EX: Daelmas’s Background
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was born to an ancient gold elven house in the land of Talmelia. To the Lady Anastrianna Laliesius and Avamil, of a lesser house. Within the elven homeland lived the three different subraces of elven kind, High, Grey, and Sylvan. This simple division would take up my earlier years. As the purest of the elven races us gold elves had the responsibility of leadership. Unfortunately, being somewhat less intelligent, the other elves did not recognize this, so as happens so often with the rabble, we had little choice but to force this upon them. It was in this pursuit that I was raised. The Lady Anastrianna, I shall call her that as I could not call her mother, was my teacher in this. I saw my father in the earliest years of my life, but nothing afterwards. He always meant little to me anyway. The Lady Anastrianna was my idol. She always knew what to do and how to do it. Still today I strive to be as calm and confident as her. Anyway, it was she that raised me. The Lady Anastrianna also seemed to share some of these thoughts, as she attempted to make myself into everything that she was. I was trained as a warrior and a mage. It was a simple thing for her to train me in swordplay and magecraft. The most important part of my training was in my beliefs and ideals. I was to be a perfect weapon for Lady Anastrianna. Able to think for myself in so far as to fight and lead others, but so utterly loyal that I was to do everything she wished without question. So able was she, that I never did question her. To one such as myself, the wisdom in her words and actions was obvious. Under her tutelage I excelled in all aspects of elven culture, for not only was I a warrior, but also a noble. I was taught life in the courtroom, for it was my responsibility to be above those I would lead. Ah, but such things are all but lost to me now, buried under the dealings with so many simpletons now. I worry not about it anymore. Anyway, I was perfect in such endeavors. As such, so very much was expected of me. I would not disappoint the Lady Anastrianna though. So it was with such motivation that I undertook my first tasks, the slaying of certain influential elves. So it was that I murdered some of my own people, lesser beings to be sure, but elves all the same. It was for the best though, as it still is today at times, unfortunately. It continued this way for some time. Hidden in the shadows, my house would strike at unknowing targets throughout the land. I believe my first task, oddly enough, was to slay a princess of another land. It was all too easy, as Lady Anastrianna told me it would be. She always believed royalty to be foolish, at least moon elven royalty. The princess seemed careless enough, walking alone on a rainy night. Of course, elves do not hurt each other, so I suppose there was little reason for cautious. The rain even washed the blood away, at least to all appearances. My life went rather like this for the next few years. It was not all just simple killings though. Gathering information and allies was always an important part. Spying, seduction, threats, all were ways my house and I used to further our cause. Everything came quite easily to me, having simply learned from the best. Until the other houses would stand with us, we had to cover our actions and ourselves. The easiest way to do this, at least that I have found, is through a reputation. People will, of course, believe what they hear repeated enough. So it was that I traveled. Bringing back many items of interest to the elves, as well as other odd deeds towards the good of elvenkind. Always, despite what so many fools would believe, we worked towards that end. I enjoyed this period of my life. Traveling was simple. Seeing new things and new places was always something I could take pleasure in. My traveling companions also pleased me, but I should say no more of them. Lady Anastrianna was always cautious to send me to only the worst of lands. So that I could see firsthand the brutality and depravity of other races. This only fueled my anger towards everyone. I never understood how such primitive beasts could take the world from my own kind. If only the others knew what I do. Eventually, the reputation needed was built up. My own, along with that of my house and the Lady Anastrianna, all went together to bring us such glory that many other houses almost fell over themselves to be allied with us. Naturally, only the gold elven houses were truly accepted. They embraced Lady Anastrianna's idea to rule over the lesser elven races. Being superior, as they are, how could they not? Slowly numbers began to turn more to our own side. Into every aspect of elven life, we placed our people. I, myself, was made Weaponsmaster of the foremost school in the land. Magic is indeed part of what I am, but I have always believed in the reliability of the blade. I took my post to train our warriors and to spy on those who may prove difficult in the future. Our allies did this in the mage tower and other schools throughout the land. Getting into the other houses was trickier. I still do not approve of how this was done, and so I shall not say, out of shame. Much was learned about our enemy, how lazy they had become. Rather then take what was rightfully ours, the moon and sylvan elves were too easily amused with themselves. So careless and chaotic. It was an easy thing, to run this school. I delighted in playing an elven hero and coming together with the students. Naturally, I had to keep my true motives hidden. I met many interesting people at the school. Foremost being an elf who would later become my closest friend. His name was Maniliemal. A gold elf, naturally. He was an immensely talented warrior, and intelligent enough to know his own limitations. Completely loyal to the cause, he was quick to progress into one of my favorites. As we moved more students into the schools, a greater number of teachers were needed. Maniliemal filled that gap within my own school. Only once did I encounter anything truly interesting. Some elf, one of the sons of an older moon elven clan, showed enormous promise. I went to the Lady Anastrianna to seek advice on how best to approach this situation. As was to be expected, she believed this one should be slain, before he became too much of a problem. This was the only time in my life that I went against her. I did not hurt this elf, a mistake to be sure, and one that would come back to haunt me later. Eventually I was moved from the school. There was a better place for me, in the palace itself.

