Chapter 14- Meeting the parents
259 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14- Meeting the parents

 

After leaving our domain we entered through the black door that led to a luxurious office space. White marble bookcases covered the wall with red carpet on the floor. It was closer to a library than an office. After looking up I spotted an unimaginable number of floors heading upwards. While walking towards the desk we spotted when we arrived here, I noticed Aura was trying to avoid us from spotting something while feeling embarrassed. She constantly was attempting to keep our attention on her with a scarlet face. Turning around there was a large painting of Aura and a woman that looks quite similar to her. Aura was dressed in an elegant and fluffy dress.

 

"Yes, that's my mum and me. My father got it commissioned by the god of art a few months before I left to go with you. My mother decided to hang it inside her office."

 A sudden light flashed past us. I wasn't able to make it out clearly, looking around hurriedly I spotted Aura and her mother hugging.

"I missed you so much! I'm glad you're doing well but why are you back so soon? I thought from your letters we would meet up during the meeting but, you’re a week early."

 

"About that, we should sit down and talk about it mum. We received a declaration of war all of a sudden and it said dad knows about it."

 

While looking upset Aura's mother brought us into a lounge area of her office. "I assume Zeus will come down when he is ready to speak. So why don't we speak until he gets here? I'm Gaea, Aura’s mother. I am pleased to meet you again, Nathan."

 

Feeling cold sweat roll down my back I shake Gaea's hand while being slightly confused. "It's an honor to meet Auras mother."

 

While letting out a sweet smile Gaea looked at Aura and me. "It is nice that you two are getting along! I will look forward to becoming a grandmother in the future." With a red face, we talked about Auras and my past.

"That doesn't make much sense though! How can a mortal resist a god's power? I would have thought it would have been impossible especially for a weak earthling like me."

 

In a playful tone, Gaea stated in a matter-of-fact tone. "Earthlings are not weak they just have different strengths. Mortals wouldn't be able to resist Zeus's power that is the important point. Even a small amount of his divinity would kill a human so he has to be very precise. That's why the creator system doesn't have the feature of changing memories by default since it takes very precise control. You were able to resist it since you would require more than the safe amount of divinity an average human can withstand to remove all your memories. To work out your limit would probably kill you. You should think of it as a piece of glass. It can only hold so much pressure on it before it shatters. Some glass is slightly stronger than others but we can't tell how much until we put pressure onto it."

 

"Ok, but couldn't you of tried to remove my remaining memories later on?"

"Yes we could have attempted it but it could have led to your death since a mortal body will attempt to bind divinity into their souls.  Since you had already received a large dose it would probably take 20 years minimum for it to be safe to use such a large amount of divinity on you."

 

While letting out a fearless grin towards Aura, Gaea said with a roguish tone. "The second reason was Aura was making plans to somehow make you a god. Since you were both children she had a massive crush on you. She practically stalked you and I was worried if you ever got married. We even had to make preparations in case she went on a rampage."

 

With an embarrassed expression, Aura spoke with an upset tone. "Mum stop before Nathan thinks I'm weird. I didn't stalk him I just checked up on him from time to time. Can you stop talking about me now it’s embarrassing?"

While hugging Aura from the side I attempted to appease the upset elf.

 

Hearing the door open I see Zeus walk in. After reaching the lounge area he took a seat next to Gaea. At this point, I have learned Aura is Zeus and Gaea's child. I wasn't super shocked though, I started to piece it all together when we arrived and then Gaea confirmed it after telling me Aura’s story.

 

"Nathan my child what can I help you with?"

 

While being annoyed I answered in a somewhat upset tone. "You should know already since you helped set it up. I am meant to have a war game with a Creator known as Ares?"

"Yes you are right but you were not meant to have received any information on it yet. I wanted to inspect the world he sent you to make sure he did not set it up to instantly explode or anything. We were also worried about giving Ares too much time to develop since he is an experience Creator."

While feeling my blood boiling I ask the senile old man in an impatient tone. "Why would you agree to a war without telling us beforehand? I could have made better preparations if I knew the rules and conditions ahead of time."

 

"The reason is simple Nathan!" After saying this Zeus looked at me dead in the eyes with an unwavering will. "It is a test we decided to give you. If you can't defend for at least 10 years against Ares's army we will take Aura back until we feel you can protect her."

 

After hearing Zeus's words I felt such rage that I couldn't help bursting out with spiteful words. "Aura is not property to be given and taken you senile old man."

 

"Calm down. I know that but she is my precious daughter and how can I trust you to protect her if you can't even win a war game where both of you start on the same playing field. After you gain a few more years of experience she can come back to live with you and I won't stop you from seeing her here.

