CH.28 Raveena
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaiah took some time to hit up the local components shops and get what he could afford.  He bought all he could for fireball and lightning bolt components as well as monster summoning.  These spells were cheap and he liked them cheap.  The pearls needed to cast identify remain expensive to him.  Isaiah made it a point to kill the troll that dropped around 100 gold in echo mountains just because it was easy to get to and had decent cash per time sink.  He’d made it a habit to spend a few minutes zipping over there to kill it and collect the gold.  Isaiah memorized some spells to make sure he had slots filled with the level 3 lightning bolt and fireball.  His level 1 slots tended to be magic missile by default.  He'd forget one of the magic missiles if he had to if he needed to identify things.  

 

His plan was to head back to deku and kill Jarrow again and try to collect a higher level scroll to boost up his spellbook but when he was zooming through shadow he noticed a female elf and wanted to go talk to her.  He might have already known her because the who list didn’t have any names anymore.  Having to exchange names with everyone he met promised to be a pain.  However, it wasn’t different than real life.  In reality people couldn’t tell each other’s names just by looking at them so it was not like it didn’t make any sense.  

 

Isaiah, having spent most of his money on components, was walking down the main street of shadowing when he ran across ‘a female elf with brown hair and blue eyes.’  He stopped and figured a proper elf wouldn’t walk past a beautiful elven maiden on the street without greeting her.

 

Isaiah says: “Hello cousin.  I’m Isaiah.”

Isaiah introduces himself to the room.

 

A female elf with brown hair and blue eyes says: “Hello!  I’m Raveena!”

 

Trying <recognize elf as raveena> seemed to work.  

 

Isaiah says: “Sunshine and dewdrops Raveena.”

Isaiah bows to Raveena.

 

Raveena looks distressed.

Raveena says: “I need to find a priest.”

Isaiah says: “A priest?”

Raveena says: “Are you a priest?”

Isaiah shakes his head.

Isaiah says: “Not anymore what’s wrong?”

Raveena sighs deeply.

Raveena says: “I need to find a cure for something unpleasant.”

Raveena gestures between her legs and winces.

Isaiah smiles awkwardly.

Isaiah says: “Oh.. um…I’m sorry I wouldn’t know the first thing.”

(What is with this game? Raveena has an STD how do you even code that?)

Raveena says: “Well hopefully a priest can cure me.”

Isaiah says: “Maybe Light or Schatten can help you?  Do you know them?”

Raveena thinks and nods.

Raveena says: “I have met them, maybe they can help me.  Today hasn’t really been my day.”

Raveena sighs.

Isaiah nods.

 

A bolt of lightning strikes Cheezu leaving… well not much.

 

Isaiah blinks in disbelief.

(Cheezu?  That was the guy he ran across on deku. What in the world could he have done to get RID?  Will have to check the rid board later and see what he did wrong.)

 

Isaiah says: “Not great weather we are having today. . .”

Raveena agrees.

Raveena says: “I’m not a big fan of lightning either.”

Raveena shudders.

Isaiah agrees with Raveena.

Isaiah says: “Yes, that kind is particularly dangerous.”

Isaiah looks up and gulps.

Raveena says: “The gods can be assholes sometimes.”

Raveena grumbles.

(Isaiah’s player paused for a bit at this, he didn’t expect Raveena, a pure eleven maiden to curse the gods so abruptly and it left him speechless)

 

Isaiah risked looking over Raveena.

 

Raveena is a beautiful female elf.  She wears reddish form fitting leather armor. She has long brown hair and bright blue eyes.  It shows off her curvy, well-endowed womanly figure.  She has pointed ears showing her elven heritage.

 

She is carrying:

Demonskin (worn)

Slayer (wielded )

Gibbering shield (worn)

Silk Cloak (worn )

Ring of Protection (worn)

A red skirt (worn)

A kit of blue vials (40 left)

A large sack

 

The first  noticeable thing  is that she could afford healing vials.  It must be nice to not have to spend every single copper on spell components.  Heck, even copper was a spell component and it didn’t cost 1 copper.  Also, her gear choice seemed a bit. . . dark.  Wearing a demonskin and wielding a slayer she seemed more like villain attire than a heroine attire in his mind's eye.   Anyway, to each their own.  Far be it from Isaiah to judge someone on how they dress.  