I was to help tutor some royal brat. The young prince, Ladameous, was quickly taken with me. It was a shame he had to die. It was his first time hunting in which he met his end. A trip I set up for him, but did not attend. Of course, it looked like only an accident. A simple trick, but an effective one none the less. After a short period of mourning, I removed myself back to my house. I spent the next few years with the Lady Anastrianna, watching and learning. This was one of the happiest times of my life. There was work to be done though, and it did not last. After about three years I was moved out of the kingdom. A certain ambassador needed to be removed. This took me once again through the lands of the lesser races. As always, I saw only hatred and injustice everywhere. It is not so easy a thing for a faerie to move unnoticed. In fact, I could not do it. The ambassador heard of me, and received me. Unknowing of my true mission he was rather warm. I should have ended my mission right there. I feared letting the Lady Anastrianna down though, and so I carried through with it. The sudden death of the ambassador only naturally caused suspicion, and it lay on myself most of all.

This was, perhaps, the beginning of the end for our cause. Knowing not what else to do, I returned to my position of Weaponsmaster at the school. A shadow remained on me though. It was difficult for them to believe one elf would kill another, so no action was taken against me, but I felt the curious stares follow my back at times. At the time I simply could not take it, I was not strong enough. Soon, I left the school, returning home to be with the Lady Anastrianna again. I had no wish for her to see me in such a state, but there was little choice for me either. Doing this raised only more suspicion. We did not know it at the time, but the other elves slowly had begun to prepare for a problem arising. This time, I avoid Lady Anastrianna as much as possible. Thankfully, for my own life, she did not make me feel accused. I am not sure if I would have been able to live with that, not from her.

I still do not understand it, how they would have known. Yet they did. After spending my entire childhood fighting from the shadows, hiding from the eyes of the other elves, it was the other elves who struck first. That very elf, from the moon elven clan, that I spoke of earlier, slew Maniliemal. Lady Anastrianna was correct, as always, I should have killed him when I had the chance. Half the island turned against us. Moving like a machine of steel and magic, caught unaware the other houses stood no chance. Mine, however, was lead by Lady Anastrianna, and her full force was turned upon this resistance. Half a land against a single family of elves is hardly fair though. It was a glorious fight indeed, but in the end, we could not possibly prevail. Deep into the house itself the fighting went, until it came down within a room in which huddled myself, a few of my siblings and cousins, and Lady Anastrianna. Our only thought at the time was to allow the lady time to escape. With such motivation in mind, I fought brilliantly. Eventually, Lady Anastrianna was able to open a portal, to a place I still look for today, and so she escaped. With her gone I tired of fighting and was eventually defeated. Knocked unconscious, I was not killed, but my sentence was to be chosen later as banishment. And so here I am.

0