 

"I may not like it but I understand your point however, I want to make this one condition. After I prove myself I wish for this to be the last time you threaten me with this. "

 

"Ok, I agree to that condition. So why don't we leave the girls here for now and head towards your realm so we can view the new world you received from Ares."

Before we left Gaea said in a playful tone. "See you later young knight I will look after your princess while you are gone."

 

After opening a doorway back to my realm with a red face Zeus and I went through into my conference room.

"Ha, you have a quite modest taste Nathan but I will recommend you begin to renovate this place to a more practical design. There should be some guides in the forums where some of our factions creators have set up some basic layout plans for the different facilities you will need."

"How do you know my layout already?"

Zeus let out a small chuckle while puffing out his chest. "I sent my mana out to the surrounding area and it acted similar to a sonar.  It allowed me to get a detailed layout plan of your divine realm."

 

While nodding my head I decided to find a way to counter this in the future. After we sat down at the table I summon a 3d model of the new world Ares sent to me. "Here it is, even when I played the game I have never played a tech world so I have no idea what I should be keeping an eye out for."

 

"Since this is a test I will only give you some subtle advice. I won't tell you what to do so take everything I tell you with a grain of salt."

 After looking at the world for a while I noticed Zeus's smile begin to twitch. "I didn't expect him to sabotage a world to this point. If I am correct he created a whole new world to just add as many issues as he could. He has added mana clusters inside this world that could cause issues with developing technologies if not handled correctly."

"I would have assumed in the rules it would have stated he couldn't sabotage a world."

 

"I was planning on checking the world since we told him he could choose one of his worlds, but he sent it to you before I checked it so he could have possible deniability. It would also be difficult to say what is sabotage and what is for future advancements. Quite a few creators will add mana clusters after their civilizations advance a bit so they can develop technologies that will work in mana rich areas."

 

"So Ares gave me a bunch of problem systems that has uses for experienced creators or more advanced civilizations but will only cause a beginner like me problems. So why is he coming after me anyway Zeus?"

 

"You are right these are all problem systems for you right now. Ares is upset with you because he wished to marry Aura to try to gain a higher position in our faction. I allow my children to choose their partners, but many creators will practically sell off their children for even small benefits."

 

"What even is the point? Couldn't these creators just create their dream girl/boy? How does pregnancy even work with creators? I understand if we are on the planet since we create a body to descend into."

 

"That's pretty simple when it is with a god and a creator. The child born from a deity and a creator will have a limited pool of domains they could be born with they are demi-god of creation, same domain as deity parent, or finally the opposite domain to the deity parent. (Author Note domain was water the opposite would be fire.) Demigods of creation are quite interesting since when we assign one we end up spending a vast amount of cp. To be precise nearly a million cp and they can only create a star system and the size of the star system depends on the child's talent. That's why they are sought after since a talented person tends to leave talented descendants. It will take the mother's divinity or creation energy to conceive a child. The mother can choose if she wishes to get pregnant or not."

 

"Ok that makes a bit of sense but what about mortals. Mortals don't have divinity so does that mean only female creators can have children with mortals? "

 

"Nope, your completely wrong. You cannot conceive a child with a mortal while in the divine realm. You must be in your descended form since you are treated more like a demi-god of creation. Their descendants will be given a domain based on their talents. Ares was one of my children's descendants and he gain the domain of war."

"So you ascended Ares because of his talent in war? If he is talented enough to gain the war domain do I even have a chance of defeating him."

 

Zeus sat in a dazed state for a second with a happy smile. After he snapped out of his daze he began to speak.  "Of course you do but before we get side-tracked again let's discuss things you should look out for. We should also talk about the issues with the world systems."

 

After explaining many issues with the systems Ares created, Zeus told me to speak to the goddess that came with the world and make her sign a divine pact. This is to make sure she doesn't do anything to help Ares while I am developing the world. The next biggest priority is to begin to create new designs for ships and weapons since they are probably faulty designs. Knowing I will have to spend a lot of time on the world I decided to fast forward while I am descended to this new world. This is possible but very disliked for the reason of not being able to receive alerts or use most of the creation system while descended to a world.

 

Goddess of the end Freya POV

 

After opening my eyes I found myself in an overly pompous room. There were so many things made of gold and silver making the room lose its grandeur. Looking around I see a handsome-looking man upon seeing him something inside me knows I should show him reverence. I knew instinctively I should show my absolute loyalty to him, but why do I feel slightly disappointed. Shouldn't I be happy to have such a powerful lord that can even create a being like myself? 

While putting on a happy smile I spoke to my creator for the first time.

 

"My Lord Ares, I am pleased to meet you. Please tell me my duties!"

 

"That's good, I will be gifting you and a world to a creation deity known as Genesis. We will be competing against one another and I am preparing him a world. You should know what to do! "

 

After hearing Ares's words I felt as if chains were lifted from my soul. So he isn't my master... My master has forced a being of such power to grant him an entire world just to have a chance to compete in a competition against him.

