Chapter 3: The Slime And The Adventurer
9.5k 25 184
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone, starting today I will be attempting a table for the system as well as adding more imagery and better linear story pacing. However, I would like to note that some parts of this novel will contain what you may call straight-up "porn." If you have issues with this then don't read. The novel itself however is not porn and will have a cohesive story and character development. Thanks so much <3

Enjoy!

__________________________________

 

Name: Lily Level: (0/30)
HP: 150/150 MP: 50/50

Race:

Parasitic Slime Of Consumption

Titles:

Slime Eater, The One Who Cares, First Of A Race, Parasite

Condition: Fine, Confused Class: Slime Overlord
Subclasses: None Stat Points: 24
 Dexterity: 4 Strength: 12
Intelligence: 10

Agility: 7

Magic: 5 Stamina: 15

Active Skills: [Morph], [Split], [Create Slime],  [Infect], [Mind Control], [Mana Bolt], [Summon Undead Slime], [Consume],  [Parasite], [Words Of Control]

Passive Skills: [Skill Fusion], [Create Martial Arts], [Minor Elemental Control], [100 Slime Body], [Sense Mana]

 

Authors Note: [Is this good? Let me know! I simplified some stuff, the Dex stat is gonna be weapon control & accuracy.]

Lily assumed that it automatically evolved her a second time. She was a lot stronger now and had some stat points she could use but decided to wait so she could use them when she needed to. For now, she had wasted too much time in the forest and needed a way out.

It was strange for Lily to be adapting to this world so quickly. She knew that assimilating with a slime helped but it was still a new world. She gathered her clothes and equipment and started to get dressed. She realized that the cut on the shirt was going to be an issue, but by turning it around she solved most of the problem. She wasn't exposing herself at least. The pants were also very baggy and too long, she cut the ends off and tightened the belt, tying it into a knot when she realized the notches didn't tighten that much. 

The verdant and lush forest surrounding her seemed more vibrant than before reflecting the sun's rays off of the shiny tree leaves and the wind made the grass dance as it passed. It was a beautiful day Lily wanted to lay in the clearing, free of canopies, and take a nap. Unfortunately, she didn't have that luxury.

She set off once again to find some information about this world, and maybe a settlement of some kind. Lily, however, didn't manage to get very far before she found someone wandering the woods like her. She spotted a girl fighting a wolf similar to the ones she had previously slain, which had grey-ish silver fur and red eyes, the first thing she noted was that in the rays of the sun and bright oak colors of the forest she seemed magical. The woman swung her blade with much grace almost like a dance. 

"Hello! Excuse me," She called in the direction of the woman, which quickly snapped her head around to take a look at the person who was calling her. She seemed to tense up when she noticed Lily.

Lily was stunned again, the woman had a very curvaceous body and her skin seemed so smooth, even after battling wolves in the middle of the forest. Her crystal blue eyes were a sharp contrast to her hazel brown hair, but the most surprising thing was that two dog ears hanging next to her head. 

"What do you want?" the woman said back.

"I was wondering if you could help me, I've been lost in this forest for a while now and need some help getting out. Do you think you could help?"

"If you wanted to get out of the forest then why did you travel so far into it? It seems strange that you would come here without knowing your destination." She said, slowly backing away from Lily. Lily on the other hand was trying to get closer to hear her better and interact with her. 

"Stop coming closer!" she yelled at Lily pointing at her with her sword. "I don't know you, and a normal person couldn't come this far into the forest, who are you?"

"I am Lily, I was hunting some wolves but lost my sense of direction after also losing the rest of my belongings. Please I really need some help and information."

The lady looked at her menacingly one last time before nodding and sheathing her sword. She walked behind a nearby oak tree and pulled out a large brown leather backpack which she threw over her shoulders effortlessly even though it looked like it weighed at least 90 kg (Approx. 200 pounds)

She sighed and said, "Fine, you can come with me, just don't weigh me down."

"Would you like some help with that?" Lily said, pointing at the bag on her shoulders.

"No, but thanks"

"Sure," Lily replied, taking steps closer to the new girl.

"What's your name?" asked Lily.

"Hannah," said the girl in a flat tone.

"Ok. It's nice to meet you," Lily said with a large smile on her face.

The girl smiled back and said, "Likewise."

Lily was extremely happy that she made a friend, giddy even. She assumed that the slimes childlike nature was the cause because in her past life she never got giddy just making a friend. Although, she had to admit it was nice to have companionship. 

The duo traveled for quite a bit of time before deciding to set up a camp when the sun was beginning to set on the horizon. Hannah began gather sticks for the fire.

"What are you doing out here?" asked Lily curiously.

"Working. Hunting for monsters lets me make enough to live." Said Hannah while setting the sticks up to a pitch. She pulled back after completing the tent of wood and said a few words Lily couldn't make out. Suddenly fire shot out of Hannah's hand and lit the fire.

Lily who was a bit too close yelped and jumped back. She stared at the glowing embers and fire slowly licking the bigger logs. 

"Magic," she whispered, marveling at the new and unknown concept.

"You've never seen magic before?" asked Hannah, who was shocked. "Magic is used everywhere, how could you possibly have never seen it."

"Nuh-uh" Lily shook her head. "It's my first time."

"Oh well, it was a pretty simple spell, as long as you have a fire affinity you can use it."

"Really?!" Lily said enthusiastically.

"Want me to teach you?" offered Hannah. 

"Yes, please!" replied Lily, moving closer to Hannah, breathing over her shoulder. Hannah blushed and pushed Lily back a bit. Lily was still waiting excitedly for Hannah to start the lesson.

"Start gathering mana into your hand from your core and envision it starting to burn. After you feel that it's hot enough press the mana out of your hand," she said while a small ball of fire appeared on her hand. 

"Wow" breathed Lily.

She tried to do the same, sensing the mana in her body and bringing it into her hand envisioning it 

[Sense Mana] activated. 
Skill [Control Mana] created. 
Skill [Minor Elemental Control] activated.

She pushed the mana out of her body and a fireball was created in her hand. Slightly frightened she threw the ball into the campfire. 

Skill [Fireball] created.

"Look, Hannah, I did it!" she said jumping into Hannah's arms

"Y-yeah," replied Hannah blushing even more than before. Lily was starting to wonder if she had a thing for girls.

After the little magic lesson the sun was finally set and the pale glowing full moon was visible.

"Thanks for today, goodnight Hannah," Lily said laying on the ground and quickly falling asleep due to her exhaustion from evolving and traveling. 

184