Chapter 11 – Ring Crafting & Proposal
341 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11 – Ring Crafting

Aura, Athena, and I left the fortress to perform our different errands. Walking into a store alone I head to the man behind the desk.

“Hello I’m Nathan and I have a letter of introduction.” After handing the old man the animal parchment he looked at me in surprise.

Giving me a quick bow he replies in a respectful voice. “Yes, I will happily take your commission lord. Please tell me your needs and I will do my best to achieve them to the highest standard.”

“Here are the designs, they are two engagement rings. In the future, the church will recommend you use rings to show you’re married.”

“That’s a lovely idea; I may have to do the same for my wife.” The old man looked down at the design and was amazed!

“My lad where did you get these plans from, these could revolutionize metalworking. I am willing to do the work for free as long as you supply the materials.”

While looking nervous I tried to answer confidently. “Oh, I bought them from an old blacksmith in a distant land. He designed the rings and gave me the plans for the tools. ”

While looking excited the old man continues “Thank you for letting me work on this, oh sorry for my rudeness my lord. I just get excited when I am working on something like this.”

“That’s fine, how long do you think it will take?”

“Lord Nathan, It will take some time. Even if I create the tools in this plan I will need time to learn to use them as well as to get them made. I will estimate a year at most for the two rings.”

“That’s fine. Please inform the fortress when you have finished the rings and I will bring an assortment of metals and gems. You can keep any leftover materials as payments.”

“Thank you my lord for your grace. May I ask for a request, I would like to share some of the tool designs with my peers. I know this is a large request but these designs could improve many people's lives. ”

“Yes it is fine, you don’t need to make such a big fuss over it.”

After leaving the ring store I met up with the girls. Grabbing my arm Aura asked what was I doing.“Nathan darling can you tell us what you were up to?” We a playful tone she whispers in my ear “Is it a gift for us?”

Poking Aura's cheek I tell them no peaking.

With pouty expressions, Aura and Athena turn their faces away in protest. “You both are cute when you’re pouting.

” You are so mean Nathan, how could you do this to your beautiful girlfriends!”

After returning to the fortress we informed the queen we would be leaving for a while to train our KI. After leaving the materials for the rings with a soldier we left the city so we could ascend back to the divine realm.

With a happy smile, aura pointed at an island on the map window. “Let’s go to this island Nathan it may be good for our other plans also.”

After we all agreed we descended to the island. Looking around we found a flat area to begin activating our KI. Ki is the power of the spirit so while activating it you have to be able to sense it. Compared to mana what is the power of the mind which is more instinctive while KI is far harder to sense and control since it's the power of the spirit. While sitting with my eyes close I sense another form of energy inside my body. After attempting to control this power I felt a sudden pain and everything went black. After waking up I had a worried Aura and Athena sitting next to me.

“You dummy why did you try to pull from your divine power.” With tears rolling from Auras's face she starts hitting my chest.

“I’m sorry after sensing my KI I found an energy type I wasn’t used to. What happened to me when I tried to control my divine power?”

The red-eyed Athena explained while I was trying to calm down Aura. “After activating your divine power you combined it with your Ki and faced a backlash. Most people would have died since even a single unit of divinity is undoubtedly stronger than even thousands of units of mana. Luckily your body is that of a deity so It was able to withstand the backlash of a failed energy merging.”

After I calmed both girls we ascended back up and I skip ahead for a year. After heading down to the human kingdom to get the rings I returned to the divine realm.

Manipulating the area near our bedroom I create a garden with an open sky. Looking above you see our world floating and spinning. After adding some plants around the garden I made some cherry orchards with two secluded areas.

One area has gold and red roses with a bench in the center. The last area has white and red roses with the bench being to the side of a waterway. 

After getting down on one knee I ask the girls to marry me. I asked Aura in the gold and red rose area since gold-colored roses were her favorite. Then I asked Athena in the white and red rose area since white is her favorite color. Since red roses symbolize love I added them. I know both of them have been planning a wedding so I thought I better make sure I asked them to marry me properly. It’s also a good apology for making them both so worried when I had a backlash.