 

After an awkward moment, someone walked into the room where Isaiah and Raveena were standing.

 

A male half-elf with black hair and brown eyes enters.

Raveena smiles.

A male half-elf with black hair and brown eyes flirts with Raveena.

A male half-elf  with black hair and brown eyes fondles Raveena’s ass.

A male half-elf  with black hair and brown eyes says: “Hello there baby.”

 

(Isaiah saw this as some man coming in and harassing his cousin elf.  It set him off a bit. So he looked over the newcomer)

 

A male half-elf with black hair and brown eyes. .

He is carrying:

A bone knife (wielded)

A bone knife (wielded)

A silk cloak (worn)

Leather armor (worn)

A kit of blue vials (20 left)

2 large sacks

 

Isaiah says: “Hey who do you think you are harassing my cousin like that?”

A male half-elf with black hair and brown eyes says: “I’m Marlykan who the hell are you?”

 

(Isaiah quickly recognized the half-elf as marlykan because the spam from an unrecognized person talking was really annoying to read)

 

Isaiah says: “I’m Isaiah and someone who demands elven maidens be treated with respect!”

Marlykan says: “What are you stupid?”

Isaiah growls.

Isaiah says: “You leave her alone!”

Marlykan raises an eyebrow

Marlykan says: “Or what?”

Isaiah says: “Leave her alone or I’ll make you leave her alone!”

Isaiah unwields sword of insanity.

Isaiah unwields bone dagger.

Isaiah removes armor.

Marlykan says: “Try me little elf!”

Marlykan spits on the ground.

 

You begin casting a spell.

Marlykan tries to stab you in the back!

A ball of fire blasts into marlykan

Marlykan misses you.

Marlykan misses you.

You begin casting a spell.

A ball of fire blasts into marlykan

Marlykan misses you.

Marlykan hits you.

HP: 50/60

You begin casting a spell

Marlykan quaffs a draught from a blue kit.

Marlykan quaffs a draught from a blue kit.

A ball of fire blasts into marlykan

Marlykan drops dead before you.

 

All the thieves in the land suddenly wonder where Marlykan’s corpse might be found.

 

Isaiah quickly got everything from the corpse and wore it all.  The only things he could equip were the silk cloak and the leather armor.  He did loot a couple thousand worth of assorted coins though.  He took a moment to wield his sword and dagger and quaff one of the potions.

 

HP: 60/60

 

Isaiah says: “Well Raveena that mess is now over he won’t be bothering you again.”

Isaiah kicks the corpse.

Raveena says: “Well about that. . .”

Isaiah looks at Raveena questioningly.

Isaiah says: “Yes?”

Raveena says: “You know how I said I was looking for a priest?”

Isaiah nods.

Raveena says: “He paid me for a service and the disease manifested itself.”

Isaiah tilts his head.

Isaiah says: “I don’t understand.”

Raveena says: “Don’t make me explain the service.”

Isaiah pales.

Isaiah says: “Oh. . .”

Isaiah looks at the corpse and grimaces.

Isaiah says: “So what now?”

Raveena smiles at you.

Raveena says: “Well, aren't you a strong and noble elf, but can I repay you?”

Isaiah gulps.

Raveena winks at you seductively.

 

(this awkward conversation continued along for several minutes when it became quite apparent that Raveena was in fact a lady of the night and Marlykan was her client.  Isaiah was looking for a polite way to exit the situation when he was interrupted.)

 

Marlykan enters.

Marlykan looks over the corpse.

Marlykan looks you over.

Marlykan says: “Give me my things back.”

Isaiah says: “I don’t have your things, these are from a dead person.”

Marlykan says: “Really?  Then why are you wearing my cursed cloak?”

Marlykan smirks.

Isaiah shakes his head.

Marlykan says: “Fine. Die”

 

Marlykan tries to stab you in the back!

