Chapter 16 Civil war Part 1
216 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16 Civil war Part 1
Countess Anna of the Lost Empire POV
Since I was born I was meant to be a queen, however, I must serve under that unworthy empress. We are forced to follow what she says and my children are used for her benefit under a false god. So I decided to take back what was mine after the queen canceled a large order of ships from me.

I have been working on this plan for close to a decade. I invested in the space docks spending most of my hive's wealth. I originally wanted to work out what would make the empress change her order with me so quickly. Due to the change, many of the other nations were able to catch up on the number of ships we produced. Our overwhelming advantage on the number of ships we had was greatly lessened.

Then I found out why after I sent some of my children in as spies, it was for the development of a new massive ship. The information they sent back was incomplete designs of a ship called a mothership. The designs were segmented to stop the leakage of the new generation systems that will be installed on it and most of the tech was being built in that bitch's hives to keep it hidden. However, I have access to military technologies so I will be able to replace the tech with them. I will be able to achieve my goal of overthrowing that dunce with this new design. Over the past decade, I have begun to make allies with many of the small and mid-ranked nobles in our empire. The biggest changing point was when I convince the chancellor of the federation to back me in my rebellion. It cost a huge amount of military technologies but it was worth it.

We built a base to start the production of many fighter class ships that had been perfected over the many years of our empire. We decided to create a pirate organization to start stealing the materials to build the massive Mothership. We spent around 20 years adapting current technologies to work inside the ship however, I was shocked to find out they had to install 20 fusion reactors to get the thing to move. They had to remove some of the cargo space but this isn’t an issue for a command ship like this.
Bang! Bang! I heard the large bulkheads slam open. While looking at the major with great annoyance he responded with a panicked tone. “My lady, my lady they are attacking.”

With a sharp tone, I responded to the insignificant creature. “Why should I care, just send the necessary number of ships. We have close to a thousand small craft here and hundreds of medium ships.”

After getting on his knees he responded quickly. “My lady it’s a Mothership like the one we are building. They have already sent out hundreds of unfamiliar small vessels that have the power to compete even with our medium-size warships. Those ships only seem to be scouts so when the main force arrives I doubt we will be able to escape.”

This was the first time I felt fear since being born. “Launch all ships including the Mothership. We will breakthrough and I will escape to safety with our research data.”

While rushing through the corridors I boarded the Mothership. We plan to use our smaller vessels to stall their Mothership while we escape. The only issue we have is many crucial facilities are still not complete inside the ship but luckily I had the foresight to focus on the combat systems so we should be ok for this battle.

After we flew out of the hanger we received constant bombardment. I was shocked, hundreds of small vessels were flying around outside our base. While thinking I could use this to help my rebellion if we could obtain a sample of the ship we attempted to blast our way through.

BANG! Suddenly alarms were blazing around the bridge of the ship. “We have taken heavy damage on our main weapon. Our shields have been breached close off emergency bulkheads to stop the breach.”

While the supermajor was shouting I spotted the enemy's Mothership. I was shocked. It was covered in new types of weapons that could do incredible damage to the top-of-the-line shields we installed on this ship. I made up my mind to quickly board a Transport vessel. This transport had top-of-the-line shields and military-grade armor.

While attempting to escape, the hanger of the Mothership took a direct hit. All the personnel inside the hanger were sucked out into the void. With the hanger doors blasted open we left in a rush. We began to take fire from several small crafts however, our remaining ships began to guard my transport vessel.

The supermajor who had the rank of an admiral who boarded with me shouted in a panic to the other ships. “Protect the transport and use the Mothership as a shield. We must get the queen out of this battle you stupid fools.”
Roger that admiral, we will draw the enemies’ attention.

Bang! The black void was being lit up by explosions. A crackling sound came over the coms. “Admiral the Mothership has had its propulsion systems destroyed and our fusion reactors are going offline. I will launch the last of our medium vessels as a last line of defense. Please quickly escape and protect the queen.”

Boom! The coms were suddenly cut off and after looking at the monitor we noticed the Mothership bridge has been destroyed.
While looking at the admiral I shouted in fear. “We must escape quickly, our forces won't hold on for long.” How are those ships so powerful, how did I miss this I have been receiving all the designs being built at the space dock.
After several minutes we managed to leave most of their ships and we plotted a course to another base we set up so we can decide our next decision.

Inside of the Lost Empire Flagship, Nathan, Aura, and Freya were all sleeping on a large bed. After waking up the fleet admiral told them of the situation of the transport ship escaping and the enemy Mothership they managed to salvage.

“Lady Freya the Mothership the enemy had was not the completed flagship class. They seemed to have a simplified design without the important facilities. We should be able to salvage the frame but it will have to be gutted so we are towing it back to the space dock.”
While being upset after showing a big mistake in front of Nathan after he just excepted me as his mistress, I decided to make those bastards pay greatly. While looking at the Admiral I spoke in an angry tone.“How did you allow a leak of this magnitude, I understand it was not the flagship design but they still managed to get the information on the simplified Mothership. We must find the traitor who dared raise their hand towards us. We will execute all the rogue nobles involved so begin an investigation immediately. You will receive your punishment after this is resolved.”

With a worried look on his face, he responded in a respectful tone. “Yes I understand lady Freya, but please only punish me and not the others in my hive since it was solely my mistake.”

I sat on Nathan's lap opposite Mistress Aura and spoke in an annoyed tone. “I will make this decision after finding out if your queen was part of this or not. I will make a promise not to kill any innocent members of your hive. If your queen was involved I will have you deal with her and select a new queen from her brood.”

After we finished up talking about the important details Nathan took me to his divine realm. I was pretty shocked since it looks pretty normal. There were no fancy decorations or beastly designs; it was just a modest office room. While looking around I spotted another woman walking towards us, I glanced at Nathan and Aura to see their reaction to this woman. Their facial expression didn’t change so I couldn't gauge their relation at all.

“Welcome Back Nathan, I missed you!” After giving Nathan a hug she looked towards me, I realized that she must be one of Nathan's women I introduced myself to her with a smile. “Hello My lady, I am Freya Nathan's new mistress. I will be in your care.”
While looking at me with a confused expression she asked Nathan a question. “Is this the god Ares gave us? Why is she being so polite Nathan are you planning on turning her into a maid or something?”
After Nathan looked at the woman he replied in a confused tone. “No, I wasn’t planning on it, Athy. Why do you think she is becoming a maid?”

“Because she told you she is your mistress. Aura explained it to me that mistresses are maids.”
After a long conversation explaining to Athena and Freya that she is not a maid while Aura looked upon us with an amused smile.
After we got Freya settled in we continue to develop the Ragnarok system but an unexpected change happened in the world of Gaia unknown to us at the time.

 

Author note

Gaia is Nathans fantasy world, it was explained briefly in a previous chapter. Aura named it in reference to her mother.

7