a lot of money, to satisfy their weird fantasies, if I tried to capitalize this pain-inducing method.'

After completing the practice, I checked the time and it was 6:30 PM, so it was time to prepare the dinner. For dinner, I decided to make Karaage with Rice, sliced cucumbers, and Kewpie Mayonnaise.

It was not that time-consuming and easy to make. Eri likes dishes that are easy to eat, therefore I try to make food that is nutritious for her as well as easy to eat.

When the dinner was ready, I called Eri and we ate our dinner. Then she went to the bedroom. After an hour, I brushed her teeth and sent her to the bedroom again. I completed my chores and then slept like a log in the comfy futon on the ground.

-----------------------------------------------------------

[February 13]

I woke and went to work again. First, ready yourself, then make breakfast, and then ready your kid. That's my morning routine, the morning routine of a sigma male. I made Omurice in excess as this will also will be in the lunch box for Fuyumi.

First I placed two plates of Omurice on the table and then packed Fuyumi's Lunch Box. I made a little heart sign on the Omurice to express my love for her. I can at least do this to put some lovey-dovey flavor to the food.

I then went to pick up Eri, who is still sleepy even after getting an afternoon sleep. I brushed her teeth and washed her face. After that, I placed her on the chair and started spoon-feeding her.

I had a thought on being a bit strict to Eri, so she will start eating by herself, but when I look at the cute little girl eating with a sleepy face, I reject those thoughts and want to feed her more.

After breakfast, I opened the store and everything was the same as usual. Fuyumi came and took her lunch box and left without saying anything to me as she had a red face when she entered the house, so I also didn't ask her anything. I went for a normal stroll in the market to buy some things and nothing special happened.

....

It was around 10 PM and Eri is still awake. She and I were getting ready to go to Hosu City to meet Danjuro and La Brava. After checking everything was okay, I equipped the Night Slash suit and Jetpack and picked up Eri in my arms.

{AEZAKMI} - Disable Wanted Level.

[Cheat Activated]

After the cheat activated, I started the Jetpack and flew towards Hosu City.

....

[11:30 PM]

We reached Danjuro's apartment and were received by Danjuro, who was practicing some heroic lines for his heroic debut as a Vigilante who helps people. I doubt Danjuro will be able to reach the popularity level of Justice Rider, even if Danjuro is more powerful and good at acting than him. Justice Rider is very passionate and determined about helping people.

I hope Danjuro also rekindles the determination to help people which he had 12 years ago. If he helps people with the same passion, then he will be able to reach the citizens' hearts easily. That is the desired effect we want but the entry of Justice Rider has increased the competition. We wanted to give a better 'hero' who is not only better than the existing Pro-Heroes but now Justice Rider who is a better hero without being an actual hero raised the standard bar for Danjuro.

Now it all depends on Danjuro, how will he handle this.

We went inside the apartment and saw La Brava swiftly typing on the keyboard angrily like she was slamming her hands on the keyboard. I went and stopped the 'little girl' from breaking the keyboard and injuring her hands.

"What happened? Why are so angry on this poor keyboard?"

The 'little girl' with twin tails, had her head a bit down but tears could be seen in her eyes. Danjuro who always cared for La Brava was perplexed as he couldn't understand why is she sad but he still went forward and caressed her head, asking what happened.

La Brava hugged Danjuro very tightly and started crying. Everybody was confused why is she crying. After some time passed, La Brava calmed down and started telling everyone what happened.

Interview of Justice Rider and Press Conference of Endeavor seems to have created a very big collision of opinions on the internet. Justice Rider's Interview shows me as a radical Vigilante who kills villains to save the citizens while Endeavor in the press conference, portrayed me as a Cold-blooded Killer and a strategist who is doing the killings and making plots, doing everything just for fame.

This formulated different opinions in people whether I am either good or bad. So they took it on the Internet to clash to see which opinion is right. At first, it was a discussion but it turned into a clash as the majority started abusing the minority and vice versa. The majority supports Endeavor's statement and the minority supports Justice Rider's statement.

In all of this, La Brava who is from the minority group tried to convince people on the other side of the aisle but what she got were only abuse and fake tags. This led to her anger and slamming on the keyboard writing paragraphs on how wrong they were.

"Seriously, La Brava you are an adult, you should know Internet discussions never lead to any conclusion, you only get constant fighting of opinions. People have already formulated their opinions and in no way that is going to change by an Internet Discussion." I had to reprimand her for the lack of maturity she showed here.

"I know... But I couldn't ...let them slander you with false accusations. How can they tell people lies... we were the ones who destroyed those dangerous drugs even before they could be released on the market and after Gentle, you are the second person who... is good to me and we are a team, so I couldn't see them slander our team leader." She said with her head still looking down.

"Well... Put that aside for now. Nothing good is going to come out after looking at people abusing each other just because they've differing opinions. Let's talk about serious matters here." I patted her head for some time and then turned to the dining table which acted as our conference table to discuss things.

I and Danjuro took our seats, while La Brava couldn't do anything as she was currently hugged by Eri. Eri was consoling her 'LaLa Nee-Chan' by patting her head and saying soothing words like 'No one is better than my Nee-Chan.', 'They don't know we are the Night Raid Logistics Team if they knew they would be cowering in fear before saying those rude words to you' etc. I didn't care much about it.

