Chapter 12 – Birth of the Divine Dragon
340 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12 – Birth of the Divine Dragon

After finishing the ruff design for the dragon mountain I went to look for Aura. Walking down the hallway I found a golden slime wobbling into Aura’s room. “I almost forgot about Auras pet slime. This must be the first time I saw it since its evolution”

While thinking about this I redirected myself towards my research area. This must be one of the first times I am using this place. While chuckling to myself I pulled out the true dragon egg I received when we were still in our world. Placing it on the table a window popped up in front of the egg.

 

Please note hatchling will be bonded to first-person seen. Would the user like to hatch the egg?

Yes(50CP Pet slot) / no

 

 

 After reading the panel I decided to bring Athena here. After sending Athena a message to come here Aura and Athena entered my lab.

“Hi, girls, sorry for the sudden call since Aura has a pet I wanted to get Athena one too. While we were descended I found a dragon egg so I thought it would be a good pet for you if you want it.”

With a happy smile, Athena nodded. “Thank you Nathan yes I would love to have it.”

After building a wall to hide Aura and me I purchased it as a pet.

With alarm bells rings two new screens popped up.

Creation Warning!

Sentient race attempting to evolve to Demigod. Will you allow evolution? BEWARE Lesser gods may cause irreparable harm to your worlds since they are not bound to your pantheon by default?

YES / NO

 

ALERT!

Pet has met the requirements for ascension to godhood. Please be aware that pet will be loyal to your pantheon and is set to your pantheon by default. No extra cost is required for ascension. Please note that resurrection may cost more. If ascension is canceled pet will be locked by the system at height of mortal power.

 

After reading the notifications I was shocked. The dragon welp had just hatched and it was already trying to ascend to godhood. After pressing yes I grumbled to Aura. “Why did the system contradict itself?”

Letting out a small giggle Aura smiled. “The first warning is a default alert that will always appear due to the possible outcome if there are any bugs in the systems other creators make. It is just a protective measure.”

While thinking to myself I'm glad Aura has begun to act normal again. I break the wall to see Athena holding a small dragon in her arms. “I see you are getting along with your pet already.”

“Thank you, Nathan it’s so cute!” While holding the welp out in front of us Athena was puffing out her chest.

Grrrr, when the baby dragon was moved away from Athena it started to struggle erratically. “You better bring it back to you, it looks scared.”

After saying that Athena moved it back towards herself and it calmed down.  With an upset tone Aura looked at Athena. “I guess I won’t be able to play with it for a while then. It’s not fair I let you play with Jess.”

While looking panicked at Aura’s teasing Athena responded hurriedly. “I’m sorry, I can’t help it due to how dragons bond. Hopefully, soon it will let you play with it .”

“It’s ok Athena, she is just teasing you so you don’t need to panic so much.”

With a bright red face, Athena replies in an embarrassed tone. “Oh, ok Nathan.”

“While you girls are here why don’t we discuss our plans about the dragons. I have already made a rough design for the building we are planning to use.”

After we sat down in the conference room we began to have a long discussion on the final touches on how we should properly manage the dragons.

Firstly we will set up a council of the strongest dragons under a dragon god. We will allow the dragons to bring their eggs to the dragon mountain to be under its protection. We will then raise the dragons into mounts for our army while teaching them important ideals.  We also plan to use a mix of our races however, we plan to buy the celestial reincarnation system that will turn one of the races into a stronger version of their selves. The biggest issue is that I will have to spend 30CP per person. It will be a quality over quantity for the people chosen, after buying the system we will be able to direct the visual looks of the evolution. We plan to make each of them to have more angelic features. White wings, golden color eyes, and small golden horns will be the features we plan to make them have after their evolution for the humanoid races. The dragons will have golden scales and the mermaids will have everything apart from wings. 

We plan to pick a small handful from each race to bring here alongside the dragons. For the dragon god, we plan to create a new god, the mother of all dragons that will stay in the dragon mountain. We want the dragon god to be massive even compared to other dragons and it will be the main envoy for the gods of our world.

After we came up with a few models for the dragon god we decided to look at the building itself. Aura and Athena wanted a waterfall leading off the edge of one of the smaller mountings and plans for a stone dock. The rest of the designs had a few tweaks for the residential area for the soldiers including adding an entertainment area. We also plan to add a farm area on the southern side of the island for food growth.

