CH.9 Healed by an evil priestess
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaiah was blissfully ignorant of many of the grim fates that were being enacted around the world.   Sometimes guild’s warred.  Sometimes people just killed whoever to see if they could.   Sometimes people did sketchy things too like exchange items between their alts.   In the case before Zilath would be Finbar’s alt.   If the immortals caught someone doing that they were likely to be punished harshly.   People were not supposed to talk about their alts and stuff like that.  The game stressed staying in character.   

 

Isaiah’s plan was to go find the components needed to identify that bone dagger he got from the goblin assassin.  So he headed through the west gate of shadow and saw Gabrielle standing there next to the gate guards.

Gabrielle says: “Greetings cousin.  You seem to be injured let me heal your injuries.”

Gabrielle starts casting a spell.

Gabrielle touches your nose and heals you completely.

HP: 45/45

Gabrielle smiles at you.

 

Another newbie walked the gate and looked over both Isaiah and Gabrielle.   After a moment he left and headed east into town.

 

Isaiah says: “Why are you just standing here healing whoever passes by?”

Gabrielle says:  “I am not healing whoever there is a specific criteria.”

Isaiah raises an eyebrow.

Isaiah says: “And what would that be?”

Gabrielle says:  “I am only healing elves of course.”

Isaiah frowns.

Isaiah says: “I didn’t think about that.”

Gabrielle waves a hand.

Gabrielle says: “Look at the adventurers that come into shadow Isaiah.  This place is filled with things that are half of what you and I are.   Elves that don’t act like elves are nothing more than pointy eared humans.”

 

This was not what Isaiah expected out of Gabrielle.  She was supposed to be evil.  She was a priestess of Loviatar the goddess of torture.  Villains are not supposed to make someone question right or wrong.  He expected her to be like Nightfall, someone who just appeared from the dark and took people’s lives for no reason.  

 

She had a point though.  Isaiah was an elf, what about his roleplay thus far was uniquely elven?   He could have very much just been a human, gnome or halfling.  Was it faithfulness to other elves that made for good elven roleplay?   Should Isaiah never go to the city and only adventure in forest areas?   Would such a thing even be viable?   

 

Isaiah had apparently just froze up while Gabrielle was waiting for a reply.  

 

Gabrielle says:  “Well, think about who you will be.  An elf or a pointy eared human.”

Isaiah says: “What kind of an elf would serve Loviatar.”

Gabrielle smiles.

Gabrielle says: “You should go to the library and research my background one of these days.   My story is not a secret.”

Isaiah says: “I think I will do that . . . cousin.”

Gabrielle curties.

Gabrielle says: “I see there may be hope for you yet.”

Isaiah waves.

Isaiah say: “Goodbye Gabrielle I have business in the city.”

 

Isaiah left east headed to the main adventure hall.   His thoughts were a blur.  Gabrielle had really thrown him for a loop.   People playing evil characters apparently are not like villains in RPGs.   They can be much more articulate.  He mentally added researching Gabrielle’s background to his mental todo list.

1