After Eri's counseling ended, La Brava took a seat and Eri sat next to her.

"Where's Knuckleduster?" I asked Danjuro. I asked him to call Knuckleduster over, as we have important things to discuss.

"He should have arrived by now but it seems he is late." Danjuro shrugged his shoulders.

We talked about random things like Danjuro taking La Brava on a date etc. and waited for Knuckleduster to come.

He finally arrived at 11:55 PM,

"Sorry, It seems I am late." He said sorry but his face wasn't expressing the 'sorry' he said.

"Yeah, You are a late old man. Looks like your old age has started showing its colors." I said in a cynical tone.

"Whatever Creepy Bastard, Who even cares about the opinion of a creep who likes to scare others? Nobody cares about you or your opinion, so shut your mouth."

"Acting like Teenager to avoid the fact that you are getting old? Good Trick, I will also use this after 20 years, if I am a senile old man like you at that time." I retorted back.

"Want to take this outside, little shit? I can take like 10 of you at once." Knuckleduster raised his knuckles to intimidate me.

"Yeah, first take care of one Night Slash, then we will talk about taking 10." I took out my katanas in response to his intimidation.

Eri had enough of these 'old men', so she stood up on her seat and shouted.

"STOP!!! Stop acting like kids you two."

We stopped and looked at the 'intimidating' Eri. Being Scolded by a kid for acting like a kid was not a good feeling. So I put back the katanas in the scabbard and sat down on the chair. Knuckleduster also had the same feelings as me and he silently took a seat.

After spending some time in awkward silence, I looked at the clock which showed 11:58 PM, I then stood up from my seat.

"Today I have asked you all to gather here for a very important matter..." I said but my eyes were fixed on the clock opposite to me.

"That is.." I said in a slow tone, extending time.

When the clock hit 12:00 AM,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LA BRAVA!!!!!/ LALA NEE-CHAN!!" I and Eri shouted at the same time.

After that, a cake appeared on the table with candles lit on it. And a party popper appeared in Eri's hands, she pulled the string, and with a loud sound, confetti was covering our heads.

First, La Brava had a shocked face, then the expression started changing from happiness to crying. She used her hands to wipe her tears but the flow didn't stop. Eri quickly went for the rescue.

"Nee-Chan what happened? Is it not to your liking?" Eri asked innocently.

"No... No... Everything is.. good. I am just getting a bit emotional... Nobody celebrated my birthday ....with me except Gentle" La Brava said with red eyes as she was still shedding tears of happiness.

"Well, I think the Birthday Girl should wipe her tears first and then cut the cake as we have a senior citizen here who needs to go bed early." I said with the 'old man' part directed to a certain someone. But that person didn't respond to that.

'It seems I am the only one acting like a child.'

La Brava then came and cut the cake. Everybody clapped and Eri was the loudest.

The first bite was given to Danjuro, followed by Eri and then Knuckleduster. La Brava then turned towards me.

"Chief..." She said and extended her hand to offer me a bite.

"What? How I am supposed to eat with my helmet on?" I denied the offered cake.

"Papa, don't deny the Birthday Girl."

I sighed listening to what my daughter said. I complied and grabbed the lower part of my helmet. I used Overhaul and made the lower part of the helmet movable. I then remade that part a bit making it easier to move, so now I can lower that part to eat.

"Aaah", I opened my mouth for La Brava. She sweetly pushed a huge chunk of cake into my mouth. I choked on it and coughed. When I looked at the perpetrator, she was laughing and giggling with Eri.

I smiled looking at the two. I then turned to Knuckleduster who talking to Danjuro in a corner.

"Seriously... What is going on in his head? Endeavor and heroes are on his ass. The public is against him and he is enjoying a party here." Knuckleduster expressed his annoyance to Danjuro.

"But what can we even do about this? The entire thing is on his shoulders and he said he will deal with this. I think we should believe in Chief." Danjuro said his thoughts to Knuckleduster.

"But..." Knuckleduster was about to say something but I interrupted him.

"It's not like me enjoying some time will give my true identity and location to Endeavor. So just chill here and stop being so paranoid about this situation. Even if Endeavor gathers a lot of heroes, it will be an advantage in combat, not intelligence gathering. And if they turn to HPSC's gates to look for my information, I don't think President Ige will break the terms of our 'deal'."

Knuckleduster didn't say anything in reply as he also agrees with my explanation but it was his attentive and careful behavior (Paranoia) that led him to think of the worst possibilities.

"I escaped an unexpected ambush of 6 heroes with most of them being Top Heroes. Then if I have enough information and preparations, don't you think I will be able to defeat the entire crusade?"

Knuckleduster didn't say anything but just nodded.

So, to lighten up the mood, I switched on the Karaoke for everyone to sing.

Eri was the first to sing. She stood up from the couch and chose the song which she wanted to sing.

"This song is dedicated to Papa. Sometimes I act like a spoiled kid, but still, Papa takes care of me without saying anything to me. I am sorry but I promise I will be a good girl from now on." She then turned to look at the screen and started singing.

88