 

"I understand my task Lord Ares, you wish for me to manage the world with the items you will give me until it reaches Lord Genesis's hands if I am correct."

 

In a sarcastic tone, Ares replied to Freya with a happy face. "Yes you're a smart girl, that bastard stole the princess from me. So make sure to manage it well hahaha."

"I will listen to your words Lord Ares, I will make sure to manage my lord Genesis's new world well."

After hearing Ares's words I understood that Ares was jealous of my lord since he couldn't gain the Mistress's favor.

After leaving the golden hall I was brought to my master's new world. After being given the world's systems I was shocked. Why would Ares do this to a newly formed world? It's a mess, I can only assume lord Ares is a lowly ranked creator who has no idea of governance. Since I was created I have had an understanding of governance and a basic understanding of commonly used systems on the market up to the 5th tier. I wonder where I gained this knowledge from since Ares doesn't seem to have any knowledge of governance. While I was thinking to myself I began to gather servants from the intelligent races.

 

The dominant race in this world is known as the Legion race. They are 2-meter tall ants that are Bipedal. After finding The Legion's queen I forced them to worship me as a god after showing my overwhelming power by spending some of my divinity.  They begin to build monuments towards me which allowed me to start gaining divinity. Around 30% was being sent to Ares and being converted to creation energy.

 

After spending nearly 300 years exterminating the races that wouldn't follow me, we began to build cities with the gods ruling at the center. Knowing my lord will only receive us when we reach a certain level of power I decided to work hard for the next few hundred years. After we finished building our cities we began to industrialize our civilization. So we began to create some of the designs lord Ares gave for the tools we will need to reach space.

 

It took us around 250 years to be able to follow the design and start producing everything Ares gave designs for. I was born with the knowledge of the first two tiers of technological principles so I have a good understanding of the science behind them. I have begun to notice many flaws in the designs Ares gave. In response, I began to correct the flaws I noticed but it may be better to fully redesign the plans Ares has given.

 

I believe Ares may be trying to sabotage my lord so I have begun to stockpile materials. This will allow lord Genesis to be able to fight against him without having to commit to flawed technologies. I have set up a research team to study and develop better technologies from the weapons, satellites, and vehicle schematics we have received from Ares.

 

With the brief conversations I have had with Ares I have found out they will use these worlds to combat each other. Lord Genesis must be giving Ares a handicap by letting him develop his world initially. But I will prove my loyalty by undoing as much of his sabotage as I could.

 

-100 years later in the Holy Capital Divine Monument -

We have called our civilization the lost empire. This is to immortalize our loyalty to our true god genesis. We built a massive 190-floor pyramid in the center of the capital city. The pyramid has several important facilities including defence systems, factories, labs, hangers, docks, and housing. On the top floor sits my office. This was an entirely new design with newly created technologies, however many of the resources used are too rare to be able to replace the more defective designs we received from Ares. The spacecraft and weaponry are still quite advanced and we are not able to yet fully reverse engineer them. I plan to report this to lord Genesis and ask for his opinion on the matter.

 

Bang!

The room began to shake and the world froze. After about half a day a golden light appeared in the room and I sensed a man in front of me. He was a man around 6 foot tall maybe mid-20s with short black hair and a somewhat muscular build. He was the same sort of existence as Ares however, his Aura seemed far more calming than Ares. Ares's aura was far more violent in nature, while this person's Aura was more tranquil. His aura still hid a glimpse of power inside it. It was like a calm wave at the minute but I could imagine if he became angry it could turn out to be like a tsunami crashing down on me.

 

The simple-looking man in front of me must be the one I have been waiting for. “Lord Genesis, I am pleased to meet you! I have been waiting for your arrival for a long time would you like my report now.”

 

 

-Author note-

Sorry for not uploading in a while! I had a family member who had died and I was away from home. I only expected to be away for a few days but it ended up taking longer than I thought it would!

Freya is an asset from the market Ares has bought. It gave a Deity template with absolute loyalty to the creator they would serve and a random personality. Ares didn't realize when he told her that he was giving her to Nathan he changed her loyalty by mistake since she took it as he created her to be Nathans servant. Even if he attempted to change it before sending her to Nathan due to her template setting she no longer thought of herself as part of Ares pantheon and would have been counted as a rebelling deity.

The future chapters will be focusing on this world for a while but a few odd chapters will be on the original world.

I want to also add a propper date system. I will probably do something similar to our Day Month Year but if anyone has any better ideas feel free to comment below. 

Also, it will be explained in tomorrow's chapter but I will be adding Bee and ant people! :P

The next chapter will have some space pirate hunting!

8