You hit Marlykan 

You hit Marlykan

Marlykan missed you.

Marlykan hits you.

Marlykan starts scrambling about the battlefield.

HP: 49/60

You hit marlykan

Marlykan scrambles deftly from your blow.

The sword tells you: “I shall now summon the demon king!”

A rabbit appears before you

Rabbit misses marlykan.

Marlykan missed you

Marlykan hits you

HP: 41/60

Marlykan fails to land a backstab on you.

You unwield sword of insanity

You unwield dagger

You remove armor

You begin casting a spell.

A bolt of lightning leaps from your hand and zaps into Marlykan.

Marlykan drops dead before you.

 

The grim reaper happily accepts Marlykan’s soul.

Isaiah looked over the corpse again sitting next to the first one that was now looking a little rotten.  He quaffed a couple more of the potions again to top off his hp.

HP: 60/60

 

The only thing he had on him were a pair of daggers.

Isaiah frowns.

Isaiah says: “How did he buy weapons when he didn't get his corpse back.”

Raveena says: “Get money from his bank account?”

Isaiah says: “What’s that?”

Raveena says: “It is just up the road, you can deposit money in the bank so that you don’t lose it all when you die.  How do you not know this?”

Isaiah sighs.

Isaiah says: “I just didn’t know sorry I’m new.”

Raveena pats you on the head.

Raveena says: “That’s okay now you know.”

Raveena pets rabbit.

Isaiah says: “I think I need some time alone now this whole situation feels dirty.”

Raveena nods.

Raveena says: “Well if you’d like some company later come and see me.”

Raveena winks and smiles.

Isaiah says: “Thanks I’ll consider it.”

Isaiah waves.

Isaiah leaves north.

Lathander’s temple was becoming a sanctuary to Isaiah. It had become his default place to go when he wasn’t sure what he wanted to do next.  By the time he got there the rabbit his sword had summoned had despawned.  It was a sad thing the sword would only summon rabbits in a fight.  The rabbits were mostly useless in a fight.  They couldn’t hit anything and died in a single hit.  However, he’d grown attached to the cute fireballs.  Rabbits aside, Isaiah’s player needed some time to unpack the recent events.  

 

First and most importantly he had survived his first PK.  Second, he probably should have run away.  Or better yet, he shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions in the first place.  The reason Marlykan was acting like he owned Raveena was because he had paid for her ‘services.’  Maybe it spoke to his naivety that he didn’t even consider the possibility a cousin elf might sell herself to a half-human like that.  That aside, why didn’t Marlykan run away?  He normally would high tail it out of a hostile room if his hit points were dropping dramatically.  The fights in this game were high stakes.  The times that he had died his hit points vanished fast.  Also, why didn’t Marlykan try to chain stabs on him?  That could be done with spells though stab would be better because it doesn’t have a cast delay.

 

Isaiah [OOC] Can a thief stab, then exit the room come back in and stab again?

Vethor [OOC]  Not for a long time, stab disables the walking to an adjacent room.

Isaiah [OOC] Thank you vethor

 

As Isaiah sat in the temple of Lathander a thought occurred to him.  Perhaps the only real reason he came out of that okay was because of the fact the backstabs all directed at him missed.  Granted, Marlykan was much lower level than a monster like Nightfall who could down him in a single stab but the thief’s class signature ability was meant to hurt.  He thought back of that review he read where the fighter/thief/mage was the ultimate player killing build.  Maybe the person who wrote that scathing game review on mudconnector had gotten killed one to many times by people of that multi class build.  It was their way to quit playing after giving up because of player killing imbalance and offering a final snub.  

 

 Then there was his performance.  In hindsight he copied Harmony’s assault on him.  He didn’t have a bag of that powder Harmony used, nor did he know where to get it.  It worked, but likely the only reason it did was because of the missed stab.  He’d need to ask a more experienced person for some advice.  Being a pacifist was all well and good but there were some times when an elf needs to stand and fight.  Defending Raveena’s chastity was not one of them.  If someone came trying to murder Schatten or Light what would he do?

0