CH.27 Re-Creators
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After taking care of his community college studies and work, Isaiah logged back in on the evening of the next day to a big surprise.

 

Mudwide news:  A new update will allow characters to have their aesthetics more defined.  Also, subraces have been implemented for certain races.  Everyone who doesn’t have these set will be sent back to a creation room on logging in to set them up.  Also, class given titles will go away as it is a giveaway for that character's level.  Character level should be an OOC info and not known just by looking at someone’s title.  High Mortals will still be able to set a custom title but it will not show up in their short description or on the who list.  New variables have been added for setting your character’s short description.  The only required one is $R which will display race.  $E will display eye color and $H will display hair color.  Builds have been added as well as height and weight and age.  

Your friendly neighborhood immortal -Crystal

You have been magically transported elsewhere.

 

Character Creation Room.

This is a room with some buttons and switches where characters can pick what they want to be.  <Press button> will get you started.

 

There are no exits.

 

Isaiah’s player panicked.  Character creation had been something he wanted to avoid doing again at any cost.  The rolls of stat numbers scrolling across the screen for hours while he rerolled had traumatized him again.  Six sets of numbers between 3 and 18 in groups seemed to form in the back of his mind, closing in on him in massive groups waiting for his choice only to judge him for not picking good enough.  His rational mind wasn’t working right.  He didn’t consider that this might not take hours until he took a few minutes to collect himself and calm down a bit.

Isaiah pressed the button and the first prompt appeared before him.

 

‘Your race is elf, subrace options are:

Moon Elf

Sun Elf

Wood Elf

Pick one.’

 

Isaiah is a Lathander follower.  Lathander is the god of the sun.  He figured the sun elf should work best.

 

‘Sun elf eye color options:

Golden, Amber, emerald, green,violet,amethyst’

 

Amber eyes sounded the coolest for his little elf character so he picked that.

 

‘Sun elf hair color options:

Golden, crimson, scarlet, ebony, red, blonde, silver’

 

Silver was the winner here.  Isaiah would be a silver haired, amber eyed sun elf.  After selecting hair and eye color it was body type

 

‘Elf body types: select 1 to 10 lower being skinner and 10 being bigger the result will be slightly randomized based on your charisma.”

 

Isaiah selected ‘4’.

 

Body type options: Slim, Frail, Sickly

 

Isaiah became a Slim build.

 

He was 60 inches and 95 lbs, the next line of text informed him.

 

The next prompt was for age which he selected as average.  There was a possibility to be a child, normal, middle aged, old, venerable.  Normal was simplest as there were not any extra stat modifications.  Also, normal was the only one that didn’t get a strength penalty.  He worked very hard on getting his 18 strength with a decent percentile.  He didn’t want it to get bumped down to 17 and lose all that hard work.  Also, the age categories for elves were huge.  Less than 102 was a child.  Over 175 years was middle aged.  Venerable aged elves are over 350 years old.  The game runs at 3x the time as real life for day / night cycle so an elven character would have to be real life years to change age categories.  

 

Randomization gave him an age of 145 years old.  

 

There was another change that came to the game with these updates.  Titles didn’t show in the who list anymore.  Everyone’s short description had to include their race.  The titles were now hidden from other players.  Isaiah’s player liked the titles they were cool but using the who list to tell what level people were and what class people were was also a bit unfair.  He got the idea that the game was trying to throw a bone to people who wanted to be a bit more mysterious.  However the list of adventurers seemed a bit less grand now.

 

 Players and High Mortals

 

A brawny male voadkyn

A sparkling blue-eyed lean female half-elf

A slender male voadkyn

A black-haired, blue-eyed male half-elf

A burned blue eyed elf

An elf with short dark hair, wearing a silver medallion

A emerald eyed female half-elf with shoulder length blonde hair

A male dwarf wearing silvery armor

A female half-elf with cyan eyes and long, brown hair

A green-eyed, dark-haired elf

A pale-skinned amber-eyed sun elf

A golden hair, blue eyed sun elf with etched armor

A female unborn

A gaunt male gnome

A female wood elf with coppery red hair

A well-built tattooed male drow

An average male voadkyn

There was no more list with 'Daelmas Luriel, Elven Weaponsmaster' or 'Ambrosia, High Dragoness of Silver'.  Gone was 'Gabrielle Veritellyn, Elven Outcast of Loviatar."  No more 'Joy DeSoli-Vanthros, Bard of many Colors' or 'Margath, First Son of the Bards'

The patch notes also include a new command <recognize>.  It recognizes someone by the name they are given.  For example typing “recognize elf as Isaiah” would tag the elf in the room as Isaiah and show Isaiah as the name for the elf in the room.  It was going to be tricky wandering around and asking everyone their names.  Isaiah’s player wasn’t really sure why everyone in the game was being required to share names with one another but it didn’t seem like too big of a deal.

The character creation / conversion wasn’t too painful. Isaiah showed up as a ‘slim male sun elf with silver hair and amber eyes’ after he played around with the command and the variables.  The only thing that was mandatory was race.  If race wasn’t added in then it would show up on the end.  His original attempt was ‘a golden elf’ but that seemed a bit simple.  There was something to be said for having it really short but some people also had quite long adjectives as well.  After he was finished he got dumped back into the main adventurer’s hall.  It seemed like a good time to change his description as well.  

 

Isaiah is a slim male elf with short cropped silver hair and bright amber eyes.  He wears light armor with a sword and a dagger at his belt.  His muscles are toned and he is well balanced on his feet.

Isaiah’s player didn’t know much about different kinds of elves but it didn’t seem so important to him.  How hard could it be to roleplay a sun elf?

0