CH.29 The curse that keeps on giving
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaiah needed to not stagnate.  The first thing he needed to do was to get rid of Marlykan’s cursed cloak.  Cursed gear was a pain.  Cursed worn things lowered one’s armor class.  It would make them easier to hit.  The -2 silk cloak he had made him that much easier to hit.  So Isaiah headed back toward Shadow.  Of course he swung by that oddly rich troll and killed it again to collect around 100 gold that it dropped on the way.  Curse removal tended to cost thousands.  This -2 cloak would cost 2000 gold to get uncursed.  Isaiah sat in the church of shadow and reluctantly paid out the money.  It drained his funds to just having copper and silver. It was very tempting to just die and have death unequip.  Isaiah was still lower exp-wise then he had be before the Harmony murder.  Dying on purpose didn’t sit right with him though for enough money it would be sorely tempting.  

 

An acolyte accepts your sizable donation and then a priest chants a spell over the cursed item.

 

Hoping to finally be free of the curse, Isaiah tried to remove the silk cloak only to get an unpleasant surprise.

 

You can’t remove a silk cloak, it is cursed.

 

He’d have to go farm some more gold to get it back.  Isaiah headed back west towards shadow gates hoping to get another troll kill.  At 15 minutes a respawn it would take him several hours to grind out enough to get rid of the final -1 on the silk cloak but that was the quickest way he knew how.  Unlike when he walked past the guards.

 

You step on some hidden caltrops and fall to the ground when they pierce your feet.

HP:59/60

You have fallen and can’t continue west.

You have fallen and can’t continue west.

(spamming west didn’t seem to work, it looked like Isaiah was stunned and stuck in the room)

 

You catch someone with his hand in your pocket.

You catch someone with his hand in your pocket.

Someone chuckles.

Marlykan appears from the shadows.

Marlykan says: “Just getting reimbursed for what you took from me.  What are you gonna do about it?”

 

Isaiah checked his money and saw some was missing.

Marlykan frowns.

Marlykan says: “Not very rich are you?”

Marlykan slaps you.

You have managed to get back to your feet.

Isaiah says: “You are supposed to be dead.”

Marlykan smirks.

Marlykan says: “Try again?”

(If Isaiah was thinking more clearly he might have wondered why this jerk was trying to bait him into attacking him so badly but he didn’t.)

 

You start casting a spell.  

A bolt of lightning blasts into Marlykan!

Marlykan quaffs a healing vial.

Marlykan quaffs a healing vial.

Marlykan quaffs a healing vial.

Gate Guard attacks you!

Gate Guard attacks you!

Marlykan misses you.

Gate guard hits you.

HP:51/60

Gate guard hits you.

HP: 55/60

Gate Guard hits you.

HP: 50/60

Gate guard hits you.

HP: 45/60

Gate guard hits you.

HP: 34/60

Marlykan hits you.

HP:25/60

 

Isaiah was already spring loaded to run away because that seemed to be the best way to avoid dying and he started mashing west and left the combat.  He ran all the way back to the temple of Mystra to try to figure out why his hit points had been vanishing so fast.   He quickly quaffed about half of the blue potions and ended up at full HP.  He probably didn’t need to drink so many to top himself up but panic was panic.  His inner miser cringed as several messages saying ‘you feel not different than before’ spammed across the screen.

 

Marlykan [OOC] Darn, if you would have got back the way you came and tripped the other exit’s caltrops you would have been dead by the guards for sure.

Isaiah [OOC] WTF I killed you twice and you just keep coming at me like it is nothing.

Marlykan [OOC] Haw, you can’t stop me that easily.

Vethor [OOC] The OOC like is not for IG stuff like this fellas. . .

Someone [OOC]  What the hell is wrong with you people?  Why don’t you fear death?  

Marlykan [OOC] Fuck you someone

Someone [OOC] If you are not going to fear death I’ll give you something to fear.  Coming back after someone PK’d you and attacking them is crap roleplay.  That shit you and Raveena pulled earlier after that avatar interaction put you on thin ice and this is the last straw.

 

A bolt of lightning strikes Marlykan leaving. . . well not much.

 

Someone [OOC] Anyone that wants to disrespect the staff and then go straight to abusing city guard code for a PK can expect the same fate.

 

Isaiah stepped one room out of the temple on the road west of shadow.  He peered east to see if Marlykan was still there or at least his corpse.  There were just the gate guards at the gate to shadow.  Isaiah used to finger command to confirm his suspicions.

 

Finger marlykan

 

That play does not exist.

 

Crap, pissing off the staff could have some rather abrupt and permanent consequences.  That lightning bolt deleted his character.

 

Isaiah [OOC] Sorry, things just escalated rapidly.

Someone [OOC] Don’t worry Isaiah I hate you too and all the other people who just use melee classes to get mage levels for free.

Someone [OOC] Also look at your alignment and ask yourself if a character of that alignment should be attacking in cities at all.

Isaiah [OOC] Sorry :(

Isaiah’s player decided to shut up at this.  Someone was in a bad mood and he didn’t want to prod the beast anymore.  Ending up like Marlykan would probably be the outcome.  It seemed like a good time to log out and take a break.  

 

Isaiah headed west towards the temple of Lathander but swung by and killed the troll again to collect the easy ~100 gold.

 

You hit troll.

You hit troll.

You hit troll.

Troll misses you.

You hit troll

You hit troll

Sword tells you: “What does this do?”

Mana falls from the heavens.

Troll misses you.

You hit troll.

You hit troll.

Troll drops dead before you.

You offer the corpse of troll.

You get a pile of coins.

 

Isaiah moved one room away from the troll.  He figured the first thing he’d do when he logged back in was kill the troll again and collect his pile of coins.  Ah.. the search for more money.

 

0