After I proposed to both of them we had a large feast. When we finished the celebration for the day Aura told me that there is a meeting coming up soon for Zeus's faction. Aura told me in a nervous voice Once we get there there was something important she needed to tell me.

“I already know you knew about me not being a new goddess. I’m sorry for not telling you the truth until now but it’s quite complicated. Would it be fine if we discuss it in detail when we head to the meeting next month and we can talk about it with my mother?”

“That’s fine Aura a good man doesn’t pry into their woman’s secrets. But will you answer this one question? Are you the little girl from my dreams? My childhood friend who disappeared that no one else remembers?”

With a bit of shock on her face. "Maybe, we did meet when we were children. It's complicated."

After saying that Aura rushed out of the room. While looking at Athena. "I guess I stood on a land mine, can you go check on her for me. I'm sorry I ended the day like this."

"It is fine Nathan I had a lovely time, thank you for everything today."

 

While the girls were busy I began to start our next project. Buying the building designer from the market place I decided to build the divine dragon mountain we planned to build. We are basing it off mount Olympus from earth myths.  Since dragons are very powerful compared to the other races we decided to make them servants of the gods so we can keep a close eye on them. Another big issue with dragons is that they are a solitary race so they don't tend to group up often. So far they have created a basic language but they haven't developed any real technologies. While I originally designing the dragon race I didn't think about the balance of the world making them too powerful compared to the rest of the races. Luckily the system does a lot of the adjustments for us but it will still eventually end up becoming a problem in the future if I do not do anything about it now.

With disappointment on my face, I state quickly. " I was a fool for treating this world as nothing but a game."

 

We are having to try to fix their overwhelming advantage in strength and their future developmental issues in technology due to my negligence.

 

Finishing my rough mental design of the mountain palace I added places for the dragons to nest and build dens. After designing dozens of large caves for the dragons to make a den in I design some of the floor plans for the palace. Massive hallways leading to different temples. I plan to add a temple dedicated to each of my sub deities on the first floor. As you work your way up I added a massive grand library that spans nearly a mile. We won't be able to fill it for a while however when the races start to make actual books we will slowly add them in by copying them.  Athena got me to buy a system that copied books and it was not cheap. Cost me a whole 500 points since it uses something similar to the A.I. god to collect the books and save them in a database. Right now it is quite expensive to create books costing around 1 CP for a single animal parchment book. Since my civilization hasn't begun to create books in mass it cost far more. In the future when they learn to make paper it should cut down the cost of creating them.

 

Items cost is based on 3 things. The first is material, the higher the grade or rarity of material will affect the cost. Second is the ease of production if your world could make hundreds of thousands of them easily it would be quite cheap to create with CP. The third is if it is discovered and if you have the knowledge to build it. When an item is not discovered in your world but you know of it and have a basic understanding of the workings you would be able to create it, however, this comes at a cost though. If you tried to make a gun because you have the basic knowledge of how it works, it will cost a large amount of CP since the system will help you create a working model by using extra CP. The biggest issue is that if you don't have a proper understanding it may break or not work properly.

 

So creating things unknown in your world requires advanced understanding on our part.

 

My third floor will become a barracks for our divine troops. We decided to have some dedicated heavenly soldiers but we are still in the planning stage. We are unsure if we will use a mix of the races or create a new race specifically for this task. 

 

The fourth floor will be an armory, blacksmith, alchemist, etc.

Our final floor, for now, will be a gate to our throne room. Each major deity will be given a seat and will have a statue created that will sit at the side of the throne room.

Shopping Cart

 

Building and landscaping System

This system is an add-on to the main system. The building and landscaping system allows the user to easily plan and construct buildings using CP with or without building materials. Please be aware by supplying the materials will reduce the cost of the build. The system also does small adjustments or warns of any major defects including structural stability, airtight, etc.

100CP

Book reservatory

This system automatically saves all books created in your world. Please note that settings can be changed to ignore/filter certain types of books.

500CP

Current Balance: 5,963CP

 

8