 

Dragon Princess Nora POV

“Hello child, I am the mother of all dragons. I know this may be confusing but please come to the sanctuary. We have created a new sanctuary for all the races. Please lead your brood to here and help us keep our race safe. ”

Even though this was the first time hearing this voice I felt warmth and comfort from it. It was like a warm cave or when I was still a hatchling hiding under my mother’s wings. I feel like I knew this voice all my life. “Are you a god?”

With an angelic giggle, the voice responds in a quiet but motherly tone. “Yes, I am the patron deity of the dragon race. I have been given authority over all matters over our race and I was granted the domain of family.”

After hearing her say granted I only had one question. Which being could even stand above someone with this much power? Even though I still have not met the mother in person even her words contain such power and wisdom that I could not imagine even being able to go against her will. But I knew better than to ask unneeded questions or my life could easily be forfeited.

“Yes, I understand mother I will gather my children and bring them to you. Do you wish for me to bring anything else or gather other dragons on my way?”

“You are a smart child, yes you should try to gather others. To answer the question on your mind there are others like myself and a being that stands above all others. He is a being even I must fear. Remember child even if you do not remember anything else. Never look down on the other races you will soon meet or it may be the end of our race. If you especially insult the elf or human races you may be eliminated on the spot by the creator. His women are from those races and even I the dragon god nearly lost my life. I have learned that our pride is unfounded, we may have more power than other races but it is meaningless to the one who granted us said power.”

After she finished her warning she began to explain what I should bring and who I should recruit to join the sanctuary. I was instructed to bring anyone who wishes to join but I am not to force anyone. I do not need to bring anything that is not for travel.

After landing near my children’s nest I gathered them up to begin our journey. I have 3 girls and 1 boy due to the dragon's nature most children will listen to their mother even in adulthood. We have a very strong connection with our mothers however, we females only use the males to breed and we will not bond most of the time. (Author note- When dragons bond they are in a relationship and will stay together.)  So most of our broods do not have any familial connection to the father.

 

After we began our travels we gathered several of my grandchildren and headed to The Mother’s sanctuary. After we were flying above the ocean for a day we spotted a large island. A celestial waterfall fell down the side of a mountain. A mountain with hundreds of caves scattered within it. But the biggest shock was the heavenly palace that sat in the center. Giant Marble pillars that even made us dragons seem small sat at the entrance. Near the entrance is a garden of different plants. Statues holding scales, spears, and a baby were sat to the side. As we enter the giant hallways we hear a voice telling us what way to go. After passing many massive doors we enter a room with a giant dragon.

After seeing her figure we all fell to our knees trembling. We all knew who it was and we couldn't help shrink before her presence. Her golden and blue scales were so shiny that they could reflect light. She was nearly 60 meters tall while still laying. We could only feel reverence towards her.

“Hello, my chosen children. You are the first batch of children here and you, Nora have done well. I will grant you the title of princess and you will govern your family to make sure they do not cause trouble. Lastly, the caves to the west are the ones we have created for you all to nest in. Feel free to choose one each. Finally, you can leave your eggs here to hatch and we will raise them to any parent that does not wish to raise their brood. Beware once delivered to us there is no going back and we will not allow abandonment of eggs on this island.”

After hearing The Mother's words I felt cold sweat rolling down my back. Most dragons will give birth to lesser subraces or a different type of dragon to themself. Most dragons will only abandon the lesser dragons, however, some of the more prejudiced dragons will also get rid of any dragons, not of their type. (Author Note- There are several types of dragons and it depends on where the dragons were laid due to the natural energy.)

“Yes I understand mother, I will make sure my children will not abandon any of their eggs.”

"Good, from this day you will be the princess of the dragon race by my affority. Please come forward."

 

After walking forward and laying on my back to show submission. A light surrounded me. I panicked at first thinking I must have angered The Mother but I was suddenly proven wrong. My scales changed to gold and my claws grew longer. With sudden power gushing inside me I let out a small fire breath.

 

"You are the first celestial of our race so don't bring shame to me, my child."

Before we left the chamber we all bowed our heads towards the mother then we headed towards the caves to build new nests.

 

Author notes

In the next few chapters, we will be seeing the consequences of Nathan not balancing his races very well and his regret of it. Even though aura might help her parents in the past it was always on established worlds so many of the balancings of the worlds are still quite new to her.  A quick question Do you want to see Ant people or spider people as one of the future races? I need a race that breeds fast so I thought one of these is probably good.

9