Ch.38 Eye Problems
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Isaiah was checking over his things to see if anything else was missing he looked over his spellbook and noticed that he had said something that wasn’t true earlier.

 

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Cousins, looks like I do actually have teleport.”

Goldeneyes just shakes his head.

Schatten sighs deeply.

Schatten says with a lilting voice: “I worry about you sometimes Isaiah.”

Isaiah smiles sheepishly.

Goldeneyes speaks with a low voice: “Using teleport and a rift key is a good way to transport troops quickly.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Oh?  What is this rift key.”

Goldeneyes speaks with a low voice: “Have you ever been to Azha?”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Yes, though that Al-Radin guy showed me the way out.”

Isaiah frowns.

Goldeneyes speaks with a low voice: “Ever visit the shops in the plaza?”

Isaiah nods.

Goldeneyes gets a tarnish band of metal from sack. 

Goldeneyes shows you a tarnished band of metal.

 

This tarnish band of metal looks like something that should be thrown out.  It is greasy and is covered in nicks across the surface.  It looks like something a mother would warn their children about bringing into the house.

 

Goldeneyes speaks with a low voice: “The shop that sells these.  I don’t have one on me right now. I think Nightfall must have taken the one I had.”

 

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Sorry to hear that.  I just assumed everything that the vendor sold was junk.  It tended to crumble into dust when you tried to use it.  Nightfall has gotten me twice now.  I hadn’t even talked to him once before the first time.”

 

Goldeneyes speaks with a low voice: “Guessing he just thinks of shadow as his own personal hunting ground.  It is better not to try to empathize with evil though.  That half-elf serves Shar same goddess as the drow and he should be made dead like any drow.”

 

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “I’d settle for just being left alone.”

 

Goldeneyes speaks with a low voice: “Stick to places you won’t cross paths then. Use that invisibility spell you got when you go to town.  Teleport past places where people like to set up traps.”

Schatten speaks with a lilting voice: “This is why Kaarell and I tend to just drink tea in the temple lately.  Or he’ll use a rope trick spell to cut us off from people hunting us.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Are things that bad?”

Schatten nods.

Schatten says with a lilting voice: “The only things keeping Designa the high priest of Selune and Lydia the high priest of Mielikki from leaving these lands are each other.  A lot of bad things have happened to friends lately.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “I don’t know if I’ve spoken to those two much more than in passing.”

Schatten says with a lilting voice: “OOC- They are mostly on at nighttime with timezone differences and all.”

Goldeneyes nods OOCly.

 

What’s this about time zones?  Like different countries?  Isaiah’s player stupidly assumed that all of the other people playing this game were in America.  That there would be a whole batch of players that logged on to the game while he was sleeping was an interesting possibility.  If they were playing from Europe then they were living 8 hours into the future.  Someone that seemed like a night owl to him could in reality be an early bird.  Neat!

 

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Well, I don’t know about you two but I need to get some money and experience back.  How about forming a party and heading to deku to kill some drow?”

Goldeneyes smirks.

Goldeneyes says with a low voice: “I’m always up for ending some drow even if those drow are quite weak.”

Schatten agrees.

Schatten says with a lilting voice: “Sure I can come, maybe we can swing by Silvanius’s temple and have some tea afterward?”

 

You have created party elves.

You invite schatten to join party elves.

You invite goldeneyes to join party elves.

 

Schatten mentioned that she could just use the word of power spell and meet us at Silvanus’s temple.  But we decided it would be fun to take a boat and sail across the sea together after we made it to the shadow docks across the desert.  Goldeneyes made me cast detect invisibility and peer around before we came across any choke points in case there were any bad guys setting a trap right outside the city gates.  He made me do it again when we got to the Deku docks.  It was a good thing that one of us actually owned a boat because Isaiah didn’t notice he didn’t even have the 5 gold to pay for the ferry until they were already sitting at the docks.  Goldeneyes gave his advice about where to set a teleport room.  Apparently right in the center of town was a bad spot because the blue light that the spell made in the room was a warning to someone that they were about to be attacked.  Also, if someone is invisible it still makes that light so someone would know that there was a person teleporting to the room.  Isaiah’s teleport spot to Deku was some shipwright’s guild building that he had no idea what people were supposed to do there.  He likely would have picked the bar or the center of town because those would be the places he’d most likely find people but so far Goldeneyes had been patient with him and gave him some really good pointers.  For an elf, he was gruff, prone to violence but he seemed to really know what he was doing.

 

After they spent some time killing Jarrow and cycling through the drow to grind some experience, Isaiah decided to see if he could help Goldeneyes with his Loviatar problem.  The three of them were sourjourning in Silvanius’s temple and it seemed like people were getting ready to part ways.

 

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Goldeneyes, I wonder if I maybe could help with your Lussell problem.”

Goldeneyes raises an eyebrow.

Goldeneyes says in a low voice: “What do you mean?”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Well, Lussell serves Loviatar and Gabrielle, an elf, is her high priestess.  I was thinking maybe she could get her to stand down and give your eye back as a peace offering.”

Schatten sighs.

Schatten says with a lilting voice: “I don’t think that dealing with evil cults is a good idea Isaiah.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Still, I’d like to give peace a chance.  Maybe it might be the first step to redemption.”

Goldeneyes says in a low voice: “I won’t promise anything, but if you can get my eye back I’ll consider it.”

0