Chapter 24: The Princess of The Idris Empire and Lily
2k 12 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, I hope you like it! I tried hard on this chapter, please tell me if I made a mistake. 

____________

"Fuck," muttered Maria to herself as she got dressed. Her ghoul tendencies were acting up again and she was hungry. 

"Dorian, bring me some steak!" she yelled at her butler who was waiting outside her door.

"For breakfast my lady?" came a questioning voice. 

"Yes, Dorian, must you ask the same question every time?"

"Very well my lady."

Maria heard his footsteps recede and sighed. She grabbed her ornate hair clip as she put her long blonde hair in a bun. She was taller than most and had an imposing demeanor. While her body was modest, she was by no means "flat." She adjusted her dress and looked at herself in the mirror, imagining holding a spear and fighting off monsters. Since she was young she had an interest in politics and spearplay, always wanting to be the best at those. Unfortunately, society was quite biased in Idris, instead of being able to take comfort in her parent's guidance, she ran away from being proper and taking etiquette. 

She became rebellious and practiced her spear techniques and read politics on her own away from her family. She quickly grew detached from them and as soon as she could left home. Unexpectedly, she was given her own city to rule over but she suspected it was only because the previous general had died. In almost less than two years she grew her city and it was becoming almost as popular as the capital. Sadly, her father didn't like this idea and for the past year had been chasing after her. 

Recently, he placed his own personnel in the city to prevent her from taking any military action. She was starting to get pissed off. She didn't even have control over the city guard anymore, it was ridiculous that a reigning noble couldn't control their own land. When she first became lord of the city she didn't expect it to be so difficult to put what she learned into practice so she got involved with the Helsean church. She thought that she could use their influence to get by and then cast them aside, that was not the case. 

Contrary to popular belief the Helsean church was very much a human religion but the people behind it might as well have been monsters. She did eventually manage to break their hold on her but it was already too late as she had been transformed from their "helpfulness." Although it was disgusting being a chimera and she felt constant pain in all parts of her body, she also gained a lot of power from the monsters inside of her. 

Just then Dorian came through the door carrying her stake on a plater, cutting off her thoughts. 

"For you my lady," he said, placing it on a small round table in the middle of the room.

"Thank you, Dorian," she said as she finished fixing her hair and sat down at the table. "Is my father still putting on that charade, trying to capture monsters entering the city?" 

"Yes, my lady, but no monster has been found and even if they were we could always intercept them."

"That's not the issue Dorian, it would solidify his argument that I am in league with monsters and the church."

"Anthropomorphic monsters are extremely rare my lady, it would be nearly impossible for any to show up in this-"

A guard burst through the door, "Your Majesty! Monsters were captured at the border, not just suspected, confirmed monsters!" 

"You were saying, Dorian?!" The princess jolted up from her seat, gabbing the steak and shredding it in her mouth while the guard was turned away. 

"Take me to the monsters immediately!" 

"Yes, Your Majesty," the guard replied.

The trio zipped through the hallways with large widows shining light throughout, it was peaceful and warm. As they began to approach the east wing, however, the one that was built into the mountain, the hallways were cold and dimly lit with candles. There were rumors that the east wing was haunted. 

Not long after Maria found herself in front of a cell room door that had been bolted shut. The bolts were removed and the door was opened, the light slowly spreading and revealing the rest of the room. Dorian began talking about slimes after grabbing a report from a guard. Maria, on the other hand, was zoned out. 

To her left was a girl with long beautiful hair, her skin was pale but flawless, her breasts were not too large but not too small, her legs were slightly toned. Then, Maria met her eyes. She sucked in a breath her eyes were so beautiful, they were blue but they seemed to gently shift colors. At that moment Maria realized that the girl in front of her was naked, her eyes wandered back down to the girl's chest. The girl's nipples were erect, Maria moved her hand towards the girl's smooth skin, it was cold but radiated a warmth. The girl in front of her let out a little gasp as Maria's finger passed by her breast. 

"My lady!" Dorian said loudly, snapping Maria out of her trance. She looked at the girl again,  her eyebrow was raised and she had a slight blush, looking at Maria curiously. 

'What the hell are you doing Maria!' She thought to herself. Maria never really felt attraction before in her life, not towards anyone, she didn't know what she was feeling.

"Yes, Dorian?" Maria said trying to keep herself composed.

"The monsters are pretty high ranking even if they are slimes, they might be harmless but considering they have human forms we should still be cautious," Dorian said with a slight bow. 

"Right..." Maria sat quietly for a moment looking around the room at the other girls present. 'They could be a potential threat, we don't even know what they were doing here. I should take them to a more secure location and investigate. Well, I am a monster too so it wouldn't hurt to be a little lenient with them. Maybe I could... ah nevermind,' she thought. 

"Hi," a soft voice said causing Maria to flinch slightly. She turned and saw that the girl she was looking at before had spoken. 

"What is that girl's name Dorian?" Maria whispered to her butler. 

"Lily, my lady, but don't you think-"

"Hello, my name is Maria, the first princess of Idris."

"I am Lily, it's nice to meet you. I don't suppose you could let me down from here, right?"

"No that won't be possible," Maria shook her head. 

"I didn't think so," Lily said sadly, causing Maria to feel a little bad. "What is it that you want from us exactly?"

"We know you are monsters and because of recent murders, we are hoping to capture anyone related to the incidents. You are fortunate that you weren't taken to be executed immediately."

"Is that a threat princess?" Lily asked, staring sternly into Maria's eyes. 

"You must refer to her Majesty by a proper-" the guard attempted to say but was cut off by Maria. 

"I didn't mean it as such, forgive me," Maria said with a little bow making Lily also back off. 

"We should just kill the monsters now!" a guard from the hallway yelled as he swung his sword at Lily. 

Maria jumped to grab him but it was too late, he was already in motion. 

51