Chapter 4: The Slime And Experimenting With Magic
8.2k 6 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily felt really good. This was the first time she had slept so soundly for a long time, was what she thought while waking up. The ever-shining sun protruding through her eyelashes bothering her while she tried to get comfortable again. She didn't want to wake up yet she wanted to sleep forever, however, she noticed something poking at her back and turned around. It was Hannah's elbow that twitched when it felt the pressure of Lily's back slowly fade. 'She's really pretty' thought Lily to herself, getting a better look at the dog girl who was breathing steadily causing her stomach to inflate and deflate steadily.

Lily wanted to surprise Hannah with some food before Hannah woke up so she started searching for something edible. 

Skill [Morph] activated.

 

Lily slowly got denser and denser, becoming smaller and smaller until she became a small clear slime. She looked like a spherical gelatinous prism that reflected the sun's rays, casting rainbows in her shadow. She went up to the nearest oak and slithered up its trunk, feeling the rough bark under her. When she reached the top she began her mission, she wanted to either find some eggs or some berries. Hannah was already carrying a lot of meat so that wouldn't have been much of a surprise. 

Having a good vantage point she scoured the trees and ground around her until she finally found what she was looking for, a bird's nest with eggs double her current size. The eggs were clear white with a shiny reflective surface as if they were varnished. "Wow," she muttered to herself and slithered down the tree heading in the direction of the eggs. She turned back into her human form for convenience and after about five minutes reached the base of one of the widest trees she had ever seen. It was a much darker muddy brown than the rest of the oak in the forest and almost triple the width. 

She only transformed part of her body this time and reached the nest in no time using her slithering technique once again. As she was going to grab the eggs she thought to herself, 'Wait what about the mother? Maybe this isn't such a good idea.' She noticed that after assimilating with a slime her reasoning and cognitive ability became more primal than they were before. She thought that it must have had to do with the fact that the slime was a very emotional and primitive creature. 

Waiting for a few more minutes Lily finally decided that the mother was not gonna come anytime soon so she grabbed the eggs and jumped off the tree. She landed with a small splat as her legs morphed into slime and back again so she could land the fall. She walked back through the greenery back to the campsite with the two eggs in tow. 

By the time she got back Hannah was already cooking some meat over the fire on a small sheet of metal that she carried in her backpack. 

"I found some bird eggs," Lily said expecting some praise. 

"Oh good find, thank you," Hannah replied, taking the eggs from Lily. "I'll prepare them don't worry, you can just focus on practicing your magic."

"Ok!" Lily said cheerfully. Every time she thought about Hannah it made her happy. She was happy to have a good friend, in her past life she wasn't the most social person, she had the slime to thank for her outgoing attitude. 

Lily spent a good while practicing her magic off to the side while Hannah was cooking. She figured that she would probably need to get used to controlling mana and not having to take a long time to conjure one spell, as she did with a fireball. She figured that after a skill was recorded she no longer actually needed to complete the processes necessary for normal magic casting anymore but figured it would be good regardless. 

She took a breath and focused on her mana and felt little whisps of different feeling energies inside her body. She took the whisps and moved them around in her body keeping them in a constant rhythm. She did that for a while before she saw the message:

[Mana Control Efficiency created!]

[Allows the caster to control mana more efficiently]

 

She was glad that she got a decently useful skill so why not keep experimenting with the different colors and what she could do. She once again called forth the whisps, this time pushing them all out of her body outwards forcefully. 

[Detect Magic created!]

[Allows the caster to detect mana and other magic users in a certain area]

 

She experimented for about another 20 minutes before her first issue came up.

[You have run out of mana, reverting to original form]

'Huh?!' she thought. She didn't know THIS was gonna happen, oh no, what will Hannah think. She didn't have time to consider the consequences as her body became more translucent and she started to shrink. If she was going to have to shrink she wanted Hannah to at least know that the slime was her so she did what she could.

"Hannah!" she yelled, making the dog girl turn around. "I am a slime! Sorr..guu!"She didn't manage to finish the sorry before she lost her mouth to the transformation. At least Hannah would know that she was the slime and wouldn't attack her. 'Or maybe not!' Lily thought as she saw Hannah sprinting towards her with her sword drawn. Lily then heard a screech behind her. 'Oh crap' she thought, 'Mama bird.' Lily didn't know why so many weird things had to happen to her at